nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 33

Lots

to get through this week so here goes…

Greetings PUPs

and welcome to week thirty three of our Rays Funds season. This week I’m well

chuffed to introduce another of our original PUPs with The Great Drinkell in

charge and selecting the final six. Drinks has always offered a value selection

on these threads so some weeks he’s below the 50% when I compile the table.

But, thanks to Parma’s great idea of the profit/loss column I can tell you that

although TGD is 47% correct selections he would have made +£1.48 if he’d put £1

on each of his 32 selections this season. TGD already won us £30 this season

when he predicted Russell Martin would score goal of the season against

Brighton in the match bet. So let’s TGD make it two wins for the season by giving

our very best selection from games played on Sat/Sun/Mon this weekend and

listed on the William Hill or Bet 365 web sites.

For the Norwich match bet this

week we welcome Dundee who joined the message board around the same time Alex

Neil joined our beloved club. He immediately took an interest in Rays Funds and

sent a £20 donation to our funds for the CSF. He then doubled up Kev’s final

six last weekend so is responsible for over £50 of Saturday’s £881 presentation.

Great to have you here Dundee, remember you have £6 to spend so you can choose

up to six selections either from the PUPs suggestions or those of your own. If

you’re unsure of anything just ask buddy.

The £79 Kev won for us last week took the total so far the season to £881

and that’s what will be presented on the pitch at half-time on Saturday when

the DS team parade on the pitch to mark community and disability week. Making the

presentation we have Kev, Ian, Mandie and

Graham. These four will be

representing all us PUPs both in the stadium and from wherever you are all over

the world. Ray would be proud of them and us all just as I am.

The DS team will be playing at Carrow Park between 12:30 and 2pm on

Saturday. If you can make it for even part of that I’m sure you’ll enjoy seeing

them and be glad you came. At around 2pm we can have photos taken with the DS

players for the CSF web site. Although we are limited to four PUPs on the

Carrow Road pitch there’s no limit to how many we have for this. Please try and

make it.

I’ve sorted the final six rota out for the rest of the season.

Provisionally we have : -

April  4th – Norfolkbroadslim

April 11th – City-til-I-die

April 18th – Yankee

April 25th – Gingerpele

May  2nd – DDD

May  9th – Feedthewolf

And for the Norwich match bet : -

April  6th - Maccy’s Back

April 11th – The Butler

Now I’ll hand this week’s thread over to The Great Drinkell and Dundee.

Remember there’s no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to

help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money

for the Community Sports Foundation.

Good luck all

you PUPs... Take it away Paul and Steven ... the thread is yours.......[:)]........

As always I

leave you with Ray’s signature which now reads :-

Carve their

names with pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,4,

Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,2,

Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,2, Cosmic Twin,3, Graham Humphrey,

Leedscanary,3, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup,

Statto, Mandie Moo,2, Mr Bump, Kathy,2, Til1010, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC,

Hughesy, Gregt, GMF,2, SwindonCanary, Twidio, Hector Brockelbank, yes

Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy, and £861 for the Community Sports

Foundation.

And with the

Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb, Javier’s Deaf Translator, Hector Brockelbank,

Blahblahblah,2, Can u sit down please, Til1010, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat,

Crabbycanary, Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy, Bor Bor Bor, Mr Apples,

Woostercanary, City-til-I-die, The Great Drinkell, nutty,2, Feedthewolf, Lappinitup,

NWC, Wes Hooly Fan, yes PUPs £369 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with a

Monday Night Special bet. Woostercanary, £36 for the Community Sports

Foundation.

And with £265

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges we now have a total of £3490. since we

began of which £881 has been raised this

season.

http://communitysportsfoundation.org.uk/

To the Czech Republic this week with

Viktoria Plzen (top 8-0-0 22-3 at home) vs Slovan Liberec (bottom 1-4-5 12-18 away) - Home Win

And for the match bet, how about Norwich win and both teams to score.

Best of luck Drinks and Dundee, and all you PUPs.

And to Nutty, many thanks for the opportunity to represent the PUPs with the presentation on Saturday. It really will be an honour.

