Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Binners more attractive than Norwich for youngsters?

According to Bryan Klug  their academy manager........“They get all their players out of London,” he claimed in an

interview with the East Anglian Daily Times. “If people are from this

area and they have to choose then they choose to come here. Norwich

spend a lot of money, and they’re doing it very well, but when their

under-16s play us at Portman Road in the Hospital Cup next month you’ll

see that they have a lot of London boys and we have more local lads.

“It’s

about reputation and opportunity. Most weeks we now have four or five

homegrown players in the first team squad. I think young players and

parents realise that there’s a clear pathway here, more so than the

majority of other clubs. That’s our strong point. It always has been. We

get people like Teddy (Bishop) in at eight or nine and see them all the

way through. That’s how I want to do it.

“Our

indications are that the bar is getting higher and the expectation is

that you have to be really heavily investing. Rightly or wrongly, that’s

the way it’s going. It’s kind of getting more difficult for us to

obtain Category One, in my opinion.

“We’re

waiting for the full conditions to come out. The bar is being raised

all the time in terms of what’s needed regarding staff and facilities,

so we’re just waiting to see what the criteria is this time around and

then we’ll make a decision as to whether to go for it or not.”

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/ipswich_town_youth_chief_is_not_jealous_of_norwich_city_s_academy_1_4015014

It''s a complete reversal from two years ago when he said........

“We are currently in Category Two and delivering a great programme

but if you want to compete for the best players, you have got to nail

down Category One status,” said Town academy director, Bryan Klug.

“If

you are not starting out with the best players then you are making it

really difficult. We want to be the best academy in the area and that’s

no disrespect to Norwich, West Ham or up the road at Colchester.

“The

bigger clubs (in Category One) can offer better packages to these

youngsters so why wouldn’t they choose to go there if they are given an

extra pair of boots or training kit?"

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich_town_apply_for_category_one_academy_status_1_2170760

Another sign Marcus is tightening the purse strings.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Good spot Lapps. If portmanking is back from center parcs maybe we can get his take...[/quote]I''m worried about him, we haven''t seen him in ages.[:(]

"Klug was credited with developing the likes of Kieron Dyer, Richard Wright and Titus Bramble at Portman Road in the 1990s"

I''d keep that off your CV,Mr Klug.

I like how he says "in the Area, West Ham and up the Road at Colchester" indicating they see Col U as the derby.. West Ham is about as "in the area" as Fernando Torres was at Chelsea!!!

They kind of have a point, actually. But I suspect relying on the youth is more driven by lack of transfer budget, than some noble cause.

To be fair to the binners they do put in the work to find a good youngster, we have a lad here who played above his age at County Inter league level, played for Ireland at u15,16,17 and now 19. He is currently playing at Cork City u19s, while still an u17 player became top scorer in half the season at u19s.

Who came looking for him .....the binners.

They are doing something right cos he is the best young player to come out of these part in the last ten years, and they got to him first.

they''ve had a strong irish connection for a while, like we seem to be developing links in Scotland. (McGrandles etc)

However, it is surely because Binner squad is so incredibly poor, shallow and talentless, so youngsters feel they have more chance of breaking in to squads later??

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]Presumably we''re doing something right too, we did pick up the Youth Cup after all..[/quote][Y]

Absolutely Paul or should i call you Ferry. We''re in good shape. Living over here , people soon get to know that you dont support one of the ''Biggies'' and the interest in our Youth is there, maybe due to Kyle McFadden, his involvement in the YC got quite a bit of coverage.

However, it is surely because Binner squad is so incredibly poor, shallow and talentless, so youngsters feel they have more chance of breaking in to squads later??That doesn''t seem to have helped Ben Wyatt, who hasn''t featured much with them and was only on a years contract. A quick glance at the u18 squad http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/under-18s-profiles-2012-13-226676.aspxwill show that Klug is talking out of his backside (perhaps that''s the only language they understand in Suffolk) when he claims that They get all their players out of London. Which seems a bit odd as if Ipswich have the pick of all the local lads, then why are so few making it through ? Are they all useless or is the coaching system at Ipswich so inept? And if my memory serves me right did not Ipswich bring in players from Cumbria in the early 70''s.It looks like he is laying the ground for another failure to gain Cat 1 acadamy status, and blaiming it all on how unfair it all is. Something we never heard from them when the 90 min rule blocked our access to lads from London, whereas it didn''t with them. Just another case of the smaller club living in it''s wealthy neighbours shadow, yet again.

[quote user="Bob Down"] However, it is surely because Binner squad is so incredibly poor, shallow and talentless, so youngsters feel they have more chance of breaking in to squads later??That doesn''t seem to have helped Ben Wyatt, who hasn''t featured much with them and was only on a years contract. A quick glance at the u18 squad http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/under

-18s-profiles-2012-13-226676.aspxwill show that Klug is talking out of his backside (perhaps that''s the only language they understand in Suffolk) when he claims that They get all their players out of London. Which seems a bit odd as if Ipswich have the pick of all the local lads, then why are so few making it through ? Are they all useless or is the coaching system at Ipswich so inept? And if my memory serves me right did not Ipswich bring in players from Cumbria in the early 70''s.It looks like he is laying the ground for another failure to gain Cat 1 acadamy status, and blaiming it all on how unfair it all is. Something we never heard from them when the 90 min rule blocked our access to lads from London, whereas it didn''t with them. Just another case of the smaller club living in it''s wealthy neighbours shadow, yet again.[/quote]

Klug has only been back a couple of years and is having to start again pretty much. Already his work is coming good.

Teddy Bishop is already in the first team and looks quality easily glides past players and can pick a good pass. Clarke a young centre back is a man mountain and looks very good has been slowly getting more first team games.

