Sign in to follow this  
ACCIES

Articles on Alex Neil and Accies in General

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/bassett-has-sweet-words-of-advice-for-his-protege.25998786

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/david-mccarthy-forget-commonwealth-games-4932047

nice article on alex from the herald last year.

plus a good article from todays daily record on Accies.

[quote user="ACCIES"]http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/bassett-has-sweet-words-of-advice-for-his-protege.25998786

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/david-mccarthy-forget-commonwealth-games-4932047

nice article on alex from the herald last year.

plus a good article from todays daily record on Accies.[/quote]

heres coverage of the game that got us promoted last season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wr4x-QVy4A

We''re obviously going to start to be linked with Tony Andreu if he gets the job here. I''ve been watching a lot of Hamiltons highlights to get an idea of how they played. (No offense!) The standard looked roughly top of League 1/bottom Championship in terms of defending, organisation, passing, individual skill etc

So I was wondering Accies fans is he excelling at that level and looking too good or is he just looking comfortable at that level and scoring goals? Hopefully Neil will get us up this year, from what I''ve read he seems an absolute gem so do you think after half a season adjusting in the Championship Andreu is good enough for the top level?

We need a replacement for Hoolahan and it would be nice if this guy could be it!

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]*after half a season adjusting in the Championship with us COULD he be good enough for the top level?[/quote]

Andreu is a star at SPL level, he''s the top scorer, which is some going from midfield.

Like most continental players he''s very skilful, has soft feet and can control the ball coming from any angle. He''s the one player we don''t want to lose.

Hes 26, so no spring chicken.

Ive witnessed the development of james McCarthy from a 15 year old in the first team, and James McArthur from a 17 year old. They are doing pretty well at the top level. From what I''ve seen Andreu will be able to cut it at a much higher level.

Please don''t take him too

[quote user="ACCIES"][quote user="Darth Catbeard"]*after half a season adjusting in the Championship with us COULD he be good enough for the top level?[/quote]

Andreu is a star at SPL level, he''s the top scorer, which is some going from midfield.

Like most continental players he''s very skilful, has soft feet and can control the ball coming from any angle. He''s the one player we don''t want to lose.

Ive witnessed the development of james McCarthy from a 15 year old in the first team, and James McArthur from a 17 year old. They are doing pretty well at the top level. From what I''ve seen Andreu will be able to cut it at a much higher level.

Please don''t take him too[/quote]Stephen Hendrie could be a good signing too – only 20, being tracked by Celtic and EPL clubs. He''s a left back, so if Garrido leaves he could offer competition for Olsson and perhaps allow Olsson to fill the gap where a natural LM should be.Accies, just wondering – what is Neil''s preferred formation, and does he tend to shift formations or is he quite rigid?

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="ACCIES"][quote user="Darth Catbeard"]*after half a season adjusting in the Championship with us COULD he be good enough for the top level?[/quote]

Please don''t take him too[/quote]Stephen Hendrie could be a good signing too – only 20, being tracked by Celtic and EPL clubs. He''s a left back, so if Garrido leaves he could offer competition for Olsson and perhaps allow Olsson to fill the gap where a natural LM should be.Accies, just wondering – what is Neil''s preferred formation, and does he tend to shift formations or is he quite rigid?[/quote]Currently he plays 2 centre backs, with the right and left full backs supporting the attack when they can.He plays a holding midfielder in front of the defence (normally himself) to break up play and help the defence.There are generally 4 midfielders, in a diamond shape. The foremost midfielder is Andreu, who sits just behind a single front man.I can see him taking Andreu with him. I''m not too sure about Hendrie though, he went off form badly for a while but is comign back to his best. Not sure he woudl be up to Championship level yet. Most Accies fans are amazed at the transfer fee being banded about for Hendrie

Thanks for the assessment but I wouldn''t be too worried about us poaching all of your talent. We have a huge squad already with a FA youth cup winning side pushing them in the reserves, we badly need an attacking midfielder though so that''s why I think we''ll go for Andreu now.

I don''t want to sound patronising here but I don''t think Neil will forget about you lot, the SPL is a good level and we have some excellent youngsters like Jacob Murphey and Connor McGrandles who could be exceptional at that level and others like Harry Tofflio, Cameron McGeehan and Jamar Loza who I''m sure could be decent at that level so you could expect some very exciting young (ish) players coming your way on loan.

We just can''t afford to blood them atm with us desperately needing to get back up this year even though they''re all probablly very close to Championship level already

Some interesting comments on Accies World forum too

http://www.acciesworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=112

My fellow fan has covered it all well. Worth pointing out that Andreu missed the first three games of the season through injury and yet is still second top scorer in league, behind Adam Rooney with 14, from a midfield position. Scorer of some stunning goals, many last season were not filmed. Check out his injury time piledriver in the 3-3 draw with Partick if you haven''t already.

Hendrie is a strange one. His form did fade away badly, after debuting as a 16 year old who played like someone years older. A regular now for Scotland U21s yet many Accies fans will tell you that our other full back, Ziggy Gordon, is the better player. He has always been overlooked for international honours, sometimes in favour of Celtic reserves who have never got near the first team. Hendrie is perhaps better in the opponents half, sends over a great cross and one of these days will score a worldy with his sweet left foot. Over 100 apps for first team at age of 19, another Alex Neil legacy!