• Last visited

• Days Won

king canary last won the day on April 22

king canary had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

7,604 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

12,139 profile views
  1. To be clear I'm not saying he's a bad manager but his reputation vs his actual achievements feels like a huge gap in my view. I'd argue all he's done in his time is taken mid-table teams to mid-table while having lots of possession, yet he's talked about like some hot shot up and coming manager.
  2. But why is it only football where this 'passion' exists? You don't see this in rugby, cricket, golf, very rarely in tennis, even in the NFL or MLB.
  3. Exactly! The expectations for players to control their own behaviour are seemingly lower than the expectations I have for my two year old. It's maddening.
  4. Don't underestimate how obstinate some people can be.
  5. Yes but why is the onus seemingly entirely on them? Why is it not on the managers to keep their players in line or on the players to just show a basic modicum of restraint? It is crazy to me that the first person you want to blame for the behaviour is the person being abused rather than the people hurling the abuse
  6. I'm baffled as to how he's grown the reputation he has as a manager. He's in his 5th season as a manager and has yet to take a team to the playoffs let alone led a team promotion.
  7. Wagner clearly didn't trust him as a regular starter at this level, I doubt he'd fancy him at a higher level.
  8. Ideal scenario for me is this... 3rd- Ipswich 4th- Southampton 5th- Norwich 6th- West Brom We knock out Southampton, West Brom knock out Ipswich, we go up via playoffs.
  9. Just saw Vestergaard at Leicester respond to having an obvious foul given against him by screaming 'I GOT THE ****ING BALL' in the referees face. People talk about the referees needing to earn players respect - what do the players do to earn the referees respect?
  10. Another point to remember. If the quality of refereeing is poor, abusing them won't improve it. Part of the reason the standard isn't higher is that so many people who start refereeing at younger levels suffer dogs abuse (in part copied from what people see on TV) and end quitting.
  11. The level of Vadis Odjidja erasure (does that rhyme?) for Belgium is shocking.
  12. Good list but I fear you've missed a key word in the title 😉