Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

RIP Portman King

Gonna miss his Pearls of wisdom. His thoughts on Alex Neil''s appointment.......[quote user="portman_king"]I''m merely saying that with your strongest

squad ''on paper'' you''ve put it in the hands of two rookie managers.

Wouldn''t it be better managed with someone who knows how to handle

individuals, egos and the like? Someone who''s won this division before

or the league below perhaps? I just don''t know what boxes this Alex Neil

ticks personally. If you''re board are obsessed with finding the next

Lambert then more fool them, they won''t find him.[/quote]His views on Grabban.......[quote user="portman_king"]Rather gangly and ungainly like Steve

Morison. Personally, I wouldn''t have paid £3m for him, as I''m not sure

he''d replicate his form at Bournemouth elsewhere. I don''t think any

Championship fan expected him to be up the top end of the goalscoring

charts in 2013/14.[/quote]And Bradley Johnson.......[quote user="portman_king"]Johnson is one of your players who I really

don''t rate. 1 good shot in 100, dismal range of passing and seems to

just go around collecting needless bookings.[/quote]Norwich City 2 Ipswich Town 0 (Johnson 24′ Grabban 62′) Bless him. [:D] [<:o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Gonna miss his Pearls of wisdom. His thoughts on Alex Neil''s appointment.......

[quote user="portman_king"]I''m merely saying that with your strongest squad ''on paper'' you''ve put it in the hands of two rookie managers. Wouldn''t it be better managed with someone who knows how to handle individuals, egos and the like? Someone who''s won this division before or the league below perhaps? I just don''t know what boxes this Alex Neil ticks personally. If you''re board are obsessed with finding the next Lambert then more fool them, they won''t find him.[/quote]

His views on Grabban.......

[quote user="portman_king"]Rather gangly and ungainly like Steve Morison. Personally, I wouldn''t have paid £3m for him, as I''m not sure he''d replicate his form at Bournemouth elsewhere. I don''t think any Championship fan expected him to be up the top end of the goalscoring charts in 2013/14.[/quote]

And Bradley Johnson.......

[quote user="portman_king"]Johnson is one of your players who I really don''t rate. 1 good shot in 100, dismal range of passing and seems to just go around collecting needless bookings.[/quote]

Norwich City 2 Ipswich Town 0 (Johnson 24′ Grabban 62′)

Bless him. [:D] [<:o)]

[/quote]

[quote user="portman_king"]What on earth are you on about? You''re not doing better than us, look at the table! Just because you''ve won the last five games doesn''t mean you''ve been better than us over the course of the season so far.[/quote]

We are now.

They were all really convinced we were in for a shock yesterday xD

I loved reading TWTD hearing about us ''arrogant t055ers'' getting taken down a peg lol. We even out worked and out battled them all game! Look at the difference between our crowd yesterday and theirs earlier in the season as well. We were supportive for 90 minutes those miserable, fickle lot just sat on their hands all game.

They''ve got a great history for a club their size I''ll give them that openly but everything else about us as a club is so much better than them.

I liked The Future 2- 0 The Past picture as well, summed it up perfectly!

I''m wondering if you would ever see "City 1st" and "Portman King" in the same room? 

Ask a question about ITFC accounts and see who answers first.  

Nice post Lappin.

Looks like he has finally been Caughtwanking and is too ashamed to show his head, as it were.

He does take very long holidays at Centre Parcs, this I suspect will be one of his longest.

Must be the most frequent user of the subtropical swimming paradise on record.

😊

I guess it''ll be a test of whether he was genuinely interested to discuss things Norwich and our rivalry or whether he was just here to laud Ipswich''s better form over us as to whether he comes back or not.

In hindsight, some of them views are pretty funny though! Is Johnno due 990 misses now?

The thing is, if our players were without their flaws, they would be playing champions league football every week and we would be too. For our level though, they are world beaters at the moment and if we carried on this form in the premier league, we would be nowhere near the relegation battle. Grabban is never going to have the finishing of Inzaghi or the aerial prowess of Shearer but he''s doing the business for what we require now!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I guess it''ll be a test of whether he was genuinely interested to discuss things Norwich and our rivalry or whether he was just here to laud Ipswich''s better form over us as to whether he comes back or not.[/quote]C''mon Jimmy, he was never here to discuss Norwich, just wanted to stick his oar in when things weren''t going well.

Jimmy. Portman was posting happily in 2010 until we smashed them and left them in our wake. Wasn''t seen again until we were relegated last year. Then went missing when we beat them in August only to return when they went above us in the table. What do you think he was here for?

Don''t you know she''s part of the Portman Apocalypse? Only venture out with knuckles dragging when they smell something in their favour. Happens once a decade but soon retreat under their bridges where trolls live.

Long may she rot with their team as the longest serving team in the Championship. Shame plastic takes longer to decompose that most things

Niaz in Suffolk: I think Middlesbrough will win the league and Ipswich may clinch second place as their remaining fixtures all are winnable.

Qote on BBC website

So that''s where he is[:)]

He won''t be back from his holls this season........or next season........probably not the season after that either.

Gardening leave!!😄

I''d hate to think you meanies have driven him away, we don''t want a repeat of that Col Who supporter Cameldong or whatever his name was.

Still there''s always Ipswich Crazy, I wonder how he''s doing?

A fairly decent impression of the Muppets, if this is anything to go bymental(though the idea that going fu**ing mental is an option in his case is rather stretching things a bit)

[quote user="Bob Down"]A fairly decent impression of the Muppets, if this is anything to go bymental(though the idea that going fu**ing mental is an option in his case is rather stretching things a bit)Why did I click onto that link?  We really haven''t progressed very far have we?  To think there''s a whole town full of muppets like that.  God help the human race.................[:S]

[/quote]

[quote user="Bob Down"]A fairly decent impression of the Muppets, if this is anything to go bymental(though the idea that going fu**ing mental is an option in his case is rather stretching things a bit)

[/quote]Why did I click onto that link?  We really haven''t progressed very far

have we?  To think there''s a whole town full of muppets like that.  God

help the human race.................[:S]