Hairy Canary

Members
  • Content Count

• Last visited

Community Reputation

700 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

3,155 profile views
  1. Don’t forget West Brom. If they don’t win against Sheffield then Hull can catch them too
  2. The line is a matter of fact. Its accuracy is dependent on the technology.
  3. Goal line technology is a matter of fact. The sensor is in the ball and is compared to a static goal line with the receiver measuring against a single parallel line. Off side is measured against hundreds of imaginary lines where it is impossible for the camera to be parallel. In addition the frame when the ball is kicked is arbitrary depending on which one the VAR decides to make the measurement against. Then there is the exact position of the defenders and attackers most forward acceptable body part, where lines have been shown to have not always been drawn correctly. All this and then decisions are decided on millilitres. You have more confidence in the technology than I do Ricardo if you think there is no margin for error there.
  4. Still battling. They’ve got more bottle than Man U, losing at home to Sheffield!
  5. A win against the Swans and we’re there. Hull still something to play for against Ip5w1ch if West Brom don’t beat Wednesday away. Silver linings.
  6. I have a lot of sympathy with refs but the power is with them. Consistency is the key. Sainz gets a second yellow for waving an imaginary card after being cleaned out (the tackle goes unpunished) and Vestergaard gets nothing for screaming abuse in the refs face.
  7. Fair enough. But I’m still hoping that we will be 5th when we kick off against Brum and they need to win to be sure of staying up, which will suit our style of play. They might even be already relegated before we kick off.
  8. I want us to go up without playing them at all. Southampton in the semis and West Brom at Wembley please. Firstly, no first day at Wembley for them. Second we go up and they stay down. Third our 15 years becomes 16 for certain (baring cup draw). I don’t buy this West Brom have an easy last two games. Sheffield away is a tough game for them. Wednesday are out of the bottom 3 for first time in months and a last home game win will see them safe. I wouldn’t fancy it.
  9. Looking like Southampton are the team to play….
  10. Definitely Leicester. Firstly it pretty much takes one automatic spot and halves the binner’s chances but mostly because I’d like to play Southampton in the playoffs. Their style can be a bit open and I fancy us against them. We just need to finish 5th
  11. This is true. Trouble is because decisions are subjective having two refs actually makes things worse.
  12. I know this is going to sound ridiculous but, considering how meticulously VAR measures attackers against opponents when the ball is passed forward, what part of the ball is Sainz supposed to be compared to? Is it the part nearest the goal, the part touching Sargent's foot or it's centre? What a bonkers place we have come to! Like you, at the ground I thought he was offside. That still makes it look much much closer than I realised
  13. Ok, although the point I made was about VAR’s in general and not just offside. I would agree with the offside point but linesmen have been told not to put their flags up and let the VAR make the check. That is where putting the accuracy of the decision above the emotion comes in. It’s just about which you value more.
  14. It’s about losing the emotion of the moment which in my opinion is worth all of that and more. No other sport has it and what lifts football above all the rest. As I say if VAR’s weren’t making mistakes then there would at least be an argument to be had, but they are just as fallible and we’re having just as much controversy as before, if not more.
  15. I agree. Which is worth more. The acceptance that occasionally human officials get things wrong or getting it clinically correct and losing the emotion of the game? It would be bad enough if it were just that but the VAR’s are still getting plenty wrong anyway. I know which I prefer.