Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

In Talks With New Signing

Sometimes a loan can be disruptive to the established squad - I would be happy with what we have. We would struggle if Cameron got a knock though.

[quote user="FCC"]Sometimes a loan can be disruptive to the established squad - I would be happy with what we have. We would struggle if Cameron got a knock though.[/quote]

Yes. Look what that Darren Huckelberry Finn fella did to us.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9766387

-wants-new-loan-striker

Found that from their last game. Freedman talks about facing stiff competition for a player and that he needs to convince them he can develop them and give them game time... A young fringe player then? Did someone mention that Akpom lad?

wcorkcanary wrote the following post at 22/03/2015 8:37 AM:

Mario Ballotelli

I think he and AN would get on like a house on fire.😄

If we are looking at Ross Mc from Fulham, on loan with a view to signing if promoted, I dont think it would be a bad deal, if we can get him for around 5-6 mill at most.

Ross Mc would be seen as a natural competitor (and long term successor) to Wes, a number 10 player who can "make things happen". Younger than Wes too, and got a bit more bite in him.

[quote user="alartz"][quote user="Ray"]How about Jamar Loza from Nrowich?[/quote]

How about no.

Just because he''s scored once. Doesn''t make him good enough[/quote]But it makes far, far more sense than loaning in someone else''s untried youth. If we do loan someone in at this stage of the season then it has to be someone of reasonable experience.

''I think he and AN would get on like a house on fire.😄 ''.......Jenks

There could be fireworks alright !!!!

fairly sure McCormack went off injured for Fulham vs Leeds in midweek?

bare in mind also that this is a striker that Forest are in for aswell.....McCormack wouldnt hardly leave Fulham to go to Forest?. As Freedman is interested I''m thinking maybe Palace?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]fairly sure McCormack went off injured for Fulham vs Leeds in midweek?

bare in mind also that this is a striker that Forest are in for aswell.....McCormack wouldnt hardly leave Fulham to go to Forest?. As Freedman is interested I''m thinking maybe Palace?[/quote]Having had a look at Palace''s squad, are we going to finally sign, after all these years, SHOLA AMOEBI???[:O]

If we were to bring in a loan player it would probably be an experienced striker. If so then Jordan Rhodes would be the most likely bet because:

1. AN has confirmed he is one they have considered,

2. Blackburn''s hopes of making the play offs ended with the home defeat to Brighton yesterday,

3. They could save his considerable wages if a loan with a view to a permanent deal could be agreed.

Although Rhodes has apparently expressed an interest in Middlesbrough, if they don''t make a move for him then he has to consider alternatives.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]From Chris Goreham twitter:

Hearing that Dougie Freedman told @BBCRNS that a player Forest were trying to sign was holding talks with #ncfc today. Not sure who.[/quote]The player being referred to is Arsenal''s Akpom.

When are people going to stop this idiotic speculation about Jordan Rhodes?

I think we have seen that AN prefers pacy, hard working, mobile forwards.

Which of those qualities has Rhodes got?

Since AN has confirmed already that Rhodes is a player he has considered it would seem he thinks Rhodes has some or all of these qualities.

My advice to you is that you are better of being thought of as a fool rather than making posts that remove any doubt!

I''d be happy with Akpom. Though there are lots of rumours about Wilson from Man U interesting lots of Championship top clubs

Crafty Canary wrote the following post at 22/03/2015 5:43 PM:

Since AN has confirmed already that Rhodes is a player he has considered it would seem he thinks Rhodes has some or all of these qualities.

My advice to you is that you are better of being thought of as a fool rather than making posts that remove any doubt!

.................. and I suggest you listen to what AN actually said about Rhodes.

Yes he was considered .............. as were probably another twenty strikers. No interest at all was shown in the player.

Can you see him filling the lone striker role and working as hard as Grabban, who was his preferred striker before his injury?

Surely he would look for a similar player.

Just as you gave you opinion, I gave mine.

However, I did not ask for your advice, and, quite frankly don''t need it or want it.

I did not however become

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]My advice to you is that you are better of being thought of as a fool rather than making posts that remove any doubt![/quote]Quite right Crafty, there''ve been several notable examples of that in the past.That crazy doctor who prescribed ''burning effigies'' is one that springs to mind. [:D] [<:o)]

Purple canary,

what makes you think it is AKPON? Would be interested to know where you have heard this from as I rate him.

[quote user="chuggs"]Purple canary,

what makes you think it is AKPON? Would be interested to know where you have heard this from as I rate him.[/quote]My source is today''s Nottingham Evening Post:"Yet Forest''s hopes may still rest on Freedman''s ability to land a

player of similar ilk, in the form of Arsenal''s wonderkid Chuba Akpom, a

19-year-old who already carries the not insignificant weight of being

labelled the next Thierry Henry. Signing him represents a

similarly titanic challenge to Forest''s hopes closing that ten-point gap

that now exists between them and the play-offs, however, with the

teenager having been present in Norfolk – but only to hold talks with

the Canaries.
"That is not to say we will sign him. Only that he is the player Forest are after but with whom we were having discussions this weekend.

Purple - "The player being referred to is Arsenal''s Akpom"

Can''t see this being true. The complete opposite to the sort of loan signing AN described. Unproven and no goals.

I''m not so sure it''s a proven goalscorer we need and the chances of getting one on loan in March are probably pretty slim.

I think we need someone with pace, who can run at defenders, harry defenders, has good feet and a good pass on him.

To get the above, plus a proven goal scorer at this stage isn''t going to happen.

Is Akpom the man to provide the above? I don''t know. But if Akpom is that man, (or just the man we bring in) then the question that will surely be on some people''s lips is why loan out Josh Murphy and loan in Akpom?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"] But if Akpom is that man, (or just the man we bring in) then the question that will surely be on some people''s lips is why loan out Josh Murphy and loan in Akpom?[/quote]

Its a replacement for Grabban we need in the short term.  The Murphies are not in that mould.  A powerful quick and hard working spearhead is what is required in Grabban''s absence - not young wingers who are yet to prove themselves on the wing, let alone as a front men.

Re-read my post. I''m well aware it''s a replacement for Grabban that we need.

I have not suggested that Murphy is that man.

The question still stands, if it is Akpom, whether as a replacement for Grabban or not (as I stated above) why bring him in and loan out Josh?