Sign in to follow this  
The Phantom

I really really don't want automatic promotion

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"]Instead I want a Wembley playoff final where we beat the binners. The train journey back would be one of the great experiences of any canaries life[/quote]No Waveney, let''s go up in the auto''s and then sit back to watch the binners get beaten in the semi''s......

The play off final is a lottery.  Don''t want Ipswich anywhere near it. Preferably see them drop to seventh place, us rise to the top two, going up with Bn''mth.   The play off final we were in was not something I would like to have to go through again.  If we do end up there, so be it, but the top two has to be the aim still.

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"]Instead I want a Wembley playoff final where we beat the binners. The train journey back would be one of the great experiences of any canaries life[/quote]

yes.. on a train with a load of ipswich fans, some of which will have been drinking all day and looking for trouble.. a wonderful day in any Canary fans life.. which might be rather short after that!

[quote user="Fr. Chewy Louie"]Imagine losing that game though. Can imagine Whittaker being the Daryl Sutch figure...[/quote]

I can imagine him slotting in the winning penalty then standing in front of our fans with one hand to his ear and 2 fingers raised....

[quote user="lake district canary"] The play off final we were in was not something I would like to have to go through again.  If we do end up there, so be it, but the top two has to be the aim still.

[/quote]I do so hope you are right Lakey, but fear we''ve left ourselves with just too much to do.That said,I''d gladly forego the possibility of Hopeful''s joyous pm journey back from Liverpool St as the guests of  Abellio Gtr Anglia if at all possible !

Whilst I understand your sentiment and, yes, it would be an amazing experience. BUT...NO WAY, like LDC, do I want another play-off (although ods are we will get one). The disappointment losing that followed the ecstasy when Iwan scored was something I just dont want to experience again.

Indeed, after losing on pens and realising it would be all back to square one in August it was awful. In fact I can''t imagine any one-off game being any worse than the play off final for the losing team. Its great for the neutral but an emotional rollercoaster for those involved.

Too many potentials for a banana skin in the play offs, which would be unbearable if happened to us with "them", they should end up 7th and we should still be aiming for an automatic until impossible to do so.

Couldn''t take another millennium stadium day, too much to bear, flew down there that weekend, and on the flight back the mood was so black I think most would have jumped out at 3,500 feet !

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"]Instead I want a Wembley playoff final where we beat the binners. The train journey back would be one of the great experiences of any canaries life[/quote]

What a load of cobblers, were you at Cardiff ? Worst day ever, can''t even imagine what it would be like to lose to that lot, especially living here.

To be fair he described a scenario through to it''s completion ie. we get promoted.

So if it''s a choice between going up automatically or going up by beating Ipswich at Wembly, yea I''d go for the fairy tale version with an awesome unforgettable day out.

If he was asking would you rather go up automatically or get into the play-offs with a Norwich v Ipswich final, then no I wouldn''t risk it.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Worst day ever, can''t even imagine what it would be like to lose to that lot, especially living here.[/quote]I completely agree with you CK, if they lost to us in the play-offs they''d go away, shrug their shoulders and say they''d had a good season after the dross they''ve endured over the last few years and they''d still be happy. But if they beat us, the 9-2 and our three years at the top wouldn''t matter anymore and they''d be crowing down from the Prem as we struggle to endure a second season in the Championship. Doesn''t bear thinking about. [:S]

No. No, no, no, no and no again - unless you could guarantee a Norwich win, I don''t think I could take this.

I am bad enough on a normal derby day league match!

If it''s technically possible I''d like some sort of "super-automatic" promotion where we are promoted in -1st place and maybe given a Europa league spot or something

But if it came to the playoffs and the scum I am willing and able to stare that beast in the face and make it blink

No fear, no surrender.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]OP...you must be joking! I wouldn''t want that lottery! Automatics would be brilliant though[/quote]You are so right, Rob.There are one or two misty eyed bravado merchants on here who are conveniently forgetting one basic fact of life.....Wembley 1985 aside, Norwich City FC do not do big days out  !!!!

i think we would have greater bragging rights going up as league champions rather than dreaming to beat them in the play-off final.

Well there was Orient, etc when we won promotion and no one will ever forget winning the Mr Clutch Cup.

Being a Norwich fan, the play offs is the toughest way.

If we have I then so be it, three cup finals is very tough and certainly with the prospect of your local rivals in that mix would be tough.

I am a nervous fan and would be nervous throughout.

Automatics every time, that should have been our ultimate aim this season. Promotion being our aim at the lowest level of expectations at the club.

The Milk Cup semi final second leg was one of the highlights of my City supporting days. But only after the event. Had Stevie B not buried that header it could have been all so different..........

"I am a nervous fan"

You aren''t alone, seems like most fans are these days. It''s weird.

We will go up in second again ,dont even think about the play offs and certainly not against the scum they are doomed to another year were they belong second tear we will beat them on March 1st to help to send them were they belong