Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Forest

A cool grey afternoon at Carrow Road with fine drizzly rain sweeping across from behind the main stand greeted the the Canaries as they ran out with just one change from Tuesday nights draw at Huddersfield. With Tetty replacing Redmond it looked like a very strong base with which to combat a Forest side that has been in good form of late.City began attacking the River End and were soon in the ascendant. Johnson was felled in the box and then Olsson took a sharp hand to the face but despite City''s appeals, Mr Linnington seemed to find nothing amiss. City were looking very lively with the evergreen Hoolahan involved at the heart of some nice moves that Forest defended at the expense of a string of corners. Unfortunately Wes couldn''t find a decent delivery and most failed to beat the first man at the near post.Howson and Hoolahan combined well down the right wing but the cut back from the bye line was deflected behind Jerome and Forest smuggled the ball clear. The Howson swung over another beauty but this time Jerome stubbed the ball into the ground and it flew just over the angle. Despite the constant pressure City still hadn''t fashioned anything to trouble the Forest keeper so it was disturbing that when Forest finally got some forward momentum they almost opened the scoring. A neat ball into the area put Antonio clear on goal and only the speed of Ruddy off his line to block prevented an undeserved  opener. Minutes later they had another chance when they broke down the left and a shot came in that Ruddy could only parry before catching at the second attempt.City were soon back on the front foot and Howson was a shade unlucky when his glancing header from Whittakers cross flashed a yard wide with the keeper beaten. Then with halftime on the horizon the same player was denied as City eventually got a shot on target. Howsons powerful low drive from 25 yards looked goal bound until Darlow dived to push it away for a corner. Wes at last found his range but the keeper was there with a strong fist as Johnson and Jerome challenged.With a minute added time signalled, City worked the ball forward from a goalkick and as the Forest defence backed off, Wes neatly found Howson in the box on the left. He held off two defenders brilliantly and despatched a low shot past the keeper at the near post to give City the lead that their play had fully deserved.City continued to bomb forward as the second half opened and it wasn''t long before Bassong set Olsson bounding clear on the left. A low hard cross was neatly back heeled into the far corner for number two. We hardly had time to celebrate before Olsson was again galloping into the box only to be felled for a clear penalty. Wes stepped up and added number three which just about put the game to bed when he beat the keeper with a thumping shot.This was the cue to a superb passage of play in which City made and missed several good chances. Jerome was only just offside as a sweeping move put him in the clear to net easily. Then Wes combined well with Whits and Dorrans before weaving across the box and sending a low shot inches wide of the post. City were comfortably in control and we were now thinking of how many but as usual we were brought up short with 15 minutes left when Patterson was allowed too much time and space to get a shot in. Ruddy could only parry and needless to say the ball fell to a red shirt and was easily netted.Wes and Johno (who had taken a knock) then departed as Redmond and O''Neil came on to shore things up. It got a bit nervous a couple of times, firstly when Antonio''s shot flashed across goal and then in time added when the ball was in the City net only to be ruled out for a foul. City held on well enough but they still seem to get punished severely for every little mistake.Wes is my MOM today for another mercurial display but again high praise to Whittaker who had one of his best ever outings in a City shirt. So seven games to go and my target of 85/86 points looking ever more likely to be enough.[:D]

Got a bit bored with all that. A bit verbose. Take a tip, it needs to be more punchy. Great game,we won. Des Walker''s kid runs funny and is useless. Something like should do.

Cheers Ricardo. Shame we lost a bit of concentration for their goal, but three points against an in-form side is great going.

Yes thank you Ricardo, I felt the match more through your report than the Pink-un report. I feel there are more twists and turns to go as we see things settled on the last day of the season.......

[quote user="Mervyn Corn"]Got a bit bored with all that. A bit verbose. Take a tip, it needs to be more punchy. Great game,we won. Des Walker''s kid runs funny and is useless. Something like should do.[/quote]

Yeah, take the tip Ricardo ... Maybe after writing a few more reports you will be up to scratch! Keep practising!

SUPERB report as always ... This is the first thing I search for after the final whistle - whether I''ve seen the match or not.

Great report again, ricardo - always a breath of fresh air in this land of miggins''s & LDC''s.

Just a bit of constructive criticism. They''re fomulaiic, samey of you will. The prose is achingly poor. "What I did in my summer holidays" by Richard, age 9.

Must try harder

I went to the football and it was raining sand we played Ok and then we scored and then it was half time and then we played well again and then Forest played well for a little while and then we scored two goals and then we were on top and should have scored noted and then Forest scored and it was more nervy than it should have been and then the ref blew his whistle and then we all clapped and then I realised I''d wet myself

Excellent report as always.

Seldom do I disagree with Ricardo''s parlous prose.

Don''t listen to the critics you''re one of the bright spots on this forum.

Quality post Mervyn! Never has a Binner been able to string so many sentences together in one post before now! Legend, true legend!

The way I see it when they''re trolling Rickyyyy they''re leaving the rest of us alone. Just another reason to be thankful for the old duffer....

Shyster wrote the following post at 21/03/2015 8:45 PM:Great report again, ricardo - always a breath of fresh air in this land of miggins''s & LDC''s.

-------------------------------

Were you at the game $hitster or were you at a BNP convention today?

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Quality post Mervyn! Never has a Binner been able to string so many sentences together in one post before now! Legend, true legend![/quote]

If you go back and read it RM, I think you will find that there is only one sentence, but many words.

You need to watch those streams a bit closer Plastic Boy. Those of us who made the long trek to the John Smith''s know Hooper started, that he was useless and was relaxed by the even worse Pepe le Peu.

Having read my post above a can see it could be easily misunderstood. Ricardo''s first paragraph said "the Canaries as they ran out with just one change from Tuesday nights draw at Huddersfield." I was making the point that Hooper was also a change, thankfully.

There weren''t any streams for Tuesday''s game Melvyn, a true fan would have known that-pathetic plastic plank.

Really? I''d say that true fans were at the John Smith''s Stadium. With me. No idea about streams, I don''t watch ''em. I prefer to go to games. An in-depth knowledge of streams is more for your plastic types.

[quote user="Yarmy Charlie"]Hooper was also missing from Tuesday night''s starting 11, thankfully.[/quote]Well spotted, it was a mistake on my part.[Y]

Enjoyed your report again Ricardo. Thanks.

Agree with you that our corner taking is pretty poor. I think we had ten in the first half but only the last three caused Forest any problem.

Oh, and I''d take issue with your '' cool '' description.....it was b*oody freezing !!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Enjoyed your report again Ricardo. Thanks.

Agree with you that our corner taking is pretty poor. I think we had ten in the first half but only the last three caused Forest any problem.

Oh, and I''d take issue with your '' cool '' description.....it was b*oody freezing !![/quote]M&S long thermals always do the trick for me.Although Mrs Ricardo''s refilling of my  minature bottle of Jamesons also has a positive effect.[:D]for medicinal purposes only, of course.

"M&S long thermals always do the trick for me."

Try a pair of ladies tights when the weather warms a little, quite a nice feeling, till you need a wee of course, so I''m told!

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]"M&S long thermals always do the trick for me."

Try a pair of ladies tights when the weather warms a little, quite a nice feeling, till you need a wee of course, so I''m told![/quote]Who told you that? Miggins?