Sign in to follow this  
TheEarlyMilkman

Brighton Pubs

The ground is in the middle of nowhere with no pubs for miles around. The only bars are in the concourses all around the stadium and by all accounts there are plenty of them. Your match ticket gives you free travel on the day by bus or train from Brighton town centre.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The ground is in the middle of nowhere with no pubs for miles around. The only bars are in the concourses all around the stadium and by all accounts there are plenty of them. Your match ticket gives you free travel on the day by bus or train from Brighton town centre.[/quote]Not quite no pubs. The ones in the vicinity are set aside for home fans only.

Head to the Preston Brewery Tap a short distance north of the centre. Its not an obvious location butthe landlord is family and has promised a warm welcome for all Norwich fans. From there taxis can easily be arranged to get to the ground in a short time.

''The Landlord is Family'' - Blimey Brighton, I saw a programme with Sir Trevor McDonald the other night talking to Mafia members in the USA.

I presume he''s visiting Brighton in the near future?!

I have to be careful what i say on here...

But seriously, everyone is welcome to come along for some pre-match beers. I am bringing about 5-6 down from Norwich for the day and hope to get some more along.

Brighton is a bit funny for away days in that its probably similar to visiting Millwall in that you can base yourself near the train station and trvael up. However, as good as some pubs are in that area they are pretty small and can be very expensive. The train can be a bit of a scrum as well.

Its not too far from the station https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Preston+Brewery+Tap/@50.842224,-0.1511207,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xc962c25fdef88cce

I would suggest heading to the bars at the ground - no last minute squeeze on the train then and you can relax before the game.