Sign in to follow this  
smooth

So if Neil is announced he needs to starts winning straight away

That''s is what we expect and need

Some great posts on here. I think expectations are still of promotion, he can get away with play offs this year. Whether or not we will all be happy is another thing, personally I wanted top two and playing so many games it is very possible if we get players playing, new blood and we beat those teams above us. They will all take points off each other but we need a run.

And if Neil is appointed that is it, he needs a few wins on the bounce. We need a run of results now to put us in the right position.

I think we need a centre half, left sided midfielder and Central midfielder ASAP. All starters. He needs to work with Phelan from the moment he is announced, he needs mcnally getting the offers in and so we can bring quality in.

I still believe VOO will be a star and when he is fit he can fit maybe one of these positions but we need to be playing with the purpose, not arrogance, that we can get an automatic promotion position.

He needs to lift a bunch of championship players to be premiership bound. He has Phelan and I hope he keeps him as I believe he can really develop.

I do not like the lottery of the play offs but that is a bare minimum. It may all be obvious but he will be given time by norwich fans reluctantly we are aware that a few more losses now and we are in a pickle. So wins are needed, playing for draws does not help either, time to move forward and show some real purpose.

He is in a great position really. If we lose, it was against the league leaders, he''s still finding his feet, oh well on to the next one.

To win, hes a hero!

To draw, not a bad start!

I think Mourinho would struggle to make the top two from our position even if we bunged him £10m to spend in the window. It''s a big ask for the new manager to get us into a playoff position with Wolves and Blackburn breathing down our necks.I''ll look to see what happens with our transfer dealings before writing off our playoff chances completely. One or two big players could leave and we''re probably not going to be spending big.

Phelan will be in charge for Saturdays game.

He''s coming in at a great time really. Just before the Bournemouth game which Phelan will be taking care of, so he''ll be able to watch that and see us play, speak with Phelan and the coaches, and then has us for a full week of training prior to two back-to-back home games, which are undoubtedly huge.I''m looking forward to the ride, and am optimistic of it being a good one. To those heading for Bournemouth on Saturday, enjoy it and sing yourselves hoarse, and bring on a fortress Carrow Road for the following two games, when we can all get behind the new manager and the players from the off.

This match versus Bournemouth may be our last realistic punt at a drive at the top 2. We could be 7 points or 13 points behind the top two come the end of the weekends matches.

Norwich fans are so expectant...

The guy hasn''t even taken the job yet and you''re already demanding he must win from the word go...

Promotion to the premier league isn''t all that. Yes, from a business/money point of view YES it''s the mecca every club aims for, but in reality a team like Norwich are bloody boring to watch in the premier league. From an entertainment point of view, i''d rather we didn''t go up anyway... The championship is more fun and we stand more of a chance of winning games, rather than just making up numbers in the PL.

Jimmy you are spot on

The game at Bournemouth is big, players need to prove themselves, some may want to leave, some may want to stay and Phelan may want to show that he had a different view to adams. I am certain he does.

It is a huge game where we can use the 6point scenario, that is how we have to be we have to beat those above us right now. We don''t have time to settle in and have a few losses and we will struggle this season.

Lewis I will be very surprised if the majority of fans will not be expecting us to at least make the playoffs, sorry in that scenario I want us to win it. Our aim is premier league football

For me Neil does not have time to settle in and find his feet, not that it means he has pressure he will be our manager for the next 18month unless it goes very sour. But he has to start winning to get the team on the right track for this season. This is our best chance to get up, put us in. Great financial position, appeal to new investors, improve our youth team structure, facilities and playing staff. That is why the premier league is so important.

Hence I believe philanthropy is valuable to us and Neil, to let him go will be a mistake.

Regardless of who the manager is automatic promotion is at this stage of the season highly doubful. If we lose on saturday then and some of the other pack win then we are looking at about 12 point gap from the top 2 so play offs looks to be the best bet. That said if we win and it is quite possible if our talented squad decide to turn up to this game then it could be the start of some momentum

If promotion to the PL isn''t the aim then what''s the point?

There''s no reason we can''t have a good time in the premiership. Look at Swansea, Southampton, Hull, Stoke. It''s only the usual top 6 or 7 that are ahead of the pack in terms of finances and fans.

You would hope so hallstar. Phelan too will also want to impress with prep etc.

Whether the players are yet to fully appreciate a change is coming from their current laissez faire world is another matter altogether - they get paid irregardless and are happy to leave they are dropped.

according to the interview AN gave that''s on the NCFC youtube channel, he''s looking to bring his current Asst. Manager down with him, but Phelan and Holt are very much part of the plans and should be staying.