Your final top 6 in order?

I think the titles self explanatory, tough to call but -

1. Norwich

2. Bournemouth

3. Derby

4. Watford

5. Middlesbrough

6. Brentford

I''m picking us to win it, biased I know, but I do believe we''ll come through with flying colours. I genuinely believe that if the whole top 6 were playing to their ultimate potential we''d prove beyond all doubt that we have the best side, man for man, in this league. And Alex Neil has shown he can get us playing at our devastating best, with at times neat creative one touch football that has left many of the top 10 chasing shadows in games against us. If there was one criticism, it''d be that we do have a bad habit of ''downing tools'' against those that with all due respect we should be putting to the sword, given how we''ve comfortably dispatched many of the teams around us. I don''t expect AN to allow any complacency over the next 7 games however, and neither do I expect it from the players. It is pleasing to see Wes playing some of the best football of his career currently, and when he''s on fire, we very rarely lose. The title is ours for the taking if we can keep everyone for and focused. Bournemouth, I expect them to take 2nd given their run in but I''m not so sure Eddie Howe arranging a break in Dubai over the last week or so to be their wisest move - travelling to Ipshit on potentially a wet cold Friday upon their return might be a bit of a shock to the system I feel. It also remains to be seen if their players have what it takes when the going gets tough, I personally have serious doubts about that (though of course the same could be said with ours). Derby - simply, the return of Chrissy Martin I think will be very very telling and could make all the difference to them. Form and luck changes in football, and I''m going to hazard a guess they''ll come strong again but too late to challenge us or Bournemouth. Watford could finish anywhere in that top 6 but the reality is that they''ve simply not been good enough in general against teams around the top 6 this season and I believe that could cost them, especially as they''ve got a few 6 pointers coming up - they really could finish anywhere. Middlesbrough - good team and gave us a hiding at their place earlier in the season (which we will repay them, make no mistake), Bamford has been in superb form and although they''re very smart on the break, their real strength has been in defence. They''ve got, on paper, a horrible run in and unless they get things clicking at both ends consistently I can see them ending up just inside the top 6 - still, it''s imperative we beat them at Carrrow Rd on the 17th. Brentford - I have no doubts they''ll finish top 6. They can play, and importantly, grind out results too. Pritchard is going to be one hell of a player and they''ll need him fit if they want to advance through the playoffs, although they''re by no means a one man team - have particularly been impressed by their midfield this season.

My playoff winner will be Derby - but only on the strength that I expect them to improve with returning players like Chris M, and let''s face it, it''s normally the team that finishes strongly and with momentum that wins it. They''re not impressing me currently but before anyone makes their decisions, remember that there WILL be swings in form for 1 or 2 lucky (or unlucky) clubs.

Anyway, what I''m interested in is who would be your pics and why folks?.

Its a close one to say the least. This was my prediction on 14/03/15, so I am sticking by it.Bournemouth  Watford                 Derby NorwichMiddlesboroBrenford                1p5wichWo1ve5Our final 7 I have down as WWDLWWL If you want to look a few others that have done the same as me, check out this thread (click) [;)]

I thought I''d seen one TheRock, but to be honest what with getting that much closer to the finishing line and the forum killing international break, it made me wonder on fellow posters latest thoughts. And Mark, of course haha, but it wouldn''t surprise me in the slightest if we were all reevaluating our team placings hugely in as little as a week - yikes, 5 games to go!.

[quote user="Alex "]I thought I''d seen one TheRock, but to be honest what with getting that much closer to the finishing line and the forum killing international break, it made me wonder on fellow posters latest thoughts. And Mark, of course haha, but it wouldn''t surprise me in the slightest if we were all reevaluating our team placings hugely in as little as a week - yikes, 5 games to go!.[/quote]It doesn''t seem long ago that it was difficult to see past Boro and Derby, the pair of them seemed to be running away with the league.I''m not ruling out Bournmouth, they have been steady.I''ll stick my neck out and say we''ll finish second behind Bournmouth.

[quote user="DundeeFc"]Celtic Aberdeen Inverness Dundee utd St Johnstone Dundee... that''s my top six[/quote]

Why are you posting here?

Look what I found chaps ~ http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?Competition=2&submitform=Next

Bournemouth

Norwich

Watford

Boro

Derby

Wolves

Don''t see any signs of Bournemouth slowing down to be honest and they have the easiest run in so think they''ll win it. Very tight between us and Watford and could even be down to goal difference. Their defence is their weakness and could cost them an unexpected result somewhere. Trouble is the same could be said of us.

