Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Let's get behind the Tractor Boys.

It would be nice to see our teams playing the Old Farm Derby''s every year in the Prem. Let''s face it, you would have to be very hard hearted indeed, watching our neighbours struggling in the Championship without feeling a bit of sympathy for them. Like us, they have a very caring owner who pumps money into them every year so it''s only right he should see a return on some of his investment. Let''s face it, the only thing they can throw at us is their history and they probably would have been history if it wasn''t for Marcus Evans.And just like us, their very loyal fans will pack their stadium once again. It will be amazing to see a full house at Portman Rd when we play them again.Their entertaining up and under style will be an instant hit in the Prem and will remind Sky viewers of the great Wimbledon and Watford sides back in the day. None of this tikka takka rubish we''re used to watching, Mick has got their dainty style of hoofball down to a fine art.The TV money will mean they can upgrade their academy, perhaps buy their training ground back, and maybe even settle up with the St John''s ambulance.Let''s cheer them on for these last few games so the "Pride Of The East" title will actually mean something again.C''mon Ipswich. [8-|]

My last grain of sympathy I had for them went when the classless idiots of twitter lauded it over me when they were above us this season. Screw them.

[quote user="lappinitup"]It would be nice to see our teams playing the Old Farm Derby''s every year in the Prem. Let''s face it, you would have to be very hard hearted indeed, watching our neighbours struggling in the Championship without feeling a bit of sympathy for them. Like us, they have a very caring owner who pumps money into them every year so it''s only right he should see a return on some of his investment. Let''s face it, the only thing they can throw at us is their history and they probably would have been history if it wasn''t for Marcus Evans.And just like us, their very loyal fans will pack their stadium once again. It will be amazing to see a full house at Portman Rd when we play them again.Their entertaining up and under style will be an instant hit in the Prem and will remind Sky viewers of the great Wimbledon and Watford sides back in the day. None of this tikka takka rubish we''re used to watching, Mick has got their dainty style of hoofball down to a fine art.The TV money will mean they can upgrade their academy, perhaps buy their training ground back, and maybe even settle up with the St John''s ambulance.Let''s cheer them on for these last few games so the "Pride Of The East" title will actually mean something again.C''mon Ipswich. [8-|]

[/quote]

[url]http://www.carehome.co.uk/care_search_results.cfm/searchunitary/Norwich/searchchtype/alzheimers[/url]

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''m right behind them.  Next up for them - Bournemouth.   Peg them back and it will help us no end.

[/quote]

In light of there being two auto spots I think I would rather Bournemouth win and keep the Scum pegged back just in case we drop an odd point or two in the run in.

I thought the exact same thing as Bor when I read this Lapps.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]I''m right behind them.  Next up for them - Bournemouth.   Peg them back and it will help us no end.[/quote]

In light of there being two auto spots I think I would rather Bournemouth win and keep the Scum pegged back just in case we drop an odd point or two in the run in.

[/quote]

Can''t afford the risk.   If could easily be between us and Bn''mth for a top two spot and I would rather the Scum knock them back now to give us more encouragement to get to the top ourselves.   It doesn''t matter what happens below us - if any of them catch us up, we won''t have deserved the top spots anyway.

My dear friend, I didn''t realise you were so poorly, I trust you will be back to your normal self soon..............[;)]

If Bournemouth beat Ipsh*te, Middlesborough beat Wigan (likely), Watford beat Derby (unlikely, hopefully a scoreless draw ) and we beat Brighton, we''ll still only be three points off the top and two points off automatic promotion with 18 points to play for.

And I know for certain that our manager & players would garner no encouragement from having our/their local rivals breathing down our/their necks - it''d likely make them more anxious, so best put the scum out of the equation.

So here''s banking on all in my first paragraph and a comprehensive victory for Brentford away to Fulham.

Plus Forest putting Wolves late surge to a halt.

[quote user="lappinitup"]It would be nice to see our teams playing the Old Farm Derby''s every year in the Prem. Let''s face it, you would have to be very hard hearted indeed, watching our neighbours struggling in the Championship without feeling a bit of sympathy for them. Like us, they have a very caring owner who pumps money into them every year so it''s only right he should see a return on some of his investment. Let''s face it, the only thing they can throw at us is their history and they probably would have been history if it wasn''t for Marcus Evans.And just like us, their very loyal fans will pack their stadium once again. It will be amazing to see a full house at Portman Rd when we play them again.Their entertaining up and under style will be an instant hit in the Prem and will remind Sky viewers of the great Wimbledon and Watford sides back in the day. None of this tikka takka rubish we''re used to watching, Mick has got their dainty style of hoofball down to a fine art.The TV money will mean they can upgrade their academy, perhaps buy their training ground back, and maybe even settle up with the St John''s ambulance.Let''s cheer them on for these last few games so the "Pride Of The East" title will actually mean something again.C''mon Ipswich. [8-|]

[/quote]

And thanks for reeling ''em in, Lapps.lol.

Ipswich to beat Bournemouth (not impossible) Wigan to at least draw with Middlesbrough (it''s about time Wigan found their traditional late season form) and Derby to beat Watford please..... i.e. lets get all the teams above us to drop points, then if we take all three we''ll be 2nd to Bournemouth on goal difference.

Can someone start another thread, with all permutations and hopes, and leave this one to carry on in the vein it was intended..................

Back to the subject then.

It would certainly be good for football in this part of the country to have two teams in the Premiership. I can see no reason that it cannot happen at the end of this season.

We would have a bonus of six points

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Can someone start another thread, with all permutations and hopes, and leave this one to carry on in the vein it was intended..................[/quote]

You mean insincere, sarcastic and misleading? [:^)]

I have said before that I''d prefer to see us and Ipswich in the top division. And in the meantime, any result they get that helps us gain promotion is fine with me.

quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Can someone start another thread, with all permutations and hopes, and leave this one to carry on in the vein it was intended..................[/quote]

You mean insincere, sarcastic and misleading? [:^)]

[/quote

Two out of three wasn''t bad LDC

C''mon Ipswich.

Good luck in the play-offs Lappinitup, personally I hope your beloved Tractor Boys take one hell of a beating! OTBC