Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

Easter games

We have two games coming up, as do the other teams in this division (coincidence ?)If we win both we will gain 6 points which could put us above other teams and also higher in the table. But then we might not, and that is where AN will have to box clever. If we draw a game and the teams around us don''t, not only will will lose points against them but wecould drop down the table. That could also happen if we draw both games (or heaven forbid) we draw and lose a game. I hope AN is aware of this.As some of the other teams play each other then they both cannot get three points in those games. And that is where we have a chance, though we cannot get any of the points they drop (it doesn''t work out that way) but we can gain ground on them, and some of the others if they don''t win either. As fans we should be aware of all this, as I hope the players are.I have sent them a letter explaining this and with any luck it has already arrived at Colney. Not one each, but one that Russell Martin can read out to them all. I hope they will all listen, as this is important. And I hope fans on here take note as well, as I don''t want to think that I am wondering lonely as a cloud etc

Wow, you get points for winning games ! Didn''t know that, I''m sure the players didn''t know either, good job you''ve passed this on.

All very ineteresting but what happens if we lose both games? You''ve helpfully explained the other permutations but not that.(Don''t want to appear pig ignorant, but what is this easter i keep hearing about?)

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Where''s Tom Moore when you need him ?[/quote]

He''s probably at Lakenham scouting the possibilities for our new, larger capacity ground......or is that Tom Cavendish? It really is all so confusing.

[quote user="Herman "]All very ineteresting but what happens if we lose both games? You''ve helpfully explained the other permutations but not that.(Don''t want to appear pig ignorant, but what is this easter i keep hearing about?)[/quote]If we lose both games we could drop down the table. Or even drop out of the top six which I think would be very bad news indeed as we would then only have five more games to get back in again. It would also mean that Bolton and Brighton could climb up the table, and Chris Hughton (who was let down badly by the players) will have found some players who do not let him down.As to Easter it is a time when not only do teams play on a Friday but a lot of folk go on a short holiday, in say a Bed and Breakfast. We need our own B&B by beating Bolton and Brighton. two B or not two B that is the question our team faces this holiday time.

I better sit down before I fall over

Something as important as this - you''ve put a lot of faith in Royal Mail !

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Bob Down - a legend in his own mind, top marks for stating the bleedin'' obvious.[/quote]Though not too many marks for you for not spotting the bleedin'' obviousLappinitup (above) might give you a clue

[quote user="Bob Down"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Bob Down - a legend in his own mind, top marks for stating the bleedin'' obvious.[/quote]Though not too many marks for you for not spotting the bleedin'' obviousLappinitup (above) might give you a clue[/quote]

The "bleeding obvious" is that you are a pr*t.

I''m sorry if my writing style and attention to detail makes you think I am a pr at. I  can''t think why.

[quote user="Bob Down"]I''m sorry if my writing style and attention to detail makes you think I am a pr at. I  can''t think why.

[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="Bob Down"]I''m sorry if my writing style and attention to detail makes you think I am a pr at. I  can''t think why.[/quote]

Ok then, I''ll tell you, although I am sure you know perfectly well.  Mimicking or parodying another poster in the hope of getting a rise out of it is small minded in the extreme.   But if you are going to do it, you should at least do it so that it is obvious what you are doing and plainly your attempt has passed by some on here because you had to explain it.  And although I am sure you thought it was funny at the time, it has just made you look like a f*ckwit. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]Ok, If you insist.  Not to mention some of them having no sense of humour [:(]  [/quote]

Have you considered that you may be desperately and embarrassingly unfunny?[/quote]

That

is for others to decide. However, what is obvious from your responses

is that your ego won''t take anyone making fun of you, however light

heated it is. 

[/quote]

[quote user="Bob Down"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]Ok, If you insist.  Not to mention some of them having no sense of humour [:(]  [/quote]Have you considered that you may be desperately and embarrassingly unfunny?[/quote]That

is for others to decide. However, what is obvious from your responses

is that your ego won''t take anyone making fun of you, however light

heated it is. 
[/quote][/quote]

Typically, you''ve missed the point.  My ego was not the issue and doesn''t come into it - it was the fact that you started a thread intending to parody me or at least my style of writing - and no one got it until you explained - even Lapps didn''t fully get it.  That is all I picked you up on and that is why I  said it made you look a pr*t - because it did.

