Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Marshall to Millwall

According to BBC Sport Andy Marshall will probably sign for Millwall if they sell their keeper for one million to Wolves which looks on the cards. Thats a shame cos Ips**** will then save on his wages. Mind you it wont do much for Millwalls push for the top six.

I''ll be gutted if this happens. He''s costing the binners a fortune. Having said that tho I think Marshall is trying to get back in our good books: He''s screwed over ipswich (our biggest rivals), he''s cost Wolves (our second biggest rivals) a cup run (5-1 agianst Arsenal) and now he''s moving onto Millwall (who everybody hates cos they are evil!)

Where''s he gonna go next? Rotherham?? Everton??

God help them.....they''ll need it..can''t see them affording all his wages ..he must be taking a pay cut of 100%...all he is worth

It''s a shame we have played Millwall twice this season, we can''t give "Flapper" a good old ear bashing. I still recall his smugness after last seasons Ip**** w*n at Carrow Rd. Anyway, if he does sign for Millwall, the ballboys are going to be awfully busy fishing his wayward goalkicks out of the nearby docks... OTBC

Does anyone know what would happen?? When we signed Huckerby there was talk that Man City had to pay up most of his remaining wages, so if Millwall did sign Ipswick would still have to cough up. And hes on a free too.

Marshall has a contract with the binners until June.

They have to pay him £15,000(approx) a week.

A new contract with Millwall would cancel that contract

Millwall will no doubt be offering him a contract of around £5000(approx) a week

Marshall will then want the diference between the two for the interveninng weeks made up by one or both of the clubs involved

Who pays what is one or the intangibles that we cannot know. It''ll depend on how much each wants the deal to go through.

Wonder if the binners will be as naive as many of our fans were over Huckerby

Imagine the scenario if we get to play Millwall in a cup competition next season, Marshall in goal, Muscat in defence, Wise in midfield... all we need now is a striker to hate and the spine(lessness) of a Millwall side would be loathed by one and all... Anyone think of a striker that Millwall could sign who we''d despise as much as his (possibly future) colleagues..? I can''t... Oh and Millwall still have David Livermore, a Danny Tiatto-type thug-a-gram-footballer of unquestionable dispute...