Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

Lansbury

How was Lansbury today? I''ve always thought he''s a good player that poses a threat in the oppositions penalty box. Would he be good enough for our squad or are our players much better than him. For me Andreu doesn''t look good enough for this level yet.

He''s a good player and he did alright today.

But when he was here he wasn''t good enough to cement a place in the team and that would still be the case now.

Andreu didnt even make the bench yesterday. A bizarre signing i thought at the time. Hardly featured and now Vadis and O''Neil are back and E.Bennett nearly back i would be suprised to see him feature anymore.

Had a nice little round of applause from the City fans when his name was announced. Not very visible during the game, probably because of our dominance in mid field.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Andreu didnt even make the bench yesterday. A bizarre signing i thought at the time. Hardly featured and now Vadis and O''Neil are back and E.Bennett nearly back i would be surprised to see him feature anymore.[/quote]I think his signing was likely to be in part a way of ensuring he had at least one familiar face in the dressing room and someone he could use as a screening board to find out what the other players were thinking and what they were saying when Alex wasn''t around. May also help to get the rest of the squad on his side if he''s got a guy who admires / respects him in the dressing room and on the training ground too.Obviously not saying that was the sole reason for signing him I''m sure he thought that Tony could do a job for the club on the pitch as well but I''d imagine when you''ve walked into a job managing a group of 20+ strangers a familiar face could be quite valuable in the early stages.

Said to my Grandad during first half he kind of reminds me of Wes, in that he was attempting some pretty ambitious balls and when they came off, one long pass in particular they are very effective. But then just fades out when opposition find a way to block him off. So then Forrest just tried long balls to Antonio.

In a way I''d rather we signed Henri rather than Dorrans whatever league we''re in next season.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Said to my Grandad during first half he kind of reminds me of Wes, in that he was attempting some pretty ambitious balls and when they came off, one long pass in particular they are very effective. But then just fades out when opposition find a way to block him off. So then Forrest just tried long balls to Antonio.

In a way I''d rather we signed Henri rather than Dorrans whatever league we''re in next season.[/quote]

Simply don''t understand this, particularly the last sentence. Dorrans has been class for us. Other than Wes, no one better with the ball at their feet than Dorrans.