Sign in to follow this  
daz

bournemouth gone for experience....

signing kenwyne jones from Cardiff......

http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/kenwyne-jones-afc-bournemouth-loan-2359925.aspx

Wouldn''t really give us anything we don''t already have in terms of attacking options - just a poor mans Cameron Jerome

Don''t underestimate K.Jones - Yes, Jerome is good, and maybe better in ''our eyes'', but that is one hell of a loan signing for Bournemouth, and I believe that''ll probably seal there deserved promotion.

Very shrewd signing, amazed cc fc let him go.

Its bodies and options we need, we will be lucky to bring in better than we have but as we know we are an injury away from disaster.

Good signing for them, although we don''t need him (unless Jerome gets injured). Had a fairly decent season in a poor Cardiff team. We need a pacey striker.

Is Jones such a good signing? Under what terms have Cardiff decided to release Jones on loan will he become Bournemouth signing permanently next season whatever league they are in? A fee will have been agreed and certainly no better than their current forwards, expensive if just to sit in bench.

Jones would not fit in City''s style we cannot get accurate crosses into the box for Jones to get on the end off. Certainly not as accomplished or adaptable as Jerome. Must keep Cameron fit to achieve promotion.

Steve Bruce said that Jones was the most difficult player to motivate he had ever had. So clearly he would not fit into AN plans. Thank goodness he did not come here, his scoring record is poor. Ability yes, attitude no,

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]good signing for Bournemouth, good finisher, comes across lazy, not as good as Jerome[/quote]

I wouldn''t class him as a good finisher. He has never been prolific, he is more of a Heskey type player who can be a bit of a handful but is never going to be a 20+ goals a season striker...

Thank goodness we don''t have to play them again this season (assuming that one or both of us get into the automatic places) as , while he may not be prolific, my impression is that he tends to score against us.

I can see him scoring in their next game on Good Friday live on Sky [:D]