Sign in to follow this  
milan marcus

Drury

Lots of talk about Flem and Doggers however my concern as well as the centre is Drury who was a legend but seems to have lost his way.  Maybe his confidence was knocked in the Prem but he does not seem to be half the player he was.  I would like to see Brennan start in this position if Drury still looks dodgy.  Hope Worthy is brave enough to use the squad when required rather than sticking with his "team".  On a positive note I think we have the squad to get promotion however we need a manager to use the squad effectively.

Up the City!

[quote]Lots of talk about Flem and Doggers however my concern as well as the centre is Drury who was a legend but seems to have lost his way. Maybe his confidence was knocked in the Prem but he does not see...[/quote]

IMO whoever plays at left back will have a rough time with our current system of playing hux on the left wing.

On sat, in the second half especially, the number of times drury was left with 2 advanced players to mark was astounding - even at the top of his form any player would struggle when getting no defensive cover.  It was the same last year when charliemoved across he has exactly the same problems drury did who then got his place back.

If Hughes comes across to cover that then leaves the central midfield over exposed.  Either way city need to get a system in place that covers hux natural tendency as a striker; and to be honest I dont want him defending; its a waste of his talents.

One way would be to play an outright 4-3-3 with Jarrett, Hughes and Marney spread across the middle. However this would leave us very thin in midfield and unlikely to dominate a game in tha part of the pitch.  it would also leves us with no cover if one gets injured.  

OTBC

Hucks needs to get back but I believe he is better than he used to be.  If you give him a free role then we will always be exposed even at this level.  Any manager would demand that Hucks gets back for this very reason.  I still think the issue is not Hucks but the quality of our left sided defenders however we will escape without to many problems because of the quality in the Tango league however if we get promoted then need to address it and therefore we may as well get it sorted now.

[quote]Lots of talk about Flem and Doggers however my concern as well as the centre is Drury who was a legend but seems to have lost his way. Maybe his confidence was knocked in the Prem but he does not see...[/quote]

Thats quite some acusation there in the first line buddy! lol