Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

Will the little lady go for it?

Great article in Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2771546/Alex-Neil-s-managerial-success-nine-years-making-looks-build-Hamilton-s-superb-start-season.html) about what great potential Alex Neil has as a manager, but a couple of sentences had me worried....

‘It wasn’t my intention to come back here. I wanted to stay in England but my girlfriend at the time – who’s now my wife - was desperate to get back up the road.

‘I certainly never thought I’d be here for nine or 10 years. Sometimes you just find a home. Billy Reid was a huge help to me – it helped settle my life down in general."

Are we in for another Lambert type situation where SWMBO can''t settle South of Hadrian''s wall?

As my old boss used to say "A woman can pull you further than dynamite can blow you"

the money her hubbie will be earning will put her in a different light ,

shopping in Norwich is quite good and flights to Edinburgh are daily ,

hubbie will be on about 5 times what he is getting now house will be bigger car will be better I am sure she will settle in quite nicely !

[quote user="norfolkngood"]the money her hubbie will be earning will put her in a different light ,

shopping in Norwich is quite good and flights to Edinburgh are daily ,

hubbie will be on about 5 times what he is getting now house will be bigger car will be better I am sure she will settle in quite nicely ![/quote]

just wondering how you know he will be on 5 times as much???

numbers are a guess jas but someone rumoured NA was on 30 k ( which I don''t believe )

so I guessed that he is on say 2k a week where he is now

one of their fans said yesterday that they are conference money so that''s very good conference money for a manager

now to manage Norwich you must say want at least 10 k a week wouldn''t you ?

all guess work I know 2+2 = 5 and all that

reasonable assumptions.

perhaps we could offer him less in his first year (low risk) and various bonuses or clauses tied into the "transfer fee" paid to the Accies... if he proves any good then we would surely pay him more in line year 2.

She will probably decide to come to help further her husband''s career, perhaps reluctantly. But bad results or failure to achieve promotion could mean she follows her husband back to Scotland after only a few months.