Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Jones & Akpom =

both good strikers, one proven, another with potential. Are either better than what we have already? Probably not, but if Jerome or Hooper get injured or suspended, we don''t have anyone who you''d depend on, unless Grabban is coming back sooner than we think. I''d guess Akpom decided to go where he knew he''d get games - or Wenger asked for that to be a pre-requisite.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I highly doubt Norwich would boot out a Head of Recruitment on the strength of missing out on a loan signing.[/quote]

Beg to differ, Akpom was in Norwich on Saturday as our guest, when that happens a deal is normally 90% done, its just the final selling job to close the deal, i would also guess that he had little else to bring to the table, we know we and others were knocked back on Rhodes, so very much would be a big part of why would indeed boot him out.

Akpom may have been in Norwich, but it would have been Wenger''s decision where he goes on loan. Those negotiations are very different from a transfer where the player chooses once an offer is accepted.

Norwich announced he was leaving yesterday, which suggests the decision for him to leave was made at least a month ago. Norwich aren''t going to sack a member of the backroom and then announce it straight away. It is also unknown if he was actually sacked or he has resigned with another offer elsewhere.

Still an hour left guys!

I am not as fussed if Hooper is injured as we''d have Wes and Jerome then as a 1-1 but if Jerome is injured, I didn''t like the look of Wes and Hooper as the 1-1.

Loza looked alright as an option from the bench at Huddersfield even before his goal so maybe he''ll grow with a few more runouts.

Perhaps Andreu could be used as a striker as well if we are desperate, there''s always Becchio as well...

Wenger wanted him to get experience at Championship - the rest was very much down to the player - it''s up to him where ultimately he lives. He''s chosen to play regular first team football at a good level - he''s made the right call.

Not what I understand - Wenger is his manager and ultimately decides if he can go on loan, and effectively who to: he has to sanction the move. I don''t think he''d be at all happy with his player sitting on a bench (which he could do at arsenal), and that will be part of his thinking in oking a move to Forest.

Ha ha ha ha ha...

I love that a guy on a poxy tiny little message board like this genuinely think he has some sort of understanding/connection with Arsene Wenger... Too funny...

No one on here knows its all guess work.

Would that be the guy who told us that Wenger wanted him to get experience at Championship - or the rest was very

much down to the player - it''s up to him where ultimately he lives
andHe''s

chosen to play regular first team football at a good level - he''s made

the right call
.?and who claimed No one on here knows its all guess work.

apart from him.

For my part I very much doubt a youth team player would be telling the club where and what he is going - against what they thought best.

I never suggested I know Wenger/his thoughts, but do know several Arsenal supporters. They seem to think he controls these things quite closely and Arsenal, as his parent club, will have had a big say in what the player has done.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"] Akpom was in Norwich on Saturday as our guest,

[/quote]

Ever thought he may well have been the guest of our opponents who just happened to be Nottingham Forest ?

He was visiting Norwich to discuss joining Norwich, the 2 clubs had already agreed the financials, thats the way it works, good chance package was also agreed with more than 1 other, if the parent club don''t want to loan a player to a particular that will be discussed when agreeing the package.

I think Akpom has gone for where he would play more football so in my eyes no surprise. Unlikely he would have got much at Norwich in the remaining seven games.

As for Jones. Good luck to Bournemouth if they think he will replace the injured Wilson. He hasn''t exactly pulled up trees at Cardiff and I would have been less than happy if we had gone for him. He hasn''t got Wilson''s movement or pace and Bournemouth may suffer for that in the last few games.

I am more than happy with what we have and it seems AN is as well so that will do for me

Yep, Wilson reportedly injured. If your talking about Calum that is?

Akpom going to Forest is not bad for us. If he plays well hopefully he can influence them against rather than benefiting our rivals. If he''s carp, we''ve done well.

Playing only one up front we should be fine with Jerome and Hooper and understandably he''s gone elsewhere for more game time.