A young lad Benyu is now breaking into matchday squads and agin is very similar to bishop looks very classy.

The real jewell in the crown is Andre Dozzel who every big club will want absolute years ahead of his age group, the only England U16 player not from one of the big clubs and he captains them.

Dozzel could well get snapped up by a bigger club but fingers crossed his dads love of Ipswich keeps him here.

The future is looking bright

[quote user="fatty man"] Makes me laugh when anyone from Norfolk tries to

abuse other peoples locations. Outside of Norfolk the place is a laughing stock

for being inbred. I went there once such an odd place never again . Norfolk

people are so backwards I felt like I was in a timewarp.[/quote]

Another binner who seems to be under the radar of the wannabe mods...

[quote user="fatty man"][quote user="Bob Down"] However, it is surely because Binner squad is so incredibly poor, shallow and talentless, so youngsters feel they have more chance of breaking in to squads later??That doesn''t seem to have helped Ben Wyatt, who hasn''t featured much with them and was only on a years contract. A quick glance at the u18 squad http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/under

-18s-profiles-2012-13-226676.aspxwill show that Klug is talking out of his backside (perhaps that''s the only language they understand in Suffolk) when he claims that They get all their players out of London. Which seems a bit odd as if Ipswich have the pick of all the local lads, then why are so few making it through ? Are they all useless or is the coaching system at Ipswich so inept? And if my memory serves me right did not Ipswich bring in players from Cumbria in the early 70''s.It looks like he is laying the ground for another failure to gain Cat 1 acadamy status, and blaiming it all on how unfair it all is. Something we never heard from them when the 90 min rule blocked our access to lads from London, whereas it didn''t with them. Just another case of the smaller club living in it''s wealthy neighbours shadow, yet again.[/quote]

Klug has only been back a couple of years and is having to start again pretty much. Already his work is coming good.

Teddy Bishop is already in the first team and looks quality easily glides past players and can pick a good pass. Clarke a young centre back is a man mountain and looks very good has been slowly getting more first team games.

A young lad Benyu is now breaking into matchday squads and agin is very similar to bishop looks very classy.

The real jewell in the crown is Andre Dozzel who every big club will want absolute years ahead of his age group, the only England U16 player not from one of the big clubs and he captains them.

Dozzel could well get snapped up by a bigger club but fingers crossed his dads love of Ipswich keeps him here.

The future is looking bright[/quote]The future isn''t looking bright though, is it?You''ll sell anything worth selling, and the cash will go straight into Evans'' back pocket.

[quote user="fatty man"][quote user="Bob Down"] However, it is surely because Binner squad is so incredibly poor, shallow and talentless, so youngsters feel they have more chance of breaking in to squads later??That doesn''t seem to have helped Ben Wyatt, who hasn''t featured much with them and was only on a years contract. A quick glance at the u18 squad http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/under

The future is looking bright[/quote]the same dad who loved Ipswich so much he Jumped at Spurs first opportunity he got?

[quote user="fatty man"]The future is looking bright[/quote]I can think of eighty six million reasons why it''s not...........

How can you think your future''s bright? Any promising youngsters you produce will be sold and that money will go straight to Evans. I absolutely love the fact we''re run like a co-operative, while our owners put nothing in, every spare penny we make is put into our playing budget, so if we did get someone poached we know for a fact the money will be re-invested, that isn''t the case for you lot. Evans pockets everything and decides on a whim how much of a budget you have, that to me, would be so depressing!

Our youngsters are out on loan because we have a big squad. The binners'' youngsters get in there first team because they haven''t got 2 pennies to rub together to make a decent sized squad. It''s as simple as that.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="fatty man"][quote user="Bob Down"] However, it is surely because Binner squad is so incredibly poor, shallow and talentless, so youngsters feel they have more chance of breaking in to squads later??That doesn''t seem to have helped Ben Wyatt, who hasn''t featured much with them and was only on a years contract. A quick glance at the u18 squad http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/under

The future is looking bright[/quote]The future isn''t looking bright though, is it?You''ll sell anything worth selling, and the cash will go straight into Evans'' back pocket.[/quote]

A very good point except the fact its not true! players have to be sold every so often to balance books but it was only last summer Evans stopped the transfer of McG to Leicester and Mings to Palace for 6million and 2 million . It now seems crazy we didn''t take the McG money but Evans didn''t want to sell

[quote user="fatty man"][quote user="morty"][quote user="fatty man"][quote user="Bob Down"] However, it is surely because Binner squad is so incredibly poor, shallow and talentless, so youngsters feel they have more chance of breaking in to squads later??That doesn''t seem to have helped Ben Wyatt, who hasn''t featured much with them and was only on a years contract. A quick glance at the u18 squad http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/under

The future is looking bright[/quote]The future isn''t looking bright though, is it?You''ll sell anything worth selling, and the cash will go straight into Evans'' back pocket.[/quote]

A very good point except the fact its not true! players have to be sold every so often to balance books but it was only last summer Evans stopped the transfer of McG to Leicester and Mings to Palace for 6million and 2 million . It now seems crazy we didn''t take the McG money but Evans didn''t want to sell[/quote]"Balance the books" being servicing the massive debt, that you owe to Evans.So really my point is pretty much correct.

Fattyman... maybe this will help you understand http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asset_strippinghave a read and see if it reminds you of any football club owners?

"Norwich spend a lot of money, and they’re doing it very well, but when their under-16s play us at Portman Road in the Hospital Cup next month you’ll see that they have a lot of London boys and we have more local lads."

"Local Lads" 0 "London Boys" 3