Sign in to follow this  
UTB96

Middlesbrough fan in peace. Just a few questions.

Greetings all,

Looking forward to visiting Carrow road in a few weeks, just wanted to ask a few questions on here, some you may be able to answer, some of them you may not.

Which boozers do the away fans drink pre-match, and how far from the ground?

What time do the manager and players arrive, and where do they enter the stadium? The reason i ask this question is that Hamilton Academical are my second team, and i am good Friends with Alex Neil, Frankie McAvoy (Assistant Manager) and Tony Andreu, and have some catching up to do with them.

Thank you in advance.

The pub designated for away fans is the Complete Angler 2 mins from the train station and a 10 min walk to the stadium.
Here''s there website http://www.taylor-walker.co.uk/pub/compleat-angler-norwich/c0702/
I''m not sure what time the players arrive as I don''t get there too early myself but suspect if you get there about around 1:15pm, you ll see them, think they park near the main car park which is on the left  of the stadium but not sure,  but am confident someone else on here will know.
Enjoy your visit, we''re a friendly bunch [:)]

As cityangel said, we are indeed a friendly bunch, and I hope you enjoy your visit as much as is possible without taking any points back up to Teesside with you!I''ve always had a soft spot for Boro, one of my best mates is a Boro fan. I got him a ticket for the legendary 4-4 draw back in the 2004-5 season, and still remember the look on his face when Drury completed that remarkable comeback!It always surprises me to see the Riverside half empty when the north east is such a passionate footballing hotbed - just wondering why the gates are so low when Karanka has really got you playing well? I know he''s a student of Mourinho and makes a tight defence his first priority, but what''s the football like to watch these days? I know you took us apart earlier in the season, but in general is it quite dull to watch or has the technical level of the football improved under his stewardship?Any players we should look out for? Obviously Bamford is banging the goals in at the moment, but I think Leadbitter has contributed a fair few from midfieldFinally, how is Daniel Ayala performing for you? He always looked quite gifted technically when he was here, but he was very slow and prone to lapses in concentration.

[quote user="UTB96"]

What time do the manager and players arrive, and where do they enter the stadium?

The reason i ask this question is that Hamilton Academical are my second team, and i am good Friends with Alex Neil, Frankie McAvoy (Assistant Manager) and Tony Andreu, and have some catching up to do with them. Thank you in advance. [/quote]

If you''re good friends with them then why aren''t you asking them?

Ayala has been an absolute rock for us this season, and when he has been injured we really have struggled. How are you finding Alex Neil''s managerial style? It''s pretty much the same as what he did at accies, having watched you a few times on tv/FLS, and having attended a few hamilton games this season.

[quote user="UTB96"]Ayala has been an absolute rock for us this season, and when he has been injured we really have struggled. How are you finding Alex Neil''s managerial style? It''s pretty much the same as what he did at accies, having watched you a few times on tv/FLS, and having attended a few hamilton games this season.[/quote]He''s clearly a remarkably confident fella. The football has improved greatly, and is characterised by getting the full-backs forward and having mobile centre halves to cover them. He''s kept a settled back four wherever possible, which has been key, but isn''t afraid to shake up the attack and make surprising selections (which have, for the most part, worked very well). Considering he''s still working with what he inherited (plus Dorrans and Andreu, the latter having done very little of note anyway), the mood is very positive at the moment.Can Andreu bring anything at this level in your opinion? He was obviously key to what AN achieved at Hamilton, but in his limited pitch time at Carrow Road so far he has looked well out of his depth. I guess he''s used to being the ''go to'' guy in the team, rather than a peripheral figure.

As mentioned above the Compleat Angler is the away fans pub, it''s only a stone''s throw from the ground really, 10 minute walk max.

Not being funny mate, but is prior to a huge promotion game really the best possible time to "have a catch up"? Fairly confident Alex etc will be more interested in the game. If you''re as good mates with them as you seem to think, then why not catch up with them properly in the evening?

In my opinion, Andreu is about League One standard, it is a big step up from the SPL to the championship, i was surprised AN didn''t make a move for Eamonn Brophy, he''s the next big thing out of Hamilton''s much-Acclaimed youth academy, and scores for fun in the reserve leagues. In response to your previous question regarding our attendances, we never got a full house while we were in the prem, and a lot of fans "f**ked us off" when we got relegated, our attendance in the first season down was averaging 21-22k.

As for Aitor Karanka, i think he is the best manager we have had since Wally with the Brolly. He is young, ambitious and has the respect of his players, who know what he expects from them. The only thing that i fault him for is that he makes 4/5 unneccesary changes for one game. Sheffield Wed away being the best example. There''s one thing one does not simply do and that is change a winning team if you can help it.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I''m not normally superstitious, but having read the op''s first 2 posts I''m already thinking DundeeFc...........   [/quote]I thought the same.If he really is good friends he would be asking them when and where they will be arriving

Looks like somebody preparing the ground for a kidnap attempt.

AN could find himself back in Scotland quicker than he expects.😄

[quote user="yellow 63"]Should be ok if you get there 1-15pm for an evening kick off [/quote]
Forgot it was an evening game when I was trying to help the M''boro fan but as he didn''t reply to me he probably ignored my advice anyway[:$]

[quote user="DundeeFc"]middlesbrough supporting Hamilton accies fan ..he must have had a hard milk round[/quote]

Or it''s just you with another account being your usual boring d1ckheaded self.

Yawwwwwnnnn!!

Players get there just before 12:00 as they have lunch together at the ground. I would guess management is a bit earlier. They enter via the main reception in the jarrold stand.

Sorry Barndoor but there''s no way the players are at the ground at 12 for an 8 kick off, regardless of having lunch together.

I actually forgot about it being mid week therefore around 5. But if you want to be really pedantic it''s a 7:45 kick off.