Sign in to follow this  
Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd

So what will be the reaction today ?

i know that AN is not really in control for today''s game ,, but do you think that this weeks appointment will produce a reaction in a positive way from our players ?

Or will some see it as their days being numbered now , about to feel the result of some mediocre , or at best very inconsistent performances and give up , like some have seemed to during games this season ?

Do you think that AN has players in mind already that he would like to bring in ,, or has his appointment been more of a surprise to him than most of us , and therefore has no idea what we are lacking ?

I think from a supporters point of view, we''ve got to be realistic and expect that Bournemouth will probably win the game today. We''re away from home against an excellent side, playing with confidence and who understand what is required from each them. Whilst we have a talented group of players we do look a little bit lost and low on confidence at the moment. Until Neil is able to put his own stamp on things I can''t see that radically changing in the immeadiate short term. However, hopefully the players show enough signs today that a play off push is still a very realistic. Privately, I think the board would be absolutely delighted now if we snuck into the top 6 and I think given how the season has gone so far I would be too. The players will ''up'' for this today though. They''ll be aware that there is a transfer window open and that Neil is going to have to make some snap decisions over recruitment that he might not otherwise have made. However, the only transfer targets I would imagine he has in mind at present would be players from his old club whom he thinks could improve us. I''ve not seen him play but the reports indicate that Tony Andreu looks like a proper player and so I could potentially see a move like that materialising. I guess this is where the ''football board'' comes into play to a certain extent. They will have identified certain players in this window who they were tracking and they''ll discuss with Neil whether he wants to act on those recommendations.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]i know that AN is not really in control for today''s game ,, but do you think that this weeks appointment will produce a reaction in a positive way from our players ?

Or will some see it as their days being numbered now , about to feel the result of some mediocre , or at best very inconsistent performances and give up , like some have seemed to during games this season ?

Do you think that AN has players in mind already that he would like to bring in ,, or has his appointment been more of a surprise to him than most of us , and therefore has no idea what we are lacking ?[/quote]

Impossible to say.  The way we start the match could be critical as if Bn''mth get into their stride early, it will be a difficult afternoon.  I couldn''t be more disappointed about the effort shown by some in the last couple of matches - that has been a real concern.  What goes on in Hooper''s head I don''t know, he has supposed quality and yet most of the time looks uninterested.  Jerome needs as many chances as Grabban to score so both are wasteful. Wes is as unpredictable as ever.  Johnson can be great or rubbish.   Howson still flatters to deceive. Tettey has been our best player imo this season, but sometimes seems to get caught out of position.

I would hope that Phelan has been gauging what the players have been

like in training this week and will choose those that look up to the

challenge, rather than those that have supposed "quality".  We won''t contain Bn''mth because we haven''t contained anyone that well this season, even some of the clean sheets have been a bit miraculous imo.  All things considered, I hope we get an attacking line up and take Bn''mth on at their own game - attack in numbers with pace and hope we outscore them. 

An improved performance is all that matters in my eyes. A draw would be fantastic!

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]i know that AN is not really in control for today''s game ,, but do you think that this weeks appointment will produce a reaction in a positive way from our players ?

Do you think that AN has players in mind already that he would like to bring in ,, or has his appointment been more of a surprise to him than most of us , and therefore has no idea what we are lacking ?[/quote]
I expect a bunch of numpties will be running around pointing their finger at AN and shouting "child bride! child bride!" while everyone else stares at them with a mixture of bemusement and contempt.