Sign in to follow this  
ncfc fan

Minutes silence or minutes applause??

When we need one at Norwich, which do you prefer and why?

I prefer silence because a loud excitable stadium hushed to silence with 27000 in the ground is an amazing experience and having a silence is more respectful. 

[quote user="Herman "]Neither obviously.[/quote]Blimey Herman, he did say "When we need one......................."

Assuming the family can be contacted, then what ever their preference is seems most appropriate.

Assuming the family are happy, I''d go for applause. Stops any chance of that one joker who thinks its funny to make some noise.

Applause, to me, shows appreciation which is appropriate I feel.

Depends on the circumstances.

Tragedy, untimely death or event that warrants quiet contemplation = silence.

Death in old age of a former player where their contribution to our history should be celebrated = applause.

I''ve thought that a silence allowed for a time of quiet reflection on what that person meant to you and memories you have of them. It also shows respect. I think it''s rather humbling when thousands of people stand together and you could hear a pin drop.

Clapping seems rather disrespectful.

[quote user="Mike Walkers Hat"]Depends on the circumstances.

Tragedy, untimely death or event that warrants quiet contemplation = silence.

Death in old age of a former player where their contribution to our history should be celebrated = applause.[/quote]

Exactly what I was about to write.

I prefer silence but some idiots often spoil that so maybe applause is the better option nowadays

I inadvertently broke wind during the minute''s silence for Diana, Princess of Wales and Queen of Hearts.  Luckily it was a "silent but deadly", but I like to think I caused the tears in the eyes of the people around me.

You can''t please all of the people. Or can you?

How aboit half a minute of silence and half a minute of applause?

If you feel applause is disrespectful (don''t know how clapping for someone could be, but some here say so), feel free to not applaud.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]You can''t please all of the people. Or can you?

How aboit half a minute of silence and half a minute of applause?

If you feel applause is disrespectful (don''t know how clapping for someone could be, but some here say so), feel free to not applaud.[/quote]
Maybe the Barclay End should do the applauding and the River End should stay silent.  That would seem to suit all parties.

Silence - as long as fans get to their seats early enough there should not be a problem. Food and drink purchased in the concourse can be taken to your seat, therefore no excuses.

in an attempt to please everyone how about all 26000 of us waving jazz hands doing the silent applause.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

in an attempt to please everyone how about all 26000 of us waving jazz hands doing the silent applause.

[/quote][:D]