Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Team for Saturday

Well this will be exciting. It will tell a lot about what Neil has planned. I''m thinking:

Ruddy, Martin, Bennett, Bassong, Olsson, Redmond, Tettey, Howson, Johnson, Grabban, Jerome in a 4-4-2 Johnno continuing his good form on the left, everyone else where you''d expect.

I''m sure I heard someone suggest that he likes to play a 4-2-3-1 formation (could be utter nonsense), and with his previous focus on youth, I wonder if something like this isn''t out of the question...:                            Ruddy     E.Bennett, R.Bennett, Miguel, Olsson                     Tettey, Johnson            Redmond, Howson , Murphy                           Jerome

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]I''m sure I heard someone suggest that he likes to play a 4-2-3-1 formation (could be utter nonsense), and with his previous focus on youth, I wonder if something like this isn''t out of the question...:                            Ruddy     E.Bennett, R.Bennett, Miguel, Olsson                     Tettey, Johnson            Redmond, Howson , Murphy                           Jerome[/quote]You''d put a winger at RB rather than Russell Martin?Really? [:S]

I''ve heard that he does like to play young players - would not be surprised if Murphy starts.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]What, no Alex Neil? I do wonder if/how much he''ll play himself if he is indeed coming as player/manager.[/quote]

Supersub obviously. If we''re 0-0 and Howson is playing as bad as he did versus Preston (note the first time i''ve criticised him since he joined) then Neil will be seen uttering the words "f**k this s**t" and come on and either get sent off or score the winner!

One of the most interesting things for me will be if Bassong is brought back into the fold.

What we''ve heard is only rumours so far. Let''s not forget he was once the best CB we''d ever had in recent times and is probably still our best CB. Interesting to see as he''s back tomorrow.

cant see neil having any say in this weekends team - will all be phelan and holts work.

as you were I suspect

Bassong was, to be polite, poor most of his second season with us. He then threw his toys out of the pram when Hughton was sacked and insulted our new manager, chosen by our board. I would hope Neill has a good long look at him and his attitude before letting him anywhere near the squad.

having played week in/week out for Watford fr the last 3 months,fitness isn''t an issue any longer with Bassong.

Frankly, he should be coming straight back into our team on Saturday, and if he''s refusing to play for any reason....not liking the manager etc , then he should be sacked on the spot for gross misconduct, no excuses.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]  I wonder if something like this isn''t out of the question...:

Ruddy

E.Bennett, R.Bennett, Miguel, Olsson

[/quote]

That defence is out of the question.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Bassong was, to be polite, poor most of his second season with us.  [/quote]

He wasn''t as good as the first season but others were worse.

And nobody has played this season like we''re better off without him.

I''m not saying don''t play him ever, just make sure what we going to get, both in terms of performance and attitude, before picking him.

But I think this is probably like telling Mr Neil to suck eggs - from what we''ve heard so far, it seems he rates spirit and commitment very highly.

Whilst they are employees and could be told to suck it up, I would suggest that the rest of the squad would be vehemently against SB playing again for Norwich. A change in manager would not change this, if of course it was the case.

Couple of points:

Phelan will take charge saturday I full expect Neil to be given the job after that game.

He''s said himself he will be joining Norwich as a manager only and not a player.

With regards to young players. Hamilton seem to rely heavily on youth due to the fact they have a tiny budget, however if he believes youth players are good enough and he has the faith then let''s see them. Personally I think given the option to sign his own players With the desired quality now he will do.

I think phelan will opt for:

Ruddy

Whittaker martin cuellar olsson

Tettey Howson Johnson redmond

Hooper jerome

Personally I would select:

Ruddy

Whittaker turner bennett olsson

E bennett Johnson Tettey redmond

Howson

Jerome

Phelan will select the team for this weekends game at Bournemouth and that, in itself, might reveal one or two things about our problems under Adams. Got a feeling that one or two will be brought back into the fold and our formation will be well suited to getting something.

Interestingly, if us and Derby win, the gap will be down to just 8 points. Not insurmountable. But please note the "if"!

Ooops, so they are, still a bloody horrible thought though, them top of the league (even if its for a few hours), we''ll actually be doing them a favour if we beat Bournemouth, irrespective of their result!!

Naturally I want the 3 points despite all of that.