Sign in to follow this  
joe

who stays and goes if neil gets us up

Jumping the gun a bit but despite our poor mid week showing I feel increasingly confident under Neil he will take us to the premier league this season be it through the playoffs or automatics, under Adams games like Huddersfield would of derailed us but the sign of a promotion winning team is being able to take a setback and bounce back convincingly like we did today putting a resurgent and good forest side to the sword. Now onto the point of the thread if he gets us to the promised land how much rebuilding do you think this squad will need, this squad in my opinion is already premiership quality throughout every position and could hold their own with the likes of Stoke westbrom ect to stay up but what positions do you think we would need to strengthen to stay there. There is no doubt grabban and Jerome have done exceptionally well for us but I don''t know if we can afford two strikers that take 1 in 3 of their chances, hooper on the other hand is more clinical but doesnt seem to fit into Neils set up, be interested to know your views on areas we would need to strengthen to succeed under neil and possible players you would like to see come or go to give us a chance of progressing this club and comfortably finishing in the prem each year

[quote user="alartz"]Seriously who is this knob?

Must be bored by now. Clearly nothing better to do.

Get a job!!![/quote]

joe & DundeeFc - two knobs for the price of one on this thread.

It is these types of responses to a reasonable, albeit a little premature post, that are the reason why this message board has seen a decline in traffic and also decent discussion and debate....

Keep for sure - ruddy, Martin, Bassong, Olsson, Johnson, Tettey, Howson, Wes, Dorrans, redmond, Jerome, grabban, Josh murphy, Rudd.

Keep as a squad player - whittaker, o''neil, Odidja, Andreu.

Sell/ replace - Cuellar, R Bennett, Miquel, Garrido, e Bennett, hooper, Lafferty, RVW...

Youth to retain: Loza, Morris, Jacob murphy, mcgrandles etc.

Can''t think of any others!

I''d only try to sell RVW, Cuellar, Lafferty, Miquel and maybe Hooper if we sign another striker. Those 5 should net us around 10 million which would be useful. I think the squad is nearly good enough to stay up already. We just need 1 right back, 1 DM, 1 left winger and a big strong fast forward and that should be enough. We nearly stayed up last time with this squad with no decent strikers under Hughton anyway so i think only a little bit of quality is needed, not 8/9 cheaper players like in 2011

I think additions are needed and we must get the best of the championship.

We need a right back, I would like 2 centre halves, we need a left winger, we need a towering midfield general and we will need 2 strikers

I did look at the match of the day and thought that some teams looked weak but our group failed last season. They looked like championship players. We need players who will keep us up and depth of quality.

The biggest problem is that any player from a Prem or Championship side will be overpriced.

Leaugue 1 or 2 players will be seen as "unproven at this level", which encourages us to look abroad, but after the RVW debacle we all know what a lottery that can be.

So sign no one, trouser the money and hope we stay up somehow.

Pos Spend estimation

2 CB = £10m

1 RB = £4m

1 ST = £7m

1 LM = £6m

Possibly a CM

sell = Turner Cuellar Miquel O''Neil Becchio RVW Lafferty Bunn

[quote user="Trevor Hockeys Beard"]Sign no one, trouser the money and hope we stay up somehow.[/quote]

Apart from the fact that I don''t think we should be even thinking about next season at this stage, the above makes some sense.  Build the finances up as much as possible, stick to what we''ve got, with maybe strengthening with just one or two extras without spending too much - and then the following season start to build towards something stronger if we stay in the division.    You can spend 8 mill and get nothing for it!  Better to build slowly from a secure foundation.

If we do go up, we''ll need to buy a few players, there''s no doubt about it. We''re 4th in the championship atm lets not forget. With the money we''d be getting (highest it''s ever been) there''s be no reason why we wouldn''t get at least a new CB and a left winger. The money we''d be getting is outrageous, to not do all we can to stay there would be stupid. £8m can get you nothing, but it can also get you something. Each purchase is a gamble, but if we''re not losing anyone, it''s worth the gamble. We''ll be minted. We need to get up this year, luckily we''re in a good position and in good form going into the last 7 games

Hooper to be sold?  What are people thinking?Strikers on our books - Jerome, Grabban, Hooper, Lafferty, Loza, RVW and Becchio.When looking at that, RVW and Becchio are the obvious ones to go first. Then possibly Lafferty. Correct me if I am wrong but Loza wouldn''t count towards the 25 next season due to his age - so there is no point shifting him on just yet. Another season involving loans you would think.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]What do you propose $hitster? Enlighten me.[/quote]Enlighten you? You''re asking the impossible. It''d go straight over your head anyway.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Suggest Neil and spend the money on Big Sam if we want to stay up.[/quote]???

Hoolahan, Whittaker, Becchio, E Bennett & Lafferty outski.

And Martin''s ability in the Premier has to be questioned.

Why is that a cop out?Hasn''t he actually answered the question posed by the thread?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Why is that a cop out?Hasn''t he actually answered the question posed by the thread?[/quote]Yes. But you haven''t......Well?

[/quote]Fuck off fella, get your attention elsewhere.

No he hasn''t answered. It''s all very well calling people a tw@t and saying that they post drivel, but at least give a reason for why they are talking drivel. Lets not forget, this is a man with a brain of a 3 year old, well judging by his football and political posts. The latest point being ''play 3 at the back with Miquel in the team.'' Comedy gold.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]No he hasn''t answered. It''s all very well calling people a tw@t and saying that they post drivel, but at least give a reason for why they are talking drivel. Lets not forget, this is a man with a brain of a 3 year old, well judging by his football and political posts. The latest point being ''play 3 at the back with Miquel in the team.'' Comedy gold.[/quote]Right, errr, I thought the question was mainly "Who should we get shot of if we go up" and I thought he answered that.My mistake.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Why is that a cop out?Hasn''t he actually answered the question posed by the thread?[/quote]Yes. But you haven''t......Well?[/quote]Fuck off fella, get your attention elsewhere.[/quote]

No attention needed.  Would just prefer to see you give us a footballing opinion rather than playing games goading other posters. I''m sure Shyster is quite capable of looking after himself.