[quote user="DundeeFc"]Celtic Aberdeen Inverness Dundee utd St Johnstone Dundee... that''s my top six[/quote]

YYYYYYAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNN!!!!

one team in Scotland. Boring like you

Norwich

Ipswich

----------

Watford

Derby

Brentford

Wolves

Final places based on travel distance from Swaffham.

BournemouthWatfordMiddlesbroughNorwichDerbyBrentfordI''ll stick my neck out and predict a Brentford vs Norwich playoff final.

My biggest fear of the last 7 games is Fridays game, Brighton away. My reason for this is actually Hughton believe it or not. He undoubtably had a talent, and pretty decent record, in getting results for us against the leagues best performers, at the very least we rarely didn''t turn up in those games, and with him in charge against us on Friday I just hope my fears are unfounded. We need to be super up for this, no question. Part of me thinks he owes us for our ultimate relegation last season so here''s his big chance to help right that wrong ;) ;)

[quote user="Alex "]My biggest fear of the last 7 games is Fridays game, Brighton away. My reason for this is actually Hughton believe it or not. He undoubtably had a talent, and pretty decent record, in getting results for us against the leagues best performers, at the very least we rarely didn''t turn up in those games, and with him in charge against us on Friday I just hope my fears are unfounded. We need to be super up for this, no question. Part of me thinks he owes us for our ultimate relegation last season so here''s his big chance to help right that wrong ;) ;)[/quote]

His record at Brighton is remarkably similar to what it was at Norwich.Last ten games - Undefeated at homeFour 0-0''s or 1-1''s.Two narrow losses away 0-1, 1-2.Three home winsOne away win.

Looking through their match reports, they seem to struggle against a

high pressing game, but if the tempo drops they will threaten. This one will be a good one to put behind us, but at our best we should be too strong for them.

We''re looking to complete an 11 game unbeaten run where we can maybe afford to draw two

of our remaining games, else we need to win 6 out of 7 and not lose to Middlesbrough. The away

games are against sides where we''ve not won away in years or

otherwise have a poor record.So the omens don''t look very good to me, particularly with Fulham as our final fixture.

[quote user="Alex "]My biggest fear of the last 7 games is Fridays game, Brighton away. My reason for this is actually Hughton believe it or not. He undoubtably had a talent, and pretty decent record, in getting results for us against the leagues best performers, at the very least we rarely didn''t turn up in those games, and with him in charge against us on Friday I just hope my fears are unfounded. We need to be super up for this, no question. Part of me thinks he owes us for our ultimate relegation last season so here''s his big chance to help right that wrong ;) ;)[/quote]I don''t think it is that relevant, since we are talking about different divisions, but that wasn''t true last season. Hughton''s record against the top seven clubs was one win (Spurs at home), two draws (Everton and Man City at home) and seven defeats, some of them very heavy, producing a -20 goal difference.

[quote user="93vintage"]We''re looking to complete an 11 game unbeaten run where we can maybe afford to draw two

of our remaining games, else we need to win 6 out of 7 and not lose to Middlesbrough. The away

games are against sides where we''ve not won away in years or

otherwise have a poor record.So the omens don''t look very good to me, particularly with Fulham as our final fixture.[/quote]Not losing to Middlesboro is vital.Oddly I think we''ll be fine against Fulham this time.

BournemouthBoroNorwichDerbyBrentfordWolvesWatfordBinmenFor the sake of "Football" being the winner, I''d like to see Bournemouth win the title (obviously if we dont)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]BournemouthBoroNorwichDerbyBrentfordWolvesWatfordBinmenFor the sake of "Football" being the winner, I''d like to see Bournemouth win the title (obviously if we dont)[/quote]

Agreed that Bn''mth would be the ideal team to go up with us in many ways, but for the sake of next season, I would like us to go up with the weakest likely opponents for next season, which on paper is Ipsh*t, who we have a psychological advantage over.  I don''t think it will happen and agree with your list apart from number two and three which will imo depend on the match between us and them.  That, I believe will decide second and third place.  Win and we should get at least second place.

Living down here in Dorset near Bournemouth, I get to hear a lot of Cherries supporters views. They don''t tend to be very complimentary about us in general, so there''s no love in for AFCB from me - I''ll be quite happy to see all their ''supporters'' going back to following the Liverpool''s and Man U''s next season (which is exactly what''ll happen if they fail to get promoted this season). And I don''t believe they are as good a side as us on both our day, though granted they''ve shown a game or 2''s more consistency, and some good fluid play.

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=68850&posts=2

@Purple - fair point, though my point really is that Hughton orchestrated more points, or at least performances, against those teams that would be favourites to beat us than maybe expected by the neutral - and that''s why Fridays game concerns me, we know he can pull it out of the hat if we start out of the traps slowly and fail to compete. If we play our usual game I would expect us to beat them by a good couple of goals though.