Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Wes for POTS

Is it too late or has everybody already voted for Johnson. If wes plays like that for the remaining games surely he should win it plus he''s coming to the end of his career, maybe one more year,

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Is it too late or has everybody already voted for Johnson. If wes plays like that for the remaining games surely he should win it plus he''s coming to the end of his career, maybe one more year,[/quote]I think Johnson has contributed more over the season, but these things are usually voted for by folks with very short memories, so wouldn''t surprise me if Wes got a lot of votes.

Johnson has to win it.

But Hooly has probably joined Olsson, Jerome, Tettey, Howson and maybe one or two others in the fight for the 2nd/3rd places.

But yeah since Neil came in Hoolahan has been fantastic, if we do go up it''ll be because he continues in the same vein. We''ve got such a strong midfield. Playing no wingers probably shouldn''t work but with Wes'' creativity and Howson/Johnson taking it in turns to add in a goal or two it just works. The Irish magic hasn''t disappeared!

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Is it too late or has everybody already voted for Johnson. If wes plays like that for the remaining games surely he should win it plus he''s coming to the end of his career, maybe one more year,[/quote]

It''s Johnson for me, too. I don''t argue Wes hasn''t put a shift in of late, though.

I really like Wes, and Jerome has done a lot for us too,...but POTS so far for me is Bradders...like most of you I think he''s contributed over the whole season!

Could be a close run thing by the end of the season, but Johnson is ahead atm imo.  It is a season where things have come together for him -  his age where he is reaching his peak as a player, the division we are in which has helped him and the managers this season that have encouraged him to get forwards and found him a place on the left where he can best express himself.  All in all a terrific season for him so far from him in all footballing aspects, to go along with his desire and effort which has always been there. 

Jerome and Wes are catching him up though....................not to mention Howson, Grabban and one or two others.....

Amazing turnaround when you consider most on here wouldn''t have include either of them in their starting line-ups for most of the season.Well done to everyone who could see more to Wes and Bradley''s game than just a few misplaced passes. [:)]

There''s no doubt Johnson really stepped up this year. Very consistent and therefore over the course of the season despite Jerome and Wes being up there too Johnson deserves it head and shoulders above the rest

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Johnson has to win it. But Hooly has probably joined Olsson, Jerome, Tettey, Howson and maybe one or two others in the fight for the 2nd/3rd places. But yeah since Neil came in Hoolahan has been fantastic, if we do go up it''ll be because he continues in the same vein. We''ve got such a strong midfield. Playing no wingers probably shouldn''t work but with Wes'' creativity and Howson/Johnson taking it in turns to add in a goal or two it just works. The Irish magic hasn''t disappeared![/quote]

Really think Olsson should be in with a shout of the top 3 places? Personally think he has been our most disappointing player this year on the back of a decent season last year.

For me it''s

1) Johnson

2) Tettey

3) Jerome

With Whittaker unfortunate to miss out

Jerome for me;   started later,   spell when injured then grabban preferred but has performed tirelessly and with class,  culminating with his finish on sat.    Hope he can beat 20 goals this season.

Near misses and only ones worthy of pushing him?

Wessi has been superb;  involved in 14 goals or assists in just 20 starts,  including 7 in his last 10 appearances (3 as a sub).  We miss him when not there.

Tettey - Like wes without him in the side we simply have no one who provides a defensive shield (see BJ & Whittaker v Brentford).   If only he had two good knees.  We are better with him

Johnson is having the season of his career,  rejuvenated playing as a left sided midfielder.

Honourable mentions for

Redmond has suffered in the new formation,  but before then was superb causing havoc and creating goals at will.

Ruddy - stunning at the start of the season before our defence took his confidence;  still making saves to keep us in the game far more frequently than the odd blunder.

None of our back 4 come close;   better since Seb back but too many poor performances and still too wobbly at the back.      

Olsson for player of the season? Ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah aha ha ha...

Yes he played a blinder at the weekend, but player of the season really?!!

This is a tough one for me as I love my Wes and never ever lost faith in him and could never understand why some fans said he was a luxury, I shall be voting for Bradley as feel that he deserves it this year by a small margin, hope Wes comes a close 2nd though [:)] and Jerome 3rd