Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Norfolk Cafu has his say on Alex Neil

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/russell-martin-believes-norwich-manager-alex-neil-has-the-look-of-a-future-scotland-b.121395206?

Not seen this posted elsewhere but was a really good read. So nice to have a proper manager again!

"I can see him as a future Scotland manager, for sure," said the

29-year-old centre-back. "I''m sure he will have aspirations to manage at

the highest level and he has all the attributes"So what is it to be Russ? Manage at the highest level or be the Scotland manager?Good read, cheers for posting[Y]

Short career - looking for Part Time job & semi retirement already ?

How old is AN - Dont think so

Load of tosh

Our poor excuse of a captain is a right butt licker. He licked Hughton, Adams and now Neil.

He should concentrate on being a decent leader not a crawler.

Poor excuse of a captain in my opinion. His performance at Huddersfield was particularly disappointing around the disallowed goal. Now Seb is back in the fold he should be captain

[quote user="The Phantom "]

Our poor excuse of a captain is a right butt licker. He licked Hughton, Adams and now Neil.

[/quote]so should he (or any player) go against the wishes of the manager, challenge him on everything, then come out in an interview and call him useless???because what else, in your opinion, should the captain do?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="The Phantom "]

[/quote]

so should he (or any player) go against the wishes of the manager, challenge him on everything, then come out in an interview and call him useless???

because what else, in your opinion, should the captain do?
[/quote]

He doesnt have to say anything I dont suppose anyone held a gun to his head forcing him to do the interview!!!!

[quote user="The Phantom "][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="The Phantom "]

[/quote]so should he (or any player) go against the wishes of the manager, challenge him on everything, then come out in an interview and call him useless???because what else, in your opinion, should the captain do?[/quote]

He doesnt have to say anything I dont suppose anyone held a gun to his head forcing him to do the interview!!!!

[/quote]not literally... "Russ, there''s a journalist looking for an interview.. as you are club captain you are doing it... answer his questions and then get back out on the training ground".... if your company told you to do something, chances are you''d do it...lets stop trying to make something out of nothing now

Phantom,

It might just be that he respects the role of the manager, whoever it is; they are the manager after all. It may be he respects the position of captain and all that entails, it may be he respects himself. It may be that when asked to give an interview he is under contractual obligation to do so. It may be that he really rates Alex Neil. It may be that he’s a thorough professional. It may be he has the respect of the rest of the team who look to him to take on the role of giving interviews. It may be, as has happened in the past, that he has stood in for another player who couldn’t handle the pressure of the interview, coming out for Snodgrass after the defeat to Luton comes to mind, it may be he is a very well read and eloquent individual, which he is, it may be he has the interests of the club at heart, or it may be a combination of some or all of the aforementioned. Or as you say it may be he is licking and had a gun held to his head!!

My feelings are it’s not the last two.

[quote user="The Phantom "]

Poor excuse of a captain in my opinion. His performance at Huddersfield was particularly disappointing around the disallowed goal. Now Seb is back in the fold he should be captain

[/quote]Yeah, because that worked really well last time, didn''t it? Obvious troll...

Nothing said on here convinces me that he is captain material. Sorry but i just dont see it.

Grant Holt was a good player but a great leader. If the butt licker was half the Captain Holty was we would have stormed this league a long time ago,

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="The Phantom "]

[/quote]Yeah, because that worked really well last time, didn''t it? Obvious troll...[/quote]Waveney.....a troll?.....surely not. [:O]Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / Cheap Cheap Canaries / What Crisis? / Fluffy Bunny / Mankey Monkey / Tufty Squirrel / Even Keel  / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / john thaw / John tree / Canary buffet / The beautiful south / Festive Canary / Canary Island / River End Canary / Lowestoft Canary / Hopeful Canary / dauphinoise Potatoes / The Phantom

There are many ways of being a captain and getting in the face of the ref (and others) may be one of them, doesn''t mean it''s the best way. RM was the players preference that I can tell you.

A good leader doesn''t have to shout and scream, a good leader can lead by example. How would you feel if your ''boss'' shouted and screamed at you.

When Holty was captain RM was vice captain, Holty may have run around a lot up front, looking for the ball, and I''m glad he did, but you don''t want a CB running all over the place, he needs to hold his position, so if a captain is judged by how much running about he does then Holty wins hands down, but it proves nothing. I think we may also be surprised by how much of the leadership role RM took whilst Holty was captain, yes great for 90 minutes but being captain is a 24/7, 7 days per week job.

RM is the ultimate professional and always puts in a 100% shift. Whatever you think of his playing ability I''d be very surprised if there were many who didn''t agree.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="The Phantom "]

[/quote]Yeah, because that worked really well last time, didn''t it? Obvious troll...[/quote]Waveney.....a troll?.....surely not. [:O]Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / Cheap Cheap Canaries / What Crisis? / Fluffy Bunny / Mankey Monkey / Tufty Squirrel / Even Keel  / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / john thaw / John tree / Canary buffet / The beautiful south / Festive Canary / Canary Island / River End Canary / Lowestoft Canary / Hopeful Canary / dauphinoise Potatoes / The Phantom[/quote]You missed Mervyn Corn...