lake district canary

Members
  • Content Count

• Last visited

• Days Won

lake district canary last won the day on January 18

lake district canary had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

4,531 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

17,971 profile views
  1. Big game this one. Bristol are right near the top of the form table so we'll have to be at our best.
  2. Rowe looks quicker on his feet than any player we have - and probably any other team in the championship. That he can go either way and at speed at defenders makes him almost unplayable at times. It would be great to keep him for another season - and maybe we can, especially if we are promoted - it is such a shame that the best players get sold on so quickly and we don't get to see them for more than a few games. Whatever happens, if he is fit to the end of this season, he is a real weapon to have in our challenge for promotion.
  3. This is the truth of it. The Israeli attack on the Iranian Consulate was an attack on Iran - it was intentional and killed Iranian citizens - and can be construed as an act of war. Any condemnation of Iran has to be seen in the light that it was caused by Israel's provocation. No attack by Israel, then no attack by Iran.
  4. Wagner is not Farke, that's for sure, but he does have something. Let's hope it's enough to see off all comers, over the next few weeks, including Farke's Leeds if we meet them.
  5. Well since we might see Leeds possibly twice more this season, any discontent there can only be good for us.
  6. I thought we rode our luck - PNE really ought to have scored from the chances they had.....but we had chances too, but with a lot of poor finishing, many of our shots well off target. Still managed more on target than Preston though and deserved the win in the end - but it could easily have gone the other way. Rowe's introduction made all the difference, he is so lively on the ball.
  7. Suggest we are well in control........ ....doesn't feel like it though.......
  8. Not had that problem. Regarding different people having different experiences, I guess we all have different systems which act differently, but as @shefcanary says, the better and richer tv companies are able to build more robust systems for their users. But - if I pay for a stream, I should be able to get it, without all sorts of jiggery pokery messing about with caches etc etc. Appreciate some others don't get that problem, but some people do. If it happens again - I missed both our goals on Tuesday through picture freezing - I wont be buying that product again.
  9. I have found that Canaries TV is often no better than dodgy streams - picture freezing and slow loading. Not good enough imo, when we are paying for a service. All other paid streams are fine on my system, no problems, so it should be the same with Canaries TV. One exception to that is eurosport, which is also poor in my experience - and they tell me to do this, do that, clear this, clear that, reload, re-boot etc etc.....but it just shouldn't be like that!
  10. Linesmen were given the fancy name "assistant referees" a while ago - but they hardly ever seem to correct anything. I think there is a casual agreement between refs and their assistants that they don't say anything to a ref unless he/she asks them.
  11. Seems to have drummed up some interest. Perhaps it's you who is wasting his time.....
  12. Lol. What, while I'm watching us play? And don't say try going to a match, logistically it isn't possible, nor financially justifiable from where I live.
  13. From the same people that can't finish sentences...."hurrah we've sco....City City" 😉
  14. I like the title "Norwich City" too, but not at the expense of the others. It's happening more and more in reports, podcasts and commentaries. We are "Norwich City" - of course we are, I just think it sounds a bit silly when it is said over and over during matches and reports.
  15. No, but if I'm listening to a report or commentary by our own local correspondents/commentators, then it is clear what City means. What would irk me more is if when we play Man City they are referred to as just "City" when we patently are also City. I have heard that in the past by MOTD pundits and commentators and the like, but I just think that for local use, "Norwich" or "City" is enough on most occasions.