Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Confirmed....

[quote user="lharman7"]Sorry but I''m disgusted by his appointment. It''s another uninspiring decision by our board![/quote]

Get a grip, what a ridiculous miserable comment. He could not possibly have wished to achieve more in his first job. What he has done is remarkable

[quote user="lharman7"]Sorry but I''m disgusted by his appointment. It''s another uninspiring decision by our board![/quote]

So you are not going to get behind him because you don''t agree with his appointment?

He has my backing, think this may be inspired, and if its not, rather we tried than got in someone like Warnock.

Bravo for a gutsy decision all round. Not gone for the easier options but found a man to take us forward with drive, ambition and passion (but no personal links to the club - hooray). A brave but calculated business decision.

Bring it on...

Great! Ballsy decision by the board, better to go with someone potentially brilliant than some journeyman ''name'' we know is going to be average!

Pleased with this

this is the kind of manager we should be looking to appoint... done very well with a tiny club and a tiny budget (SPL quality apart.. Hamilton should have been bottom and out of site)...

at any level of football that''s good.

hopefully he can do well here.

I wonder what would have happened if an appointment like this had been made last May ?I know it''s early days and we will see how things pan out over the rest of the day, but contrast the tone of this (and no doubt similar) threads to the ones on here in the immediate aftermath of Adams''s appointment. Then  there was a huge feeling of underwhelmement. But, L Harman aside, so far the tone is one of guarded optimism and excitement.OK, there will be those who say everyone is clutching at straws in an ''anyone but Adams'' show of solidarity, but I do believe that this difference in tone augurs well for the Alex Neil rĂ©gime.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]Great! Ballsy decision by the board, better to go with someone potentially brilliant than some journeyman ''name'' we know is going to be average!

Pleased with this[/quote]

Yep, All In.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]OK, there will be those who say everyone is clutching at straws in an ''anyone but Adams'' show of solidarity, but I do believe that this difference in tone augurs well for the Alex Neil régime.[/quote]

For eighteen months on here it seemed like there was an atmosphere of "anyone but Hughton".......then we got anyone but Hughton........and pretty quickly it went to "anyone but Adams".......but I agree that the tone is different this time.  

Its a bit like getting a young player who has taken to being in the first team like a duck to water and is obviously "the business".   In football management terms, it is clear  that this man is "the business".    The only thing he needs is to continue his way of doing things, albeit at a higher level.  The worst thing he could do is try and change in some way because he is coming to a bigger club.   He will need to be true to himself, ignore anyone who says we have to be more attacking, or more defensive, or doing things the "Norwich way".   He simply needs to buckle down and get on with sorting our dubious mix of players into a McCarthy like competitive force.  He looks the sort that could do it.  Good luck to him!

I have absolutely no idea how this is going to turn out...but it will be exciting to see. I can''t influence what goes on at the Club (only provide a degree of motivational support from the stands) so I''m content to sit back and enjoy the ride, whichever way it takes us.

Good luck, Alex. Welcome on board.