Sign in to follow this  
Hallstar1902

Post Bournemouth Fears

This has probably been mentioned already, but my night has been spent trying to log into this site and creating a new account rather than actually reading posts.

As we know its looking highly likely that tomorrow will see Alex Neil take the reins at Carrow Road, which is already bringing mixed views.

I''m feeling positive about this, as he''s very highly talked of, young, and could even thrive working with someone like Phelan (if the backroom staff doesn''t change).

My message however to all you negative people is this:

We''re about to play a team top of the league and in form at the moment. Away from home. So if Mr Neil does step in ready for Saturday''s game (unlikely considering MP will have been preparing for the game all week), please don''t jump straight on his back. As we all know, it takes time for a manager to get to know a squad, and put his stamp on the team. But I fear that they''ll be fans out there that can''t wait to post a "We Told You So" thread.

I''m sure some of them are about to have a moan at me below.

Two minor points, Phelan is in charge for Saturdays game(as you alluded to) and Alex Neil is bringing his own assistant with him. Where Phelan fits in is anybodys guess.

Anyone drawing conclusions and throwing stones before March will be a fool.

Neil will need time to entrench his philosophy and settle on his best team. Any fan wanting Adams out (myself included) has to stomach this consequence of a mid season change of staff.

Time may well be precious in this league but any new guy deserves at least a short period of absolute patience.

Inch High aka Inchy.. wrote the following post at 08/01/2015 8:11 PM:

Two minor points, Phelan is in charge for Saturdays game(as you alluded to) and Alex Neil is bringing his own assistant with him. Where Phelan fits in is anybodys guess.

Has it been said his assistant is coming with him? Seems Hamilton appoint from within so maybe in line for the managers job there.

How people can be critical of this appointment when most of them applauded and expressed excitement at the appointment(s) of Adams, beggars belief.

Granted, the new man does not have the benefit of those commentary years, sitting beside dear old Roy Waller and Chris Goreham. But by this early age, he has demonstrated an ability to put together and organise a team that has become successful. Every appointment is a gamble, there are no guarantees but this time, unlike the last, I feel there are factors which should generate optimism.

I think the Bournmouth game is an interesting one now. Surely the players will be going all out to impress the new guy, their career with Norwich may depend on it. Will we see some passion and commitment? They may actually get stuck in and, if they play to their abilities, may just come away with three points. OTBC!!!