But we''ve been here before haven''t we?  Why waste your time when we have such a big match on this afternoon.  Run along now so the board can be left to those interested in the football............ 

No one got it ..... ?well you certainly didmaybe you should lighten up a bit and find that sense of humour you claim others don''t haveand perhaps take your own advice "Why waste your time when we have such a big match on this afternoon"

[quote user="Bob Down"]No one got it ..... ?well you certainly didmaybe you should lighten up a bit and find that sense of humour you claim others don''t haveand perhaps take your own advice "Why waste your time when we have such a big match on this afternoon"[/quote]

Thank you, but I don''t need to lighten up, but you need to stop trying to dig yourself out of a hole.

Hole ?A mild parody that others either saw through or didn''t, but decided either wasn''t worth being distracted from an important game forExcept you, who have come out huffng and puffing as usualhas it never occured to you that it maybe why you have your leg pulled so often ?

[quote user="Bob Down"]Hole ?A mild parody that others either saw through or didn''t, but decided either wasn''t worth being distracted from an important game forExcept you, who have come out huffng and puffing as usualhas it never occured to you that it maybe why you have your leg pulled so often ?[/quote]

I don''t mind my leg being pulled in the least.  I just don''t like people who set out to ridicule though and parodies are a pretty low form of humour generally designed to ridicule, or at least attempt to show someone up.  You carry on though. I would rather think about the match this afternoon, but if you want to continue this, feel free.

I would rather think about the match this afternoonwhen you are not getting upset on here, that is

or all over this threadfrom someone who claimed, thatI would rather think about the match this afternoon

[quote user="Bob Down"]or all over this threadfrom someone who claimed, thatI would rather think about the match this afternoon[/quote]This thread set out to parody/mimic me, therefore it is about me. Therefore, I am quite entitled to be all over it - or are you just one of these posters that thinks they can be disparaging about a poster and not get any comeback?

[quote user="Bob Down"]I would seek help if I were you....turns up Radio Norfolk. Good bye.[/quote]

Are you enjoying the match? It sounds quite good, chances at both ends.  Suggest you are the one that needs help by the way....help in how to be funny without targeting other posters.   Banter is one thing. Setting out a thread to parody another poster is something else.

Just catching up on threads, as have been busy over the last few days.Bloody hell Lakey, even by your standards, this is embarrassing.Always somebody else, eh?

[quote user="Bob Down"]We have two games coming up, as do the other teams in this division (coincidence ?)If we win both we will gain 6 points which could put us above other teams and also higher in the table. But then we might not, and that is where AN will have to box clever. If we draw a game and the teams around us don''t, not only will will lose points against them but wecould drop down the table. That could also happen if we draw both games (or heaven forbid) we draw and lose a game. I hope AN is aware of this.As some of the other teams play each other then they both cannot get three points in those games. And that is where we have a chance, though we cannot get any of the points they drop (it doesn''t work out that way) but we can gain ground on them, and some of the others if they don''t win either. As fans we should be aware of all this, as I hope the players are.I have sent them a letter explaining this and with any luck it has already arrived at Colney. Not one each, but one that Russell Martin can read out to them all. I hope they will all listen, as this is important. And I hope fans on here take note as well, as I don''t want to think that I am wondering lonely as a cloud etc

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] That is ldc to a tee! Very good [Y]

[quote user="morty"]Just catching up on threads, as have been busy over the last few days.Bloody hell Lakey, even by your standards, this is embarrassing.Always somebody else, eh?[/quote]

The only embarrassing thing on this thread is you entering it.  All I have done on this thread is  give "Bob" a bit of stick for trying a second parody within the space of a few days.  He didn''t like it - surprise, surprise.