Sign in to follow this  
Hcuk

Ball Possession

Just been watching the match highlights, and looking at the stats for the game on Canaries world it says that we had 37% possession in that match!

That is appalling and even more so as we were at home!!!!!!!!!! i don''t think that there was more than a couple of minutes at a time when we had control of the ball and our passing never got going at all. Worthy said he thought the first half our passing was good, but i think he was wrong.

I thought Hughes was ok in the first half, he seemed to tidy up when we inevitably lost the ball but Charlie is nowhere near a midfielder. I''m sure Jarrett had more than 4 mins playing time in him. We seem to have the same problems as last year, no midfield to cover the defence.

Hope (praying) we do better against Crewe tomorrow night.

Chris

[quote]Just been watching the match highlights, and looking at the stats for the game on Canaries world it says that we had 37% possession in that match! That is appalling and even more so as we were at hom...[/quote]

Jarrett played 45 mins against Inter and should have been fitter on saturday than he was then after his weekend of training when the other lads had time off so giving him 4 minutes seemed pointless. It wasn''t enough time to change the game or even give him more match fitness!

I disagree when you say charlie is nowhere near a midfielder. Watching the Inter and Coventry matches, I thought he was one of our best players in both. He uses the wingers more the most other players, rather than booting it upfield hoping Deano will flick it on. Have you noticed most of our goals are created by the wide men!!

[quote]I disagree when you say charlie is nowhere near a midfielder. Watching the Inter and Coventry matches, I thought he was one of our best players in both. He uses the wingers more the most other players...[/quote]

Thats the idea, we have a tall striker who is more than capable of scoring headed goals, so we might aswell use that tactic

When we have players like Huckerby and Marney who can deliver pin-point crosses, its worth using this tactic, and also getting midfielders to follow up.

Thats another thing that annoyed me on saturday, there was never anyone there after a corner/freekick/cross to mop up the lose ball and/or have a short from it. Only once did this happen, when huckerby picked up the ball, laying it off to marney when we scores the goal.

I think thats proves something!