Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

canary call shaun

seems like along time ago now but was only 5 days ago, i can''t dismiss the idea that the call from the big fella contributed to adams being on his way and now we are thinking outside the box just like he said we should...

[quote user="im spartacus"]seems like along time ago now but was only 5 days ago, i can''t dismiss the idea that the call from the big fella contributed to adams being on his way and now we are thinking outside the box just like he said we should...[/quote]He won''t forgive me for this but..........http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1811055/ShowPost.aspxHe''s not always right. [:D][um][st]  [<:o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="im spartacus"]seems like along time ago now but was only 5 days ago, i can''t dismiss the idea that the call from the big fella contributed to adams being on his way and now we are thinking outside the box just like he said we should...[/quote]He won''t forgive me for this but..........http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1811055/ShowPost.aspxHe''s not always right. [:D][um][st]  [<:o)][/quote]No, but this poster seems to have nailed it:Fans often say that choosing a new manager is not rocket science.

They''re right, but not in the way they mean. If it WAS a science it

would be easy. It would be possible to know if someone was a good or a

bad choice.In reality all directors can do is take an educated

guess. Even with a manager with a fantastic track record there is no

guarantee they will do well at a particular club. Paul Jewell should

have succeeded at Derby (back in the Championship). He was a disaster.As for our choice I had the following criteria:1. Someone with a track record as a manager. Not someone who had only been a coach.2.

Someone with some record of success, even if there was a failure or two

as well, providing the failures were explicable and understandable.3. Tactical nous.4. Youth (comparitive youth, at least) and ambition.Lambert fulfils those criteria. Others (such as Boothroyd and Robins) would have done too. We shall see.

Thebigfella seemed more optimistic than most fans were on lamberts appointment, including myself.

I too was hankering for one of the names at the time, most of whom went on to be failures at other clubs.

This time I''m prepared to accept I dont know anything about which manager will work and get behind AN.

Guess that''s the point, no one knows how the next or any manager will work out, including them.

All we can do as fans is get behind whoever gets given the job and we have to hope that it turns out for the best.

There are many clubs who have taken managers on board thinking they would be great and they turned out to be hopeless, and on the flip side there are many that have been the opposite.

I''ll get behind AN if it turns out to be him and I hope he gets the boys motivated like he seems to have done at Hamilton, that is one area we haven''t had since Lamber left, like him or loathe him, he certainly motivated the team to play!

What''s interesting on that thread is the managers we put forward. Has Darren Ferguson up and come yet? Is Mark Robins really the special one? Heck I even remember putting forward Calderwood''s name for one of our past vacancies! And what happened to Wiz''s perrenial favourite Steve Tilson?! As posters we''d have the worst record at appointing managers and we only have to come up with a name!! :)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]What''s interesting on that thread is the managers we put forward. Has Darren Ferguson up and come yet? Is Mark Robins really the special one? Heck I even remember putting forward Calderwood''s name for one of our past vacancies! And what happened to Wiz''s perrenial favourite Steve Tilson?! As posters we''d have the worst record at appointing managers and we only have to come up with a name!! :)[/quote]And another of my possible picks,[:$] nutty, in Boothroyd, who had done a brilliant job at Watford and was available, but whose career since has been pretty ordinary.

Hands up, i also used to push for Tilson when he was at Southend.

It''s funny just re reading that post from Shaun in 2009 when lambert was appointed a lot of the same points are being raised now.

I think that shows that we need to give some one like AN a chance