Not at all concerned to be honest, Akpom looks like he will become a great player; but he would only be on the bench here and I''d rather we develop our own potential youth star in Loza instead of developing Arsenal''s for them. Had we signed him, he''d not be a starter, but someone to sit on the bench and get the last 20 minutes of a game which Loza will now do.He''ll start for forest, hopefully score a few goals against our promotion rivals - better for him, for us, and for them.

[quote user="Clint"]Yep, Wilson reportedly injured. If your talking about Calum that is? Akpom going to Forest is not bad for us. If he plays well hopefully he can influence them against rather than benefiting our rivals. If he''s carp, we''ve done well. Playing only one up front we should be fine with Jerome and Hooper and understandably he''s gone elsewhere for more game time.[/quote]

^ Spot on the most sensible post on this thread.

I still have not given up hope of the Wolf coming back either

^Phantom stated

Spot on the most sensible post on this thread.

I still have not given up hope of the Wolf coming back either

Agreed with your first statement as for the Wolf have you had the misfortune to see him play.

Someone at NCFC should be shot for spenging 7 million on the most useless striker we have signed in years

I''ve never particularly liked Jones as a player - he never looked like scoring many goals wherever he has been - looks the part, but doesn''t deliver often enough at the highest level.   It will be interesting to see how he copes with the demands of the championship.  Hopefully, will struggle to score and help our cause in the process.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]He was visiting Norwich to discuss joining Norwich, the 2 clubs had already agreed the financials, thats the way it works, good chance package was also agreed with more than 1 other, if the parent club don''t want to loan a player to a particular that will be discussed when agreeing the package.[/quote]So you slag off someone else for suggesting they may know how Wenger works these things and then go on as if you have "inside" info on Norwich City and the inner workings of transfers etc.Next you''ll be saying you are a Norwich City scout and have applied for the newly vacated position . . . . Get a grip.

I''m just waiting for Newton to reappear and allege the reason we didnt get them was "we got no cash..."[;)]

Apples

[quote user="Bradley Johnsons left foot"]So far Jones has 13 in all competitions so that suggests he''s doing ok and will be a decent addition to their squad[/quote]That surprises me - he has 11 in 25 league games for Cardiff, which is reasonable, so maybe he will get one or two goals.  Doesn''t inspire me though.........he makes football look difficult, whereas someone of his physique and athleticism should be making it look easy.

I agree, always seen him as someone who has never really lived up to his potential. Has all the attributes but has never been able to hit the back of the net on a regular basis.

Will be interesting to see if he starts for them and if he does, how that will change their style of play. Next up for them is the scum so you''d think a big lump like Jones might come in handy for them!

[quote user="canarycop"]I think Akpom has gone for where he would play more football so in my eyes no surprise. Unlikely he would have got much at Norwich in the remaining seven games.

As for Jones. Good luck to Bournemouth if they think he will replace the injured Wilson.[/quote]Firstly - I don''t think it is clear cut. AN has been rotating players to manage injuries etc. Is Jerome 100% fit yet? Are his hamstrings still playing up a bit? Throw into that the fact that with 7 games to go Nottingham Forest are 10 points off 6th place. It''s possible they could make a late surge for the play-offs, but it''s unlikely. He may get more football, but he may also not get the chance to experience the high pressure games at the top end of the table, or even more high pressure of play-off games with the possibility of a final at Wembley.As for Jones - maybe Bournemouth will change their style to accomodate him, they needed to sign someone with experience really, someone who will settle quickly. I think it makes sense, he may not be Wilson, but they needed someone, and they could have done far worse. He wouldn''t suit what we need necessarily, but again, not the worse option.

It''ll be about football. Akpom will probably feel his future is at Arsenal so has picked a club where he will get game time. Forrest have a striker shortage, he plays as the main man, it makes more sense than comming to us. If he was on his way out of Arsenal permanently then the considerations might have different.