Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Forest

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I actually alternate[/quote]''Twixt stupid and stupid... Yes, we know.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 22/03/2015 9:33 PM:

"that is quite an assumption....

...I actually alternate "

In an Eddie Izzard sort of way? 😄

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Great report, although it understates the beauty of Jerome''s sublime goal - a definite "goal of the season" contender.[/quote]It was as cool a finish as you will ever see, one of many terrific goals seen this season from quite a few players and the kind of unexpected finish that took everyone by surprise.  Not seen a goal from one of our players of such unexpectedness and coolness since Grant Holt''s swivel and goal at Everton.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Great report, although it understates the beauty of Jerome''s sublime goal - a definite "goal of the season" contender.[/quote]A valid criticism, but my excuse is that I sit at the River End of the pitch so was too far away to appreciate the finer points and wrote the report before I saw a replay of the goal on Twitter. It was indeed a superb touch.One of the disadvantages of trying to get the report up quickly is that sometimes I get things in the wrong order or the wrong player etc etc.

Your view of the Barclay End is better than mine from the Blankets Rickyyyyyy. I only knew it was a sublime goal because a Barclay boy texted me and said "wait til you see it"! I wasn''t even sure who scored. But, when we have a corner at my end I can tell you everything about how it was taken ;)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Your view of the Barclay End is better than mine from the Blankets Rickyyyyyy. I only knew it was a sublime goal because a Barclay boy texted me and said "wait til you see it"! I wasn''t even sure who scored. But, when we have a corner at my end I can tell you everything about how it was taken ;)[/quote]

Agree Nutty. As you know I was in the '' blankets '' for the Derby game but in a better position for our goal as I was Barclay side of the halfway line.

Problem was a ball boy had plonked himself right in front of our view of the net so other than seeing the ball whipped in from the left wing I had no idea what happened.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Budapest Canary"]Great report, although it understates the beauty of Jerome''s sublime goal - a definite "goal of the season" contender.[/quote]A valid criticism, but my excuse is that I sit at the River End of the pitch so was too far away to appreciate the finer points and wrote the report before I saw a replay of the goal on Twitter. It was indeed a superb touch.One of the disadvantages of trying to get the report up quickly is that sometimes I get things in the wrong order or the wrong player etc etc.[/quote]

I fully understand your perspective. When I first saw the highlights I hardly believed my eyes. (Perhaps some screens at CR apart form the ones outside the loos would help...) This is a goal one must re-view a couple of times to appreciate it in full - with Olson''s great run down the wing (cf. Huckerby), Jerome''s sublime touch and "celebration" - or rather the lack of it - as if suggesting the pointlessness of putting more effort into the celebration than into scoring. The face of the Forest defender also speaks volumes...

I was happy we managed to keep putting pressure on Forest in the 1st half and getting the balls in and bassong for taking his time to play the ball forward for the 1st goal. Important goal and Forest were a lot easier to play after that.