Now before I start this love fest, I''m a little biased to the Irish wizard.

Wes Hoolahan was absolute class today. He was the difference today. At the heart of every meaningful attack. Forget the class set up for the first goal and the class dispatch for the third, his run down the left in the second half where he beat three forest players was absolute quality.

He always wants the ball, and his touch is second to none. The forest players ran scared of him today. I don''t think he was tackled once. Amazing how he still divides opinion.

Other then Wessi, special mention to Bassong, tettey, Whittaker and dorrans who were all superb.

I reckon we''ll do it. I''ve never felt so confident as I did watching city today. Far too good for the forest.

Had to close my eyes when the little fella took the Pen, but when I peeked through my fingers I was relieved to see him smash it in, rather than try to chip the keeper as I''d feared.

Massive performance today, can pick a pass in a way that nobody else in our team can.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Had to close my eyes when the little fella took the Pen, but when I peeked through my fingers I was relieved to see him smash it in, rather than try to chip the keeper as I''d feared.

Massive performance today, can pick a pass in a way that nobody else in our team can.[/quote]

Agreed! Hoped it would be Jerome.... I was nerous when wes stepped up. But quality peno, dispatched with ease.

He was class vs Huddersfield too. Its a funny one as at times he looks far too good for this level. He does need the rest of the team ticking though. I felt at hudds we needed a better blend of wes based stuff, wing stuff with Redmond and lumping it forward to Jerome a bit more. We are sometimes scared of giving the ball away and that seems to me to be our weakness against sides of lesser ability.

Nice to see him enjoying playing. He''s playing well and working hard for the team. Top class player again, and doing it regularly.

At this level there are few better than him at doing what he does best no doubt, and despite my and many others frustration with him last season, I am delighted that he has once again become a key part of things at our "shitty little club"......and long may it continue!

As good as hes ever been recently. He needs to be motivated which AN has sorted and to play in a team that moves off the ball a lot which we (FINALLY!!!) do again now under AN, his time under Hughtons extremely rigid set up must have been awful! Even I''d have wanted to leave. Under Adams we threw men forwards but were still very static and relied heavily on wide players which again didn''t suit Wes. It''s awesome to have him at his best again because when he is he''s the best player in this league by far

To be fair if anythings been proven with Wes'' current fantastic form is that he only tends to give the ball away when the rest of the team are lacking movement.
With a much more fluid and flexible midfield and a hard working striker Hoolahan is probably in as good form as he''s ever been.
Those who thought he wasn''t good enough to build the team around have been proven wrong. When he''s on form like his now he''s undroppable and unplayable - and that doesn''t only apply to this league IMO.

[quote user="Shyster"]Great little player at this level, but needs to be offloaded if we go up - keep him if not.[/quote]
Not sure if he needs offloading. Regardless, he''s a good option to have in any league. Something different

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Shyster"]Great little player at this level, but needs to be offloaded if we go up - keep him if not.[/quote]

Clearly you lack an understanding of the game. What a ridiculous statement.[/quote]I''m certain you were here and involved in a discussion a couple of years back where it was decided I played and managed at a higher level than most at this forum.Memory loss?

He''s not only our best player, still, but he''s the best player in this division, and by quite some way.

Michael Bailey says it so much better than I can......."What is perhaps the greatest privilege in watching Wes Hoolahan play

for Norwich City, is the knowledge that long after his time at Carrow

Road is over, Canaries fans will be reminiscing about the mercurial

Irishman’s work in a yellow shirt.Those dribbles where the ball

seems attached to his left foot by string. The incisive passes that have

rightly earned reputation as a magician. The occasional blind alley.

Nutmegs on bemused opponents…And the longest serving current City

player who has two promotions and three years in the Premier League on

his CV. What price addingmore silverware before season number seven

comes to an end?"
Wes Hoolahan...a true Norwich City legend. [Y]http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/wes_hoolahan_is_still_weaving_is_wonderful_magic_spell_at_norwich_city_1_4004735

You beat me to it Lapps, was just going to post that article from Michael Bailey myself [:)] having put the link on twitter earlier.
Like you I''ve always had faith in Wes and his ability and have never wavered from my opinion that he''d be first on my team sheet every week.
Would love to know where all the fans are who said that he''s a luxury and difficult to accommodate in our team, yes he gives the ball away sometimes but the creative work and accurate passing he does on the pitch far outweigh the negatives.
Glad he didn''t leave when he got frustrated with Mr Hughton not playing him, Wes has always loved this club and the joy on his face when the goals went in on Saturday spoke volumes.

"Glad he didn''t leave when he got frustrated with Mr Hughton not playing him, Wes has always loved this club and the joy on his face when the goals went in on Saturday spoke volumes."

He looked like an eight year old spotting Santa''s bum appearing down the chimney.

Great to see him enjoying his footy, that''s when they are all at their best.😄

With Michael Bailey summarising it perfectly and Shyster suggesting we should off load him at the end of the season if we go up, I''m all confused, who is right, let me think ????? looking forward to the premier next season with the Irish magician in full flow.

[quote user="Shyster"]Great little player at this level, but needs to be offloaded if we go up - keep him if not.[/quote]

Oops.

Class again from Wes yesterday. Made two goals, and in general was unplayable.

Not bad for a one trick pony who''s too lightweight for this league, and can only be played at home.

Was a fantastic performance.

I can''t have been the only one who was annoyed that he didn''t get any praise on motd. Two fantastic assists which if they had been done by David Silva would have been talked about for half the analysis.

Those few months locked in Lincoln''s basement have done him the world of good.I thought his career was near it''s end but Aex has breathed new life into him and he plays like he is ten years younger. Keep it up Wes. Good to see him back.....

I think he is playing the best football we''ve seen from him. Still has the ability to make things happen going forward, still able to make the ball stick in a way other players can''t, yet now playing with the extra maturity and knowledge that only an experienced player can.

He''s a vital player for us and I hope he can carry on for a few more seasons yet!

As per usual, Wes is proving all his critics to be ... Wrong.

I was unsure if we would see him start away from home much this season but in his current form its really hard to drop him.

All Hail King Wes!!!

He is truely a Norwich City player that will live long in the memory.

He is awsome, two fantastic assists yesterday, he was everywhere.

If hazard had set two up like that we would never hear the of it.

Well I don''t mind his NCFCs little gem, more of that Wes!

You have had your doubters, prove em wrong!

Ian

Have always enjoyed watching Wes, the one player in the squad who can dictate the game. It''s great to see that the Manager recognises this and has made sure there are always runners around him so we get to see him at his best. It''s having those options for a ball that means we don''t have to see Wes turning in circles waiting for support. Still got a few years left in him too. How would we ever replace what he gives the team?