Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Which player.....

we''re you most excited about when Norwich signed them ?? For me it was Darren Huckerby and he didn''t disappoint !! Thought Holty was a good signing for where we were at the time and he turned out ok didn''t he !! Also going back a bit signing someone like Martin Peters was big for little old Norwich !!

Huck was a great signing, we’d already seen what he could do on loan and when we got him permanently it just felt amazing.  The circumstances of the whole thing were great, him coming onto the pitch, saying there was no way he was going to West Brom over Norwich etc.  It really lifted everyone.  It felt like we had almost guaranteed our promotion push by signing him.

Others, I was probably in the minority that was excited when we got Jermoe.  Earnshaw would be another one, Ashton given the hype around him at the time.

Was also excited about the prospect of RVW when we announced we signed him. 

Hucks will always be up there for me, for reasons already mentioned, same with Dean Ashton, RVW got me excited with the thought of a striker prowling the premiership known as the wolf, alas, didn''t last long.

Remember Thomas Helveg? signed for us after having been at Milan, Udinese and a few other big clubs, won a load of caps for Denmark, what a disappointment he turned out to be, he cost us a goal that at Stamford bridge that destroyed the team and we never saw him again, and I vowed never to get excited by big name signings again....... but I still do !

Thomas Helveg gave a few nice crosses to Ashton though - I think against Newcastle was one for a header Ashton scored which he himself said was only possible from a quality player like Helveg.

[quote user="KoromaCrab"]Thomas Helveg gave a few nice crosses to Ashton though - I think against Newcastle was one for a header Ashton scored which he himself said was only possible from a quality player like Helveg.[/quote]

I''m sure you are correct Koroma, but I cant forget that goal at Chelsea, for a player who I thought was going to be a star in the premier league at the time, any idea how many times he played for us in the end ? he seemed to disappear quite quickly ?