Sign in to follow this  
Crispy

Alex Neil straight into the first 11, bench or just the squad ?

So I am struggling to work out if Neil would strengthen our squad aside from being the manager.

By all accounts he''s been a consistent holding mid-fielder in Scotland and only usually plays the one. I wonder how Tettey and Johnson feel.

So my question is should he concentrate on being the manager with us or can he also bring something that''s missing to our midfield ?

As I understand it I don''t think he is intending to play much first team football if any at all.

I am more concerned about the future of Phelan now that its been confirmed AM is bringing in an Assistant Manager.

Can anyone enlighten me on this as I hope Phelan will stay as an integral part of the coaching set up.

If Phelan goes this farce will go from bad to worse. Hope you''re wrong.

Dead right re Phelan, he is coach. Have we actually had it confirmed Neil is bringing an AM? It did read as such from the pinkun story about him saying goodbye to the Hamilton players, but that could just be that the story was clumsily written.

I''m pretty sure that''s right, Holt is the assistant manager, Phelan the head coach.

I feel for Holt if anybody, leaving a management role to assist Neyul.

Hopefully David McNally can see Phelan''s pedigree and mentioned during interviews for the manager role asked the question:

Are you happy to work alongside Phelan? .... and expect a yes.

Nope Branston defo AM coming with him.

Thanks for the replies chaps, I didn''t realise Holt is our current AM so it seems that MP will stay which is reassuring

Cannot see any way Phelan will stay if he did apply for the managers job , if he did not then no problems as long as the new man wants him as part of the set up .

am sure NCFC would be pretty transparent with Phelan when he joined out about a possible plan B ... Eg. Neil Adams leaving.

I fully expect him to stay.

Anyway anybody have comments about the topic I started :-P