Sign in to follow this  
Maccys Back

thoughts on Alex Neil and OUR club

I hope he works out I really do after the last 18 dire months as a canary Its about time something came together for us. Bar the 2 freak results end of season before last this would be 30 months of 5hite we''ve had.

There''s lots of fans out there who have had worse for a lot longer admittedly HOWEVER during the Lambert era WE ALL thought that at last things had finally changed for the better, permanently. However when Lambert left it was as though he had never been here and the board appeared to not appreciate the harmony throughout the fans, players. They kept the clown on way way past his sell by date. Which shows that they just didn''t seem to notice how close we came to being relegated under Hughton because if they did then they would of got rid before season 2 under him or of had someone ready to come in straight away rather than allowing him to all but take us down anyway in the end.

The more I read about A.N the more im encouraged but it still is one hell of a risk. He does seem to be able to motivate which I think everyone will agree our players need. Under lambert these same players "ran through brick walls" 2and a half years later they have half the fitness a fraction of the concentration and look an absolute shadow of themselves. I for one hope Alex Neil manages to do what he''s done at Hamilton acc here I really do. If he can''t then I think it''s going to take a squad re-build as I doubt he''s going to be replaced for a while so long as we don''t get relegated. If we get promoted which we ALL want then he loses say 5 games in a row in the premier league will everyone turn on him straight away? Maybe he''s the one taking more risk than us, he could have a job forever at Hamilton acc and get CHAMPIONS LEAGUE football. There''s so many questions and no answers YET anyway

Huge gamble. And if this doesnt work then Mcnallys time must surely be up to. Its a huge gamble and i really hope it does pay off but i just think this is destined to go tits up.