Got to agree with Hissing Sid, odds of 2/5 for Viktoria Plzen seem to good to be true-home win.

Good luck to all PUPs and especially The Great Drinkell.

A very good evening to you Nutty and wishing very good luck to The Great Drinkell and Dundee whoever he may be not forgetting of course all you other lovely PUPs out there.

Off to Germany and a HOME WIN please for BAYERN MUNICH v Borussia Mochengladbach.

For the Norwich bet Russell Martin must be well overdue a goal and at odds of 12/1 to score anytime must be worth a punt.

Buonasera tutti,

In Bocca Al Lupo il grande Drinkell ed Il scozzese dal Dundee...

Facciamo cosi: Dinamo Zagreb vs Istra 1961

Per il Norwich, ma chissa''? Direi minimo 3 gol...sai che credo che faranno qualcosa impressionante...quindi:

Norwich 3 - 0 Forest

Parma

Nota Bene: scommettere sull''Inter e'' una vergogna...

Hello everybody. Before I choose my picks for the week, I just wanted to say thank you to Nigel for trying to squeeze me in before the end of the season for the final six - I have been excited for some time about getting the opportunity to try to win some more money for the PUPs. However, I''m desperately disappointed to report that I''m out of the country at a work event on the weekend of May 8, and something as important as picking the ''super six'' demands everybody''s full attention. If another opportunity arises then I would be delighted, but otherwise I will comfort myself in the knowledge that I''m likely to get quite an early pick next season given my position in the table!So anyway, on to my pick for this weekend. I know that Tilly will keep picking bankers (and who can blame him?), so I''ve given up trying to catch him and will try to improve my profitability rating in the closing weeks of that season. To that end, odds of 11/20 look very good value for table-topping Olympique Lyonnais to win at home to Nice, who sit five points outside the drop zone but are second from bottom of the form table, with only two points from their last six matches. Lacazette is a top striker, who I believe will be with a bigger club next season, and he should have the firepower to propel OL to the victory they need to maintain the gap over Marseille and PSG. Good luck Drinkell, may the football gods smile on you this weekend!For the Norwich bet, a really tough one to predict. Although the odds enhancement isn''t as great as it has been in other home matches, 13/5 on Norwich to win and both teams to score still looks a decent shout when compared against odds of 3/4 on the home win. If our new (and very generous) friend Dundee is looking for something a little more speculative, how''s about Bradley Johnson to score first in a 2-1 win at 50/1? Good luck buddy, and welcome aboard!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]We''ll still fit you in FTW. If all the other weekends are OK I''m sure a good hearted PUP will swap with you.[/quote]Thanks Eddie - no worries if not. The previous weekend I''m in Wales on a stag do (missing the Fulham game, grrrrr!), so that might require a bit of luck getting a wi-fi signal in the wilderness. Any weekend in April should be fine, but I really don''t mind waiting until next season if necessary.

Thanks Ben. Just a shame your date is no good. Don''t worry FTW I''m sure April will happen even if we have to work it three ways.

Staying in England for me, and I''m backing our (for a short time) ex player Harry Kane to find the net again and for Spurs to overcome Leicester. as for the Norwich bet, Wes Hoolahan to score again, making good on his statement that he wwants more goals for himself.Good luck to TGD and Dundee, as well as the rest of the PuPs

for the Norwich v Nottingham forest bet I will put £3 on correct score Norwich 3 - 2 forest at 25/1. at William hill ..and £3 on Jerome to score first and Norwich win at 11/2 . thanks for chance to pick ..and for the other bet I will go for Dundee v Aberdeen draw 10/3 ... good luck 😁

Not often that i pick from the english leagues, but this week my pick is Manchester City to beat West Brom.

Also fancy a bit of revenge for what happened at the city ground, so how about forest ht/city ft for the match bet?

Best of luck as always, pups...

