Sign in to follow this  
S10 Canary

Rotherham Away - Ticket help please!

I have 1,150 away points but the club are asking for 1,350 to book a Rotherham ticket in the first wave. If anyone can get one but can''t go, please let me know as I only live down the road and really want to go! I''ll offer an extra tenner on the face value.

I know it''s a long shot but cheers in advance!

How do the away points work? I have been to about 7 games away the last 2 seasons but haven''t got my tickets anymore, how many points is that?

If I do find some ticket stubs and don''t have enough anyway, I could always let you claim them.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]How do the away points work? I have been to about 7 games away the last 2 seasons but haven''t got my tickets anymore, how many points is that?

If I do find some ticket stubs and don''t have enough anyway, I could always let you claim them.[/quote]It is done by the customer number that you give every time you buy a ticket.You can log into the official site and check your points balance.

Think season ticket holders get 1000 points then it''s 50 points a game,while we''re at it 3 of us in Stoke on 1100 points looking for tickets !!

Without assuming anything at all (apart from us finishing in the top six, which looks likely), we have twice gained promotion to the top flight in Yorkshire (Sheffield Wednesday and Bradford City). Twice also at Portsmouth and once in London (Orient), and the other time by not playing (it was Crystal Palace beating Sunderland 3-0 that sent us up under Worthington). It has never happened at Carrow Road.

Hadn''t realised that stat Purple.

It would be soooo sweet to do it against Fulham of all teams, but even better (on the heart if nothing else) if we could do it vs Middlesboro!

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Hadn''t realised that stat Purple.

It would be soooo sweet to do it against Fulham of all teams, but even better (on the heart if nothing else) if we could do it vs Middlesboro![/quote]Yes, Crabby, it is a slight oddity that it has never happened at Carrow Road. I hate being overly factual (actually I don''t of course!) but to be sure of promotion by beating Middlesbrough I think (a quick mental calculation) we would need, say, to go into that game seven points ahead of Watford. That means a nine-point swing over the next four games...More realistically, as you say, a virtuous double whammy of achieving promotion by putting the Fulham hoodoo to rest would be most acceptable. But it is all shaping up to be extremely tight, with goal difference a likely factor.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]How do the away points work? I have been to about 7 games away the last 2 seasons but haven''t got my tickets anymore, how many points is that?

If I do find some ticket stubs and don''t have enough anyway, I could always let you claim them.[/quote]

Thank you, that''s very kind indeed. Sadly as already mentioned it''s all now done electronically and 50 away points are assigned every time a certain customer number purchases an away ticket.

Interesting info there Purple, cheers.

Would be even better if it was a triple whammy Purple, promotion, breaking the hoodoo and sending them down but sadly the last looks unlikely.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]How do the away points work? I have been to about 7 games away the last 2 seasons but haven''t got my tickets anymore, how many points is that?

If I do find some ticket stubs and don''t have enough anyway, I could always let you claim them.[/quote]It is done by the customer number that you give every time you buy a ticket.You can log into the official site and check your points balance.[/quote]

Ah, that''s annoying, as I''ve bought on the door more often than not.

Find it a bit unfair that as a member having been to 14 away games this season, I have less chance than a ST holder who''s only been to a few. Ah well, I guess Brighton and Leeds will have to do. OTBC

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Find it a bit unfair that as a member having been to 14 away games this season, I have less chance than a ST holder who''s only been to a few. Ah well, I guess Brighton and Leeds will have to do. OTBC[/quote]Its a tricky debate, that I can see both sides of.But I guess the way the club sees it is that the season ticket holder contributes more to Norwich City than someone who goes away, as that money actually goes to other clubs.

I too can see both sides of it. I suppose those who are season ticket holders & live in Norwich are likely to have travelled more miles than myself in Sheffield and has managed 9 away this season. Although should there be reward for miles travelled? Maybe?I have to say that living in Sheffield does seem to be a bit of a sweet spot for heading out to Norwich away games. The rail links are very strong with much of the country and even for London games I can be down there in a couple of hours on selected services. Even cheaper and quicker than the train from Sheff to Norwich!I''ll have to just take my chances and pre-apply for Rotherham ticket and hope the next drop after 1,350 is 1,150. Would anybody know how the reduction in points required is likely to work? Dropping it by 100 each time would be logical but here''s hoping it''s by 200.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Without assuming anything at all (apart from us finishing in the top six, which looks likely), we have twice gained promotion to the top flight in Yorkshire (Sheffield Wednesday and Bradford City). Twice also at Portsmouth and once in London (Orient), and the other time by not playing (it was Crystal Palace beating Sunderland 3-0 that sent us up under Worthington). It has never happened at Carrow Road.[/quote]And our promotion from League One back to the Championship under Lambert was at Charlton. The last time we achieved promotion at Carrow Road was in the 1959/60 season, when we beat Southend 4-3 to go from the old Third Divsion to the Second.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Without assuming anything at all (apart from us finishing in the top six, which looks likely), we have twice gained promotion to the top flight in Yorkshire (Sheffield Wednesday and Bradford City). Twice also at Portsmouth and once in London (Orient), and the other time by not playing (it was Crystal Palace beating Sunderland 3-0 that sent us up under Worthington). It has never happened at Carrow Road.[/quote]And our promotion from League One back to the Championship under Lambert was at Charlton. The last time we achieved promotion at Carrow Road was in the 1959/60 season, when we beat Southend 4-3 to go from the old Third Divsion to the Second.[/quote]Where''s Newton when you need him? Can''t let these FACTS go unchallenged. [;)]

The allocation is 2,300 and I assume we definitely don''t have that many with over 1,350 points (which equates to a season ticket and 7 away games over the last two seasons) so it''s well worth applying if you''re below the initial threshold.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Without assuming anything at all (apart from us finishing in the top six, which looks likely), we have twice gained promotion to the top flight in Yorkshire (Sheffield Wednesday and Bradford City). Twice also at Portsmouth and once in London (Orient), and the other time by not playing (it was Crystal Palace beating Sunderland 3-0 that sent us up under Worthington). It has never happened at Carrow Road.[/quote]And our promotion from League One back to the Championship under Lambert was at Charlton. The last time we achieved promotion at Carrow Road was in the 1959/60 season, when we beat Southend 4-3 to go from the old Third Divsion to the Second.[/quote]Where''s Newton when you need him? Can''t let these FACTS go unchallenged. [;)][/quote]Lapps, I suspect if I bumped my Finance versus the Manager opus back up (ostensibly for the benefit of any Brighton fans who might be looking in!) that might awaken the seemingly sleeping Newton...

I''m wanting to apply as I don''t have enough points. I can''t see the form on the web site as yet or is not going to be there until 9 April?

[quote user="KoromaCrab"]how does the away ticket system work at Norwich City and what is this points thing you are mentioning?[/quote]You get 50 points per away game you go to ( Booking through your customer number)Season ticket holders get a 1000 points head start.It eventually builds up, for instance I think I have 1900 points.If tickets are limited they will set a minimum points score you have to have to apply on certain dates.