Sign in to follow this  
unique

If Norwich are promoted.....

......and with their success rate for buying players from abroad showing little credibility, who would you most like to see AN attempt to buy from the Championship and below?Mikail Antonio for me, and failing that, Bakary Sako.Aged 24 and 26 respectively, I don''t think either would look out of place in the PL.

Some great deals abroad, bar RVW obviously. I know someone will make the Football Manager comment, but look at these stats:

Roberto Firmino - atacking midfielder/striker

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/96182/Show/Roberto-Firmino

Would be expensive, but worth it.

Marko Vejinovic - midfielder

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/67063/Show/Marko-Vejinovic

Stefan de Vrij - Centre Back

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/82399/Show/Stefan-de-Vrij

Reminds me of Alderweirld (correct spelling?) who''s now having a brilliant season for southampton (We were in for him a few seasons ago but decided to go abroad instead before going to southampton).

From the Premier League, stats show that Tomkins and Danns are the best players we could afford this season.

De Vrij is linked with champions league teams, Firmino similar. Not sure how good Vejinovic would be as i don''t know much about him

So was Toby Alderweireld; he moved to Athletico Madrid and was poor, then he went to Southampton who were selling all they''re players. Southampton are having a great season where everyone, including the player, thought they''d be battling relegation. It will be difficult to get these players, but if we do go up, with the money we''ll get from the PL (increased money from last time I might add), we have the luxury of finance, especially as we won''t need a total overhaul of players.

If we are looking at this country though Manga from Cardiff is the only realistic signing signings I can think of which would be really beneficial to us. He belongs in the premier league.

Buying from abroad can be very risky, but there are also some great bargains out there. Think about the likes of benteke or bony! For me we would surely need a new right back, centre back, winger, striker to survive comfortably. However, until then we should focus on actually getting into the prem

I wont speculate on the players that we may lose even if we go up this season, but here is a few I would like to see coming in:-Demarai Gray - 18, English, came through the Birmingham youth system and has muscled his way into the first team. Now looking like a rough diamond in a team full of average players. Wide midfielder similar to Redmond.  -  Watch him hereBeing watching by PL teams (West brom bid £4m in Jan tranfer window for him)

Virgil Van Dijk - 23, Dutch, quality young centreback thriving at Celtic. Individually makes very few mistakes at the back. Can also cover at RB. Good in opposition''s box too. Has had a bad disciplinary record this season however.- Watch him hereAlso being watched by PL teams according to tabloids

Jordan Rhodes - 25, Scottish, Im sure you have already heard of him. Currently at Blackburn, wanted by everyone 18 months ago but he has had a quiet season.

Sam Byram - 21, English, a fullback currently at Leeds. despite his age, hes had over 100 apps. Would be a good replacement for Olson.

Sadly, these signings would be almost impossible if we dont get promoted as we need the extra spending power. On a sidenote would anyone have RvW back? :$

will Alex neil have a choice with RVW?

Will Mcnally lay down his rule that RVW will be sold on no matter what with his argument that there is a deal on the table to break even or have a small loss rather than keep him with he risk he could perform as he did two seasons ago?

Rhodes is massively overrated IMHO, can''t see the point in spending huge money on a striker who''s looked distinctly average in the Championship, let alone the top flight. The others, I absolutely agree with - Demarai Grey looks something special and I imagine would have played with Redmond in Birmingham''s youth team as well, which would be an advantage...

I suggested Firmino nearly 2 years ago on these very boards on my "Potential Targets?" thread ([url]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/2921613/ShowPost.aspx#2921613[/url]), and virtually no-one had even heard of him, plus they were too busy taking the pi$$ to even consider him, so there''s a certain irony to people saying he''s now out of our league!

Aren''t you the guy that was suggesting we go out and get Paulo Bento or Francesco Guidolin to replace Neil Adams?Would rather be ''''little old norwich'''' than deluded.

As Miggins said earlier, I think de Vrij would be a brilliant signing, but we would have to throw the kitchen sink (and the cheque book) trying to get a hold of a player of his quality. No-one is impossible to sign once you have the money though. In 2011, who''d have thought 12 months later we would sign quality like Bassong or Tettey?

remember Sir Alex knows the scottish market best, having spent over 10 years up hear.

can see him at least looking at players from Celtic & Aberdeen like van dijk, armstrong, mackay steven etc

would not be surprised to see him go for michael mcgovern as a back up for ruddy. (was man of the match for NI against scotland on Wednesday

before he came to norwich the most he''d ever spent on a player was about £10K.

he will look for players with a good work ethic, very fit and capable of playing a high tempo passing game.

There is only about 2 or 3 players in the entire SPL that are even near to PL standard. He will have to look elsewhere.

Quite like the look of some of the Swiss players, Fabian schar and Harris seferovic look useful if they fancied a crack at the premiership.

very few players have impressed me as prem class in the champs this season; the best we have faced have probably been keepers who have upped their game

Byram has not progressed and had a disappointing season; the continued lack of prem interest in Rhodes reinforces my view that he is simply not that good. Likewise most strikers we have faced - none have truly caused us problems.

The exceptions, who all suffer from consistency issues, are as mentioned Gray and Antonio, and I would add Arter, pritchard and jota. A couple of youngsters I like are vetokele and particularly Oliver Norwood at reading.

However I am not sure any are better than we have let alone prem class (we have seen the gulf in class between our players performances in prem and champs these last couple of seasons).

I think we will be looking at some overseas players, some big club loans and plundering the relegated clubs for their better players.

I disagree with your assessment of Antonio. In my mind he''d be a huge addition next season if we got promoted. Pacy, tricky, skillfull and an eye for goal. I think he''d scare a lot of prem defences

I love the speculation when trying to guess who Norwich might bring in pre-season...So here goes.... i agree, don''t think we could land Dijk, so i''d go for Manga (CB). Antonio looks quality, and why not raid our feeder club with both Byram (RB) and Mowatt (MF)Don''t think we need to change things to much, Alex will already know who it wants rid..and will be looking for/at additions