Sign in to follow this  
The Phantom

I really really don't want automatic promotion

As the OP describes it, it is a no brainer, us promoted, they are not.
However the likely scenario IS the play offs, those who seem to assert that we will be top 2 are stretching optimism a little far. We have won 7 from 9 since AN appointed and have only just broken into top 6.
I am not being pessimist, but we would have to see more than 1 team suffer a big dip in form and it hasn''t happened yet and shows no real sign from where I''m looking.
Heart won''t give up though, whilst it''s mathematically possible there is still hope.

At my age and with my medical history I could well do without another playoff final penalty shootout.  Let''s win every game from now until the season''s end, sneak second place, and watch the Binners crumble at Wembley in the playoff final.  What could honestly be better than that?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]At my age and with my medical history I could well do without another playoff final penalty shootout.  Let''s win every game from now until the season''s end, sneak second place, and watch the Binners crumble at Wembley in the playoff final.  What could honestly be better than that?
[/quote]
Can''t argue with that BBB, but what does your head tell you?

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]At my age and with my medical history I could well do without another playoff final penalty shootout.  Let''s win every game from now until the season''s end, sneak second place, and watch the Binners crumble at Wembley in the playoff final.  What could honestly be better than that?
[/quote]
[/quote]
It tells me, based on previous seasons, that I''ll get gradually more excited and optimistic as we win the playoff first leg, draw the second leg, and are winning in the playoff final with five minutes to go...

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]At my age and with my medical history I could well do without another playoff final penalty shootout.  Let''s win every game from now until the season''s end, sneak second place, and watch the Binners crumble at Wembley in the playoff final.  What could honestly be better than that?
[/quote]
[/quote]
It tells me, based on previous seasons, that I''ll get gradually more excited and optimistic as we win the playoff first leg, draw the second leg, and are winning in the playoff final with five minutes to go...
[/quote]
I drove back from Cardiff that day, barely less than a ton all the way home... wanted to get home and drown my sorrows ASAP.
Thing is, I rarely felt confident of us closing out games under Worthington, even in the season we got promoted under him. AN has yet to prove he can do it, but the whole vibe from Saturday does bode well.

No NO NOOOO. The risk is too high and the pain simply to great to even think about if we were to lose that kind of final.

Give me second with Ipswich slipping into 10th any day of the week!

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]At my age and with my medical history I could well do without another playoff final penalty shootout.  Let''s win every game from now until the season''s end, sneak second place, and watch the Binners crumble at Wembley in the playoff final.  What could honestly be better than that?
[/quote]^^^^^THIS[Y]

What the hell are you lot on?

I seem to start all my posts with that line and for good reason.

Automatics???? There''s no way on this earth we''re good enough to finish in the top 2. Even if the current top 2 drop sufficient points (which they probably won''t) we''re simply not good enough on a consistent enough basis to capitalise on it.

If any of you plastics could peel yourselves off your sticky keyboards for long enough to attend both home & away games you''d have seen enough evidence at home to Brentford and away to Charlton (2nd half) recently to know it ain''t going to happen this season, no way.

So stop posting ''pie in the sky'' drivel about automatics and accept its play offs at best IF we can beat the likes of Watford, the fecking Filth, Boro and Derby - which ain''t a gimme by any

stretch.

Would be great if it happened but what about the other way round and the Binners do us at Wembley - unbearable and we would never ever live it down or be allowed to forget it.

I think I would still settle for the auto promotion, I will keep hoping for now anyway.