Sign in to follow this  
quentin

Players out on loan

We have a strong squad but I have to question sending players out till the seasons end when going for promotion. Especially experienced heads like Lafferty and Turner.

6 England DF Michael Turner (at Fulham until end of 2014–15 season)
9 Northern Ireland FW Kyle Lafferty (at Çaykur Rizespor until end of 2014–15 season)
20 Netherlands FW Ricky van Wolfswinkel (at Saint-Étienne until end of 2014–15 season)
21 England FW Josh Murphy (at Wigan Athletic until 16th April 2015)
25 England MF Jacob Murphy (at Colchester United until end of 2014-15 season)
35 England DF Harry Toffolo (on loan at Swindon Town until end of 2014–15 season)
36 Northern Ireland MF Cameron McGeehan (on loan at Luton Town until end of 2014–15 season)
Wales MF Louis Thompson (at Swindon Town until end of 2014–15 season)

My personal view is that the only mistake there is Turner, who should be on the bench instead of Cuellar.

Lafferty wanted to go on loan because he''d been played out of position (and obviously our strikers are better than him).

Ricky going out on loan was a good move as we might get our money back and he''d get swallowed up in this league.

The Murphy twins desperately need experience, as do the other youngsters.

That''s my take on it anyway.

Being brutally honest though, would any of those players walk straight into our first team right now?

[quote user="morty"]Being brutally honest though, would any of those players walk straight into our first team right now?

[/quote]No they would not but why risk losing strength in depth at what was always a crucial stage of the season? Turner popping up with a near post header for a winner for Fulham against us on the last day and denying us instant promotion is a reoccuring nightmare.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]My personal view is that the only mistake there is Turner, [/quote]Ditto. And surely Lafferty could have played a part in the promotion cause.

[quote user="quentin fulcher"][quote user="morty"]Being brutally honest though, would any of those players walk straight into our first team right now?

[/quote]No they would not but why risk losing strength in depth at what was always a crucial stage of the season? Turner popping up with a near post header for a winner for Fulham against us on the last day and denying us instant promotion is a reoccuring nightmare.[/quote]I would like to think / hope that there is a clause whereby he can''t play against us.I guess you just have to trust that the manager has risk assessed it all, and deems what we have here is enough to see us through. Perhaps there are recall clauses on certain loan players though.

A perfectly plausible scenario, with only one snag

he is not elegible to play against us(a fact which I suspect most City fans are already aware of)

[quote user="quentin fulcher"][quote user="mrs miggins"]My personal view is that the only mistake there is Turner, [/quote]Ditto. And surely Lafferty could have played a part in the promotion cause.[/quote]I think Lafferty''s International form is a bit of a red herring. Every time I saw him play it was like a game where he tried to get a yellow card as quickly as humanly possible. He is being played more as a striker for Ireland, but he has played just as much as a wide player for other clubs, so this concept we were always playing him out of position is a bit false.We should be happy that Alex is giving the likes of Loza a chance.

[quote user="Bob Down"]A perfectly plausible scenario, with only one snag

he is not elegible to play against us(a fact which I suspect most City fans are already aware of)

[/quote]

Aologises the embarrassment[:$] is all mine.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="quentin fulcher"][quote user="mrs miggins"]My personal view is that the only mistake there is Turner, [/quote]Ditto. And surely Lafferty could have played a part in the promotion cause.[/quote]I think Lafferty''s International form is a bit of a red herring. Every time I saw him play it was like a game where he tried to get a yellow card as quickly as humanly possible. He is being played more as a striker for Ireland, but he has played just as much as a wide player for other clubs, so this concept we were always playing him out of position is a bit false.We should be happy that Alex is giving the likes of Loza a chance.[/quote]Thank you for that. I might be best shut up for a while. [:$]

[quote user="quentin fulcher"][quote user="morty"][quote user="quentin fulcher"][quote user="mrs miggins"]My personal view is that the only mistake there is Turner, [/quote]Ditto. And surely Lafferty could have played a part in the promotion cause.[/quote]I think Lafferty''s International form is a bit of a red herring. Every time I saw him play it was like a game where he tried to get a yellow card as quickly as humanly possible. He is being played more as a striker for Ireland, but he has played just as much as a wide player for other clubs, so this concept we were always playing him out of position is a bit false.We should be happy that Alex is giving the likes of Loza a chance.[/quote]Thank you for that. I might be best shut up for a while. [:$][/quote]Nah lol.I can only assume that Alex Neil didn''t like what he saw in Lafferty, but when you see him scoring goals its natural that doubts creep in.But so far his judgement on most things seems pretty good, he seems to have a knack of getting the best out of players, perhaps Lafferty wasn''t receptive to his methods, and was considered disruptive in the group?All speculation on my part, of course.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="quentin fulcher"][quote user="morty"][quote user="quentin fulcher"][quote user="mrs miggins"]My personal view is that the only mistake there is Turner, [/quote]Ditto. And surely Lafferty could have played a part in the promotion cause.[/quote]I think Lafferty''s International form is a bit of a red herring. Every time I saw him play it was like a game where he tried to get a yellow card as quickly as humanly possible. He is being played more as a striker for Ireland, but he has played just as much as a wide player for other clubs, so this concept we were always playing him out of position is a bit false.We should be happy that Alex is giving the likes of Loza a chance.[/quote]Thank you for that. I might be best shut up for a while. [:$][/quote]Nah lol.I can only assume that Alex Neil didn''t like what he saw in Lafferty, but when you see him scoring goals its natural that doubts creep in.But so far his judgement on most things seems pretty good, he seems to have a knack of getting the best out of players, perhaps Lafferty wasn''t receptive to his methods, and was considered disruptive in the group?All speculation on my part, of course.

[/quote]

[:#][:)]