Sign in to follow this  
pete

Vadis very right footed unfortunately

I was hoping Vadis might be able to slot into the left midfield role in case Jonno''s injury is worse than feared or in the case of suspension. So I looked for a video of vadis on you tube and found the attached. Vadis is right footed but looks to be very good and will be excellent when fit. Hope he gets to show how good he is in the next 7 games. Competition for the recent ineffective Redmond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6n3cEGshZw

Perhaps Redmond may be better on the left he scored against Saints when played there last season. Hope Jonno plats for the rest of the season though however unlikely.

pete wrote the following post at 24/03/2015 3:02 AM:

I was hoping Vadis might be able to slot into the left midfield role in case Jonno''s injury is worse than feared or in the case of suspension. So I looked for a video of vadis on you tube and found the attached. Vadis is right footed but looks to be very good and will be excellent when fit

Pete key word there - when FIT

2016 or 2017 = what do you think - I suggest it will be the latter

"Vadis very right footed unfortunately"

You say very right footed, but at least four of the goals scored by him on the footage were scored with his left foot, so he is not as one footed as all that.   Any footballer who is confident enough to score with his wrong foot even occasionally is worth extra.  Time after time you see  strikers try to take on a ball with their favoured foot, when in a particular situation they should take it on with the other.  Having the confidence to hit through a ball with your weaker foot is a real bonus in a player.

[quote user="Newton"]

pete wrote the following post at 24/03/2015 3:02 AM:

I was hoping Vadis might be able to slot into the left midfield role in case Jonno''s injury is worse than feared or in the case of suspension. So I looked for a video of vadis on you tube and found the attached. Vadis is right footed but looks to be very good and will be excellent when fit

Pete key word there - when FIT

2016 or 2017 = what do you think - I suggest it will be the latter

[/quote]I blame Delia.

Redmond''s very right footed, yet he played all of last season on the left. It''s obviously better defensively if you invert the wingers as well. (which is of course why Hughton did it)

Doesn''t matter what time of day I come to this site, you''re posting miggins.

You don''t work do you...

Explains your politics, or rather lack of''em.

Well if you''re interested Shyster, I''m at work and not at work. The time is my own, such is the life of being self employed. I could say the same to you, but I don''t like to be too personal. I do like to chip in on the forum as I go through the day, I must admit.

Yep, pretending to be a woman on an Internet football forum day and night... I bet you''re self employed alright.

How much for a hand job? Asking for a friend.

I wonder whether Redmond might be worth another try on the left. His crossing isn''t brilliant, so cutting inside might give us a different attacking dimension. Main trouble, though, is that his shooting was absolutely terrible doing that last season - either dragging shots wide of the near post or blazing them high and wide of the far post. I hope AN can bring out the best in him somehow, because his clear potential is in danger of being wasted after two seasons of inconsistent performances.I don''t mind the idea of us playing a narrower midfield - it''s clearly a big part of AN''s strategy to employ full-backs who are encouraged to bomb forward and overlap, and having Tettey holding to support two mobile centre-backs who can vacate the gaps that Whittaker and Olsson leave behind. I have no doubt that Vadis could play a little wider in midfield - Johnson has done remarkably well doing that on the left. Howson didn''t look too comfortable being asked to drift to the right against Derby, but interchangeable options in a five-man midfield are probably our strongest asset at the moment. Redmond is better off playing wide right as an impact sub against tiring legs, but I think he could also work on either side of a narrower midfield, or even through the middle, in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 formation. This does, of course, rely on Tettey being available, as there''s no other player in the squad who can genuinely play the midfield holding role with as much bite and work-rate as he can.Think I may have drifted a bit far from the topic here. It''s getting late...

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]what about dorrans?[/quote]Exactly.The sensible thing to do would be to play Dorrans on the left where he''s played numerous times before at other clubs and put Vadis in the middle to add energy and attacking impetus whilst Tettey handles the defensive side of things, with Howson buzzing round offering an outlet and solid passing.