Jb

The German 3. Liga.Holstein Kiel to win at home against Jahn Regensburg.Holstein Kiel, in second but by no means assured of promotion, with an 8-4-2 and 18/7 home record.Jahn Regensburg, rock bottom, and with a 1-1-13 and 11/37 away record.The current odds are an attractive 1/2, probably reflecting Holstein Kiel''s so-so home record.Good luck to all!

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]I''m happy to swap[/quote]Sorry DDD, I somehow missed this last night. Many thanks for the offer, sorry I can''t take you up on it.

Hi all, I''ll go to Russia this week with Rubin Kazan V FC Rostov (Rubin Kazan home win).

For the match bet I''ll go for Bassong to score, anytime [:D]

Good luck PUPs and all the best!

Apples

Morning Everyone

MMMK - Cesena -v- ROMA AWAY WIN

MM - LYON -v- Nice HOME WIN

Really looking forward to getting onto the pitch at half-time for the presentation and thanks to Eddie for asking me - I''m really chuffed!! Hope to see some of you at Carrow Park before the match.

Good Luck Drinks, Dundee and all our PUPs

Russia for me please. Arsenal Tula v CSKA Moscow away win. For City''s match I can see us reversing the score at the City Ground. Norwich to win 2-1 and Jerome to score. Good luck all.

Firstly may I thanks NN for the lovely introduction, with a bit of poetic license this man can make a poor season seem not to bad! Oh and I''d almost forgotten RM screamer :-) also I''d like to thank NN for all the hard work he puts into the PUPs.

I would also like to send my belated congratulations to Kevin (Leeds Canary) for last weeks win and thanks for adding pressure!

I will be having a good look at the selection at regular intervals and hope to post the final 6 on Friday night about 9ish if that''s okay NN.

So please keep them coming.

And for our new found friend Dundee I would like to suggest a 3-2 Norwich win, so hold on to your hats!

Apologies for my absence its been a crazy busy fortnight. In fact I''d say it''s been cheltmental!

Bayern Munich look absolute bankers this week so I''ll go with them for a home win.

I think Alex Neil will want us to start on the front foot so how about 1st norwich goal before 25 mins.

All the best everybody

My pick this week is Blackpool v LEEDS away win please. Leeds have good form recently away from home. Good luck everyone

Thank you very much Nutty for putting me forward for the final six! Very much looking forward to the chance to add to the amount raised, which is looking just fantastic! Great job everyone involved.

This week I just can''t look past Barcelona, okay they are playing Madrid, but they are at home and have just overtaken them at top of the table after trailing for a while. A win here will put them well and truly in control of the title race, which I expect them to win. So Barca to thrash Madrid and it''s not bad odds at 4/6..

Barcelona vs Real Madrid- home win.

And for the Norwich bet, just because the last three home games i''ve been to we''ve managed to not win (and i''m going this week), Forrest half time/full time draw at 16/1 for a pessimistic shout.

Good luck :)

I''ll stay in the Championship and go for Brentford to beat Millwall this week.

Good Luck to Great Drinkell and Dundee, hope its a great week for you both and us Pups.

Nutty - I''m aiming to join you on Sat to watch the DS team at Carrow Park should be there at 1pm if my train is on time so will come and find you then.

Enjoy the game on Sat everyone.

Simples this week..

MK Dons home win please.

Good luck to Drinks and one and all.

Looking to extend my hot streak of one successful pick in a row, I''m nipping into the Conference and opting for third-placed Macclesfield to beat 23rd-placed Nuneaton.Good luck TGD and all PUPs.  Also good luck to my fellow PUPs who are presenting the cheque on Saturday along with myself.  I''m massively looking forward to stepping onto the hallowed turf and handing over this impressive sum of money to the CSF.  Many thanks for the opportunity Eddie.

Championship this week where a resurgent Leeds visit basket case club Blackpool.Blackpool v Leeds.......Away win.For the Norwich bet.......City to win and Redmond to score.Good luck Drinks and Dundee.

Spain this week

Atletico Madrid to win at home vs Getafe

For the NCFC bet, sticking with Bassong to score.

Good luck all, especially The Great Drinkell and Dundee