Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy gossip

So the manager is Alex Neil...What does that include?

Firstly, welcome Alex to the club, full support from me and I do feel that this was a thought out decision.

The facts show that he is tactically sorted, 56% win rate as a manager. Promoted and a good standing in the Scottish premier league and even playing the odd game while managing!

What will his role be though?? he will obviously pick the team, the formation, and the tactics. But will he have a holding on transfers?

If he is in charge of transfer?

Neil is coming from the equivalent of the English League One, he is relatively new to the managerial side of things and his player knowledge is going to be limited to that of the Scottish leagues. It will be the first time he will have had an actual transfer budget, will he struggle with negotiations or over pay? Will he be able to understand what level of quality is required for this league or will he bring in some Hamilton players who may/may not be up to standard? Will other teams take advantage of him when asking for money?

If he isn''t in charge if the ingoing/outgoings, will it be down to McNally? and will this conflict with the way which Neil wants to take the club? If this is the case, what is the role of phelan?

In my opinion, and from what I know how McNally works, he will want to be in control of the transfers and at an early stage (especially during the Jan window) I would consider this to be the best outcome and allow Neil to take control of tactical side of things. Neil needs to create a philosophy and stamp his authority on the team, I believe he can do this but needs to focus on this at such an important time of the season.

what do you think?

@jeremygossip

My understanding is it''s the manager that identifies targets, but they don''t get involved in transfer negotiations. Thought that was McNally''s role.Yes Hamilton are from Scotland, and yes NCFC have a bigger stadium, bigger transfer budget, better league etc etc. The way I see it, is he''s taking over the ropes of a small team, and transformed them into title contenders. So he can motivate and successfully got them promoted. He''s then  replicated that a season later, at a higher level.Possibly similar to Lambert in being able to get best out of players? Time will tell