Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

The managers "To do" list

So assuming Neil Alex find himself starting his job this afternoon, what are the first things he needs to sort out other than the usual meet and greet sort of stuff?

I''ll start with a few:

Call his mates Hendrie and Andreu and see if they want to come down and join the fun

Have a word with Bassong and get him back on board.

Have a word with E Bennett and get him back involved

Have a car come pick Becchio up and take him to Leeds. He''s a hero up there and I feel guilty about how we''ve treated him. We have better options now though.

Tell Russell Martin he''s playing right back this weekend.

run the players around mousehold until they are fit !

tell players twitter is banned so is going out in Norwich after a loss !

time for hard nosed manager time if they don''t like it say so now and we will sell them asap !

go down the pecking order at the club so if BJ is not playing well go to next cm if he doesn''t play well go to u21 until we find a player who plays well and finds form don''t keep with players and systems that are not working

Under Hughton we had no Plan B.

Under Adams we had plans A B C D E etc. with, apparently, no preferred system as it was changed so often.

First job - establish a preferred system for the team to play and get players in who can play it as, at the moment, we have half the players seemingly preferring 442 and half more suited to 4231.

Have options certainly but starting so many games with different systems has not helped us one little bit.

One slight shame about Adams going was that he had seemingly got the left hand side sorted for now with Johnno playing there.

I''m still unsure about Hooper as I saw him at Preston, i''d be inclined to give Grabban or Lafferty a run out next to Jerome.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Under Hughton we had no Plan B.

Under Adams we had plans A B C D E etc. with, apparently, no preferred system as it was changed so often.

First job - establish a preferred system for the team to play and get players in who can play it as, at the moment, we have half the players seemingly preferring 442 and half more suited to 4231.

Have options certainly but starting so many games with different systems has not helped us one little bit.[/quote]His prefered system is 4-1-3-13 offensive midfielders quickly supporting the attack.Right and Left backs bomb up and down the wings for 90 minutesNeeds a stiker that can hold up the ball

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]So assuming Neil Alex find himself starting his job this afternoon, what are the first things he needs to sort out other than the usual meet and greet sort of stuff?[/quote]His resignation, and then we can enjoy watching McNally and co rush off to ''scour Europe'' again and end up appointing someone like Kostadin Angelov based on his record in the Bulgarian league and his recent release from the managers job at Pirin Gotse Delchev...

[quote user="ACCIES"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]Under Hughton we had no Plan B.

Have options certainly but starting so many games with different systems has not helped us one little bit.[/quote]His prefered system is 4-1-3-13 offensive midfielders quickly supporting the attack.Right and Left backs bomb up and down the wings for 90 minutesNeeds a stiker that can hold up the ball[/quote].

So good manager, he only needs 9 outfield players!

dhickl wrote the following post at 08/01/2015 9:42 AM:

ACCIES wrote:
 Yellow Wall wrote:
Under Hughton we had no Plan B.

Have options certainly but starting so many games with different systems has not helped us one little bit.
His prefered system is 4-1-3-13 offensive midfielders quickly supporting the attack.Right and Left backs bomb up and down the wings for 90 minutesNeeds a stiker that can hold up the ball

So good manager, he only needs 9 outfield players!

Perhaps that''s where he went wrong!

Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 08/01/2015 9:36 AM:

One slight shame about Adams going was that he had seemingly got the left hand side sorted for now with Johnno playing there.

I''m still unsure about Hooper as I saw him at Preston, i''d be inclined to give Grabban or Lafferty a run out next to Jerome.

Jimmy you saw Hooper at Preston PLAYING UP FRONT ON HIS OWN. How many times have we seen that and how many times has it worked? If you are playing Jerome up front with somebody that must be Hooper. Grabban is by far our best striker if we are playing one up front. We still have not seen enough of Lafferty to really judge what he can do as he has never (?) played up front for us.

But we have played so many different formations this season that the players would surely have little confidence when it was changed again.

Agree with NFG, after seeing them at Preston there appear to be some serious fitness issues! [:O]

He could then down a bottle of Buckie or two, go completely radge and start booting some of their hopeless backsides...[8o|]

Apples 

Totally agree with the OP''s suggestions; however I''d also add the following :

1 - Shock treatment - Sell or sack/free transfer the first player to start whinging about something ridiculous and whose attitude is wrong (we know there are one or two of those around the club). Don''t care if we lose money on them - Make it damn well clear to the rest of them that if they''re not giving 100% every second of their time in a yellow shirt, they have no future at the club.

2 - Sell or loan out Lafferty (worst signing of the summer, has shown no reason he should be anywhere near the team); Whittaker (I dont care how many goals he scores, he''s a RB and he''s just not good enough for the championship in that position) and O''Neill (Just can''t see why we signed him - we have a ton of better players in his position, including some of the youngsters. I can only assume he was a mate of Adams.)

3 - Loan out as many of the youth cup winners as possible for the rest of the season - so much potential there, but we''re going to lose the lot of them if they aren''t playing regular competitive football for the next 2 years.

4 - Buy a genuine top-quality rightback. Spend big money if necessary. Get in someone really good with premiership or top-flight European experience, not a ''maybe-he''ll-do-OK-with-a-bit-of-luck'' player from Scotland or the lower leagues. We DO have the money to buy quality, and we don''t have the luxury of taking that risk.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Give his new holding midfielder, Alex Neil a five year £250,000 a week contract.

[/quote]

Haha, that''ll probably be a bug on football manager!