Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

From Hamilton to Norwich The Difference !

imagine you were AN imagine the difference as you were shown around the ground ,the wages and training ground

we are talking about someone who is coming from a conference set up to our club

he must feel like all his Christmas''s have come at once !!!!!!!!!!

2000 crowds to 26000

I would say he ( a guess ) on about 1.5 k a week were he is now say ( a guess ) 10 k a week

his top player at Hamilton say 2 k a week

here 20 k

transfer budget again he is used to spending peanuts now could be millions !

everything here is massive to what he has seen the last few years

total change of life for him

for a bit of fun what other differences can you think of that he will find in such a massive step up

Its a game of 11 men against 11, chasing a ball around a pre defined area.

Management is about organising your 11 so that they are better as a team than their individual talents, understand instinctively how they operate as a fluid unit and what their individual role and responsibility in that unit is and motivating them to genuinely give 100% for the full match. That applies to every level.

Yes the differences are clear, but so are the similarities

Dont knwo what his wages are / will be but adams as a newbie was reportedly on c£30kpw

Yep, an interesting combo if MP stays, i''d say that would be a major difference from being with the Accies, having a No 2 that a lot of Clubs would be happy with as their No 1.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]If he teams up with Phelan as No2 the two, with their respective and contrastive backgrounds) may form a most inriguing and hopefully inspiring tandem. :)[/quote]

This is the wording I have been looking for all day!! A bloody good point well made sir

I''m not so worried about the step up in scale that Neil will need to swallow I''m more concerned that he has made his reputation fielding youngsters that he''s moulded for years and that he has never managed through a tough spell yet. The circumstances at NCFC are very different in those respects.

Despite this I''m unexplainably excited by this appointment and wish him all the best.

Can''t believe Alex Neil would join a small club in a small league .he should stay in Scotland .the standard of the English championship is poor .bourmouth fc who are they ?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Its a game of 11 men against 11, chasing a ball around a pre defined area.

Management is about organising your 11 so that they are better as a team than their individual talents, understand instinctively how they operate as a fluid unit and what their individual role and responsibility in that unit is and motivating them to genuinely give 100% for the full match. That applies to every level.

Dont knwo what his wages are / will be but adams as a newbie was reportedly on c£30kpw[/quote]That surely applied to Adams and his U18 squad. Of course, he did an amazing job with them, i wouldn''t argue about that but it didn''t quite translate to the first team squad. Maybe he was flattered with the U18s with the two Murpheys and someone else who I can''t remember.

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Its a game of 11 men against 11, chasing a ball around a pre defined area.

Dont knwo what his wages are / will be but adams as a newbie was reportedly on c£30kpw[/quote]That surely applied to Adams and his U18 squad. Of course, he did an amazing job with them, i wouldn''t argue about that but it didn''t quite translate to the first team squad. Maybe he was flattered with the U18s with the two Murpheys and someone else who I can''t remember.[/quote]

The difference being that was a bunch of under 18s playing another bunch of naieve, still learning under 18s, which is somewhat different to what we''re asking AN to do.

At least AN has some experience of managing a squad of players that have been through puberty.