Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Metro: Akpom set to sign

Title says it all, but story is here:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/22/arsenal-striker-chuba-akpom-set-to-join-norwich-in-surprise-loan-transfer-5116099/

Imo a decent signing, others were after him; I certainly trust Wenger''s judgement on whether a player is decent.

Please explain how this is a decent signing in your opinion?

Wenger sending him out to give him possible game time while we pay a slice of his wages has f*ck all to do with good judgement.

Ah, of course you are right - I must have forgotten that I am not entitled to an opinion (if it is different to yours). And there''s also that "any signing we make = crap" rule. You''d have thought I''d know these things by now....

This signing is kicking Loza and three out on loan players/forwards straight in the teeth.

Those are the ''things'' you should know already.

Quite so LDC, Shyster clearly knows so much more than our manager and any number of other PL and Champs managers who have been after this guy. We should just wait for him to let us know what''s what before posting in future!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Shyster knows nothing.  If AN wants him, that''s good enough for me. 

[/quote]

Like you and others here really have a grasp on the inner machinations of this club and football in general.

My advice to you and others here is to think beyond the pale.

Glad people are calling $hitster out for the prick that he is. Agree with what ldc has said, if AN thinks he''s good enough then that''s all we need as fans. It may well be a flop in the end, or it may be that backup that we need, the fact is that we need another striker as we don''t have Lafferty (who said he wanted to go) and we don''t have Grabban.

Getting a striker in on loan is difficult, however if you look at young signings like Pacheco and De Laet, they were fantastic loan signings for us. Worth a punt i''d say; could be a flop, could be a helping hand, we''ll see. (if he does join).

I really don''t see how this would be a kick in the teeth for Loza or Morris. I reckon they''d both probably admit they''re not ready for regular first team football at this level. Giving a bit more time in the U21s or on loan is only going to benefit them

When Dortmund and Liverpool come calling for Murphy/Loza, and when they''ve been handed the biggest youth contract Arsenal/Wenger have EVER dished out, then they can feel slighted. Until then, they need to watch this kid like a hawk and see if they can pick anything up off him to develop their own game to elevate to that level.

I trust Alex Neil, and watching the ever reliable youtube videos, I can 100% see why we''d want him.

He has bags of pace, works hard, picks up the ball and runs at players. Goes past them with ease, he''s 6''0 (JM and Loza are 5''8 and 5''10), strong and has banged in goals at every level of England youth set up (Just under a goal every 2 games - Murph has 2 in 13 apps). The way he charges at defenders reminds me of Huckerby.

I''m not saying he''s a world-beater, he''s an unknown quantity but he is very highly rated by Wenger, Scouts from various top clubs and Arsenal fans. He''s been on fire for the reserves, and has scored shedloads. He''s another body, and a good addition to the squad imo.

There is an element of, who would you rather have? A highly rated Arsenal reserve. or a ''hardly touched the first team, Norwich reserve'' about this.

Just trust AN

Where''s this evidence that Akpom is a better player than the Murphy''s? I''m not talking about potential here either.

Akpom could turn out to be like Kane, but that would be of little use to us now, if he was only as effective as Kane when he was here. He could turn out to be like Koroma, but the same would still apply.

He may have some impact if he comes here. But then so has Josh in some games, and Loza did in the Blackburn game.

Ritchie De Laet would be a very bad example of a good loan signing

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]There is an element of, who would you rather have? A highly rated Arsenal reserve. or a ''hardly touched the first team, Norwich reserve'' about this.

Just trust AN[/quote]

No there isn''t. You''re trying to dress this up as something that it''s not.

Josh is also highly rated and has more first team experience than Akpom!

But carry on ''bigging up'' another teams player while understating one of our own youngsters, if for whatever reason, you feel the need to.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I certainly trust Wenger''s judgement on whether a player is decent.[/quote]And San Miguel, how''s he doing then?

Now I really rate Josh Murphy (I suspect Jacob isn''t far behind, but not seen enough of him), but as far as I know he isn''t being courted by Prem clubs yet, let alone played for one of the top five.

Shyster is implying that Neil will either be duped or bullied into signing him. I think either is highly unlikely.

Apparently he is faster off the mark than Walcott! He will be useful cover for grabban and also mean a rival doesn''t get him.

Amazing the reaction of some on here, our manager has decided he wants a player on loan to help out for the last 7 games, he is not going to get an established prem striker in, so he is going for someone young and fearless, he may not even feature (but suspect he will), have some trust, in the manager and the club you support, if you do indeed support Norwich (shyster)

Akpom is super, super raw but there is a huge amount of talent in there.

As mentioned he is lightening fast and strong, so will add an extra dimension to Norwich''s attacking options.

Seems strange people comparing him to the Murphys when they are wingers and he is a striker. Is his potential arrive going to potential get in the way of Loza''s and Morris''s development? Yes - but if he is a better player and scores the goals to get Norwich promoted should we really care?

Pretty much all of Norwich''s main rivals have used the loan market to great effect - Derby and Boro would be much further down the table if it wasn''t for Ince, Bent and Bamford respectively.

Also, it seems a host of Championship clubs want Akpom - getting him might mean he doesn''t go to Derby or Bournemouth. Which is reason enough to bring him in.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Akpom is super, super raw but there is a huge amount of talent in there.

As mentioned he is lightening fast and strong, so will add an extra dimension to Norwich''s attacking options.

Seems strange people comparing him to the Murphys when they are wingers and he is a striker. Is his potential arrive going to potential get in the way of Loza''s and Morris''s development? Yes - but if he is a better player and scores the goals to get Norwich promoted should we really care?

Pretty much all of Norwich''s main rivals have used the loan market to great effect - Derby and Boro would be much further down the table if it wasn''t for Ince, Bent and Bamford respectively.

Also, it seems a host of Championship clubs want Akpom - getting him might mean he doesn''t go to Derby or Bournemouth. Which is reason enough to bring him in.[/quote]

Great post Bethnal, good points well made

A bit understandable that people showing support for the Murphies and Loza - but Akpom could be dynamite with his pace as a striker if AN can get the best out if him - and he surely will as he has done that with everyone else at the club.   Akpom will be coming into an already good team which will help him settle in straight away without a problem.  Win win situation.

norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 23/03/2015 8:39 AM:Ritchie De Laet would be a very bad example of a good loan signing

-------------------------------------------

On second thought, you''re right, the amount of penalties he gave away was ridiculous, worse than Cuellar this season.

Pacheco was good at least, he made an impact, as did lansbury, but he''s not that young

Will certainly add freshness if we do bring him in. I think we are missing Grabbans high pressing so some pace up top could help

Hahaha, it seems Shyster has gone quiet now several people have called him out for his sanctimonious horsesh¡t. You reap what you sow.