Sign in to follow this  
Canary Brem

Sky Sports line up for Crewe

“Jason Jarrett is standing by for his first start if Charlton misses out while Peter Thorne could replace Marney, with Leon McKenzie playing wide on the right.”

From the Sky Sports preview of tomorrows match – and I thought these guys were the experts.

Leon on the right wing, that’s all most as bad as putting a defender in midfield…….on second thoughts maybe they are more in tune with Worthy after all.

Oh my god, its Jonson all over again

Surely it would be better to play Louis-Jean at right midfield and have Colin at right back. That didn''t look to bad against Inter!! Or even Huckerby at right midfield and Brennan left midfield!!??

actually, i play Leon Mckenzie on the right wing on my championship manager game.

And im in the semi-final of europe, dont question it.

i cant see why he cant do a great job out there, hes a creative nifty player, im not against the idea.

[quote]actually, i play Leon Mckenzie on the right wing on my championship manager game. And im in the semi-final of europe, dont question it. i cant see why he cant do a great job out there, hes a crea...[/quote]

I have to agree that Leon is a better right winger than thorne - but again it shows just how short of midfielders we really are...

In all honesty it has to be hendo doesnt it?

OTBC

[quote]I have to agree that Leon is a better right winger than thorne - but again it shows just how short of midfielders we really are... In all honesty it has to be hendo doesnt it? OTBC[/quote]

Not hendo please. I''d like to see MLJ in front of Colin if Marney is unable to play. They played well together aginst Inter and I''d like to see how Colin plays in competitive play. I''d rather try him out tonight against Crewe than against a harder team like Palace on Saturday...

[quote]Not hendo please. I''d like to see MLJ in front of Colin if Marney is unable to play. They played well together aginst Inter and I''d like to see how Colin plays in competitive play. I''d rather try him ...[/quote]

Agreed, MLJ before Hendo any day... he''s got pace, he''s got ability... the lads got everything...

Sorry, I turned into Alan Hansen for a moment there.... I''m okay now, I''ve taken my pills....

In my opinion I don''t think Ashton, Thorne would be a great partnership because they are both target men and neither of them have great pace so i agree with playing Colin and Louis-Jean together if Marney is out for todays game

Why are you talking about Thorne as a right winger? He replaced Marney who was playing right side midfield, but he didn''t play right wing. Where was he when Ashton hit the bar? Thank you.

Thorne wasn''t playing right wing. Never has, never will.

[quote]Why are you talking about Thorne as a right winger? He replaced Marney who was playing right side midfield, but he didn''t play right wing. Where was he when Ashton hit the bar? Thank you. Thorne wasn...[/quote]

right winger/right midfield - either way Thorne is neither of those things - he is a target man striker and should only be played as such....

OTBC 

[quote]right winger/right midfield - either way Thorne is neither of those things - he is a target man striker and should only be played as such.... OTBC[/quote]

BREAKING NEWS

Worthy to sign IWAN ROBERTS as a right winger

[quote]Why are you talking about Thorne as a right winger? He replaced Marney who was playing right side midfield, but he didn''t play right wing. Where was he when Ashton hit the bar? Thank you. Thorne wasn...[/quote]

We Would purely play two tall strikers up front and depend on them to lay the ball of for the winger, leg it into the box and wait for the cross. Simple as.

Thorne would not play right mid, but centre foward, as this topic is on, Mckenzie jcould play right midfield as he is the right